Game doesn't work after 8.1 patch

Not found it yet. Still searching…

First of all, thank you for your replies. That said, however…

Correlation is not causation, as I’m sure you will agree. There is a marked difference between “In the vast majority of cases the computer was running outdated drivers and/or unsupported graphics cards” and “Running outdated drivers and/or unsupported graphics cards is what caused this issue”, as you seemed to imply. You might point out that there seems to exist a strong correlation between this issue and people running outdated drivers and/or unsupported graphics cards, but I’m quite sure that there’s an even stronger correlation between this issue and, say, people using keyboards. It’s literally the same line of reasoning.

Not to mention that even if, as you say, the problems in most cases are correlated with, or even caused by outdated drivers and/or unsupported GPUs, that means that there are some which are not, yet the problem is still there. Now, unless there are two different underlying issues that manifest the same way, then it’s safe to assume that no, the problems are not caused by outdated drivers and/or unsupported GPUs.

But yes, I’m sure that WoW taking 18 minutes to start and then running perfectly fine from that point on is due to my GPU being very, very slow. /s

5 Likes

Wow don’t see RTX 2080 and you say this is not supported graphic card with outdated drivers? Are you insane?

It’s not because of unsupported hardware, of many things two main ones changed:

• DX12 additions.
  • Folder structure.

I don’t even wanna see the impact of the AMD Adrenalin 2019 drivers released today.

Found ‘‘A’’ fix!
Tho keep in mind i’m on a laptop and this worked for me.

• Open up Nvidia control panel (not GeForce Experience).
  • Navigate to ‘‘manage 3d settings’’.
  • Below ‘‘global settings’’, pick your CPU/intergrated CPU/Intel (whatever it’s called) proccesor from the ‘‘global presets’’ dropdown menu and hit apply. (note that you can try this for specific programs like WoW, but i haven’t tried this).
  • Run WoW thru the bnet app.

I’m on a ASUS laptop with a i7 2630QM CPU and a GT540M GPU on Windows 10 64-bit.
Hopefully this trick will work for you!

1 Like

That disables the 3D card.

1 Like

Don’t works on amd video cards :frowning:

For AMD videocards the Adrenalin 2019 were released today.
Note these are considered a major release.

Nope last drivers are from 2015…

Having issues logging online. Macbook Pro 15’ 2018 (Using Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB graphics)

I can launch the game and get the character screen, after I try to enter Azeroth with one of my characters the client crashes on the loading screen.

After update to 8.1 wow can’t start ( it takes cca 5mins to get into char selection).
If I press system setings the wow is dead for like 5mins again. I have deleted cache, after that updated drivers, deleted and reinstaled wow and I still have same issue.
PS: Hardware is still same as yesterday :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

OMG changing to integrated CPU in Nvidia control panel actually worked, the game is running on my Intel HD 3000, Blizzard can stop the bullsh1t about outdated graphics card and maybe fix the issue

8 Likes

That’s true. But somehow WoW does run.
If it works for you, go into the WoW system settings itself and look under ‘‘advanced’’ and choose the 3D card/GPU. Somehow WoW will use the GPU if you do it that way.

I’m sorry to hear that :frowning: Maybe there is a similair option in the AMD control panel?

Glad to hear that it worked for you! :smiley:

Strange thing, wow is working on integrated intel hd 3000 but can’t run on dedicated 4gb lol :joy:

8 Likes

Well they told you that you have outdated graphic card and you need 2 upgrade your hardware. And now it works :sunglasses:

Nope still don’t works.

Any updates from Blizzard side? Or just /ignore.

nothing but BUY NEW STUFF!!! :smiley:

1 Like