Game crashes when opening items purchased from AH

Hi all,

Since the TWW prepatch my game has been crashing when trying to open mail with items from the AH. The issues appears to be exclusively with items brought from the AH. Mailing items between characters is working fine. Happens to all character when opening mail from the AH.

I’m getting the below message:

Program:C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe

Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION - The instruction at “0x00007ff7b32c72bf” referenced memory at “0x0000000000000000a”.

The memory could no be “read”.
ProcessID: 9672
ThreadID: 18832

Press OK to terminate the application.

I’ve tried removing addons, repairing and reinstalling the game as suggested with similar posts but without any success.

Has anyone else had a similar issue or found a fix?

Thanks,

Edit: Context I’m trying for Chef title and brought some Rhino Dogs off AH. I crafted some on one toon and sent to another which also caused the crashed. Mailing other items (Wildercloth and gold) is fine and did not cause the game to crash. Also game crashes when trying to eat or sell Delicious Chocolate Cake…

1 Like

I had the same problem, and can confirm that the Delicious Chocolate Cake indeed makes the game crash(picking it up from mail in my case, tested it by mailing it around some chars). That is actually funny!

Disabling all addons made me able to take it from the mail, although it did make the game crash.

1 Like

same as all those people in here i guess you are not alone
there is even a blue post in there

Having same issue with Delicious Chocolate Cake in mail - disabling addons doesn’t help me however!

Yesterday i had critical errors with my warlock trying to purchase pvp replica weapons from area 52 netherstorm.

What ive noticed is , whenever i hovered my mouse to the vendor’s items , i got insta critical error crash (with my lock whos eligible to buy the items)

But when i tried the same with one of my chars that wasnt eligible , the critical error didnt happen… I could hover with my mouse on the replica pvp weapons vendor with no problem at all.

This happens only with a char that is able to buy the items!
Please can someone test just to see if its the case for ev1?!

Ps: i tried removing all addons etc , but nothing works.

Had the exact same issue. Opening unsold items from the mail, and when I got to the chocolate cake it crashed. The cake is a lie?? :slight_smile:

My friend sent me a chocolate cake mail for my birthday… now opening the mail crashes the game with an access violation. A poorly timed birthday! :rofl:

1 Like

I have the same issue. Its on 1 caracter only. Opening mailbox gives a crash like yours. 2 tickets so far both gave stuff to true but nothing works. Also tried a new install on a different PC with no curseforge or addons. But also here the game crashes.
B768C85F-3D89-469E-B2DB-7F9582E405AD
Hope it will get fixed tho.

I am getting this error BUT with quest hand-ins (not all quests just a select few.)

Interesting, at least it’s not an issues my end then. Seems the prepatch has caused quite a few issues. Hopefully get a fix soon. Thanks!

I’ve collected all threads regarding this issue and created a bug report here:

2 Likes

Had another in game mail crash with another char than before.
Think it was from unsold items again.
Error code 7F5B1EBD-764F-4F72-A712-9B84702225C8

Got crash again from clicking on Obsidium Cleaver in the mail

Error code
588C162A-F33A-4B40-938A-0B330C7A21D9

Noticed another thing when it crashed.
The char lost the actionbar settings every time it happened.

managed to clear the mail by opening all, instead of shift clicking mail by mail.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.