Game doesn't work after 8.1 patch

Hi all, this has worked for me but not relevant to many I expect.

My machine post patch started running incredibly badly (i3570, 16gb Ram, Geforce 1060). After digging around a bit I found that the game was using my secondary card (Radeon HD 2400) as the go to hardware and ignoring the 1060 - hence the issues. I disabled the Radeon and the game has defaulted back to the 1060 and all is well. I’ve no idea why I popped the Radeon in there in the first place (an ale fuelled good idea at the time probably). Good luck everyone in getting your systems sorted.

Any new news about that problem?

Same issue game not working. I tried every suggestion from here but still not worked

3 Likes

Game don’t lauch from laucher, After click system buttom game crash, loading game main menu takes around 15-60 min. System spec:
i5-4430
Radeon r5 230
12 gb ddr3
Game instaled on Samsung ssd
Every driver is updated on Windows 8

1 Like

i guess it wont get fix. same as they did not fixed dks in pvp for 4 months since the release of bfa

yeah :frowning: Now I’m just playing and hoping I wont ever mistakenly close the actual game lol. Just log off!

Oh, and yes I’m playing the game with my ~~old system even though launching is a joke.

Here is what I did: uninstalled Nvidia drivers, restarted laptop and using only Intel graphic drivers. Game works fine after that. With Nvidia drivers I had black screen. Without it everything is like before patch (no freezing when using escape etc).

same problem here…amd … :frowning:

Hi, this is a guess, but maybe worth a try. In the System menu, goto Advanced and in the Graphics Card option if it says “Auto-detect” instead select the card you want.

If the Graphics API option is there then set this to DirectX 11 which may help as well.

Not sure if you need to do both or just the first.

… i’m afraid to click the system menu :smiley: It crashes the minute i click it.

1 Like

Ouch, that wont help :slight_smile:

The value might be stored in the config.wtf if so you could edit this directly.

do you know which line does that? like how can i set it manually?

Not found it yet. Still searching…

First of all, thank you for your replies. That said, however…

Correlation is not causation, as I’m sure you will agree. There is a marked difference between “In the vast majority of cases the computer was running outdated drivers and/or unsupported graphics cards” and “Running outdated drivers and/or unsupported graphics cards is what caused this issue”, as you seemed to imply. You might point out that there seems to exist a strong correlation between this issue and people running outdated drivers and/or unsupported graphics cards, but I’m quite sure that there’s an even stronger correlation between this issue and, say, people using keyboards. It’s literally the same line of reasoning.

Not to mention that even if, as you say, the problems in most cases are correlated with, or even caused by outdated drivers and/or unsupported GPUs, that means that there are some which are not, yet the problem is still there. Now, unless there are two different underlying issues that manifest the same way, then it’s safe to assume that no, the problems are not caused by outdated drivers and/or unsupported GPUs.

But yes, I’m sure that WoW taking 18 minutes to start and then running perfectly fine from that point on is due to my GPU being very, very slow. /s

5 Likes

Wow don’t see RTX 2080 and you say this is not supported graphic card with outdated drivers? Are you insane?

It’s not because of unsupported hardware, of many things two main ones changed:

• DX12 additions.
  • Folder structure.

I don’t even wanna see the impact of the AMD Adrenalin 2019 drivers released today.

Found ‘‘A’’ fix!
Tho keep in mind i’m on a laptop and this worked for me.

• Open up Nvidia control panel (not GeForce Experience).
  • Navigate to ‘‘manage 3d settings’’.
  • Below ‘‘global settings’’, pick your CPU/intergrated CPU/Intel (whatever it’s called) proccesor from the ‘‘global presets’’ dropdown menu and hit apply. (note that you can try this for specific programs like WoW, but i haven’t tried this).
  • Run WoW thru the bnet app.

I’m on a ASUS laptop with a i7 2630QM CPU and a GT540M GPU on Windows 10 64-bit.
Hopefully this trick will work for you!

1 Like

That disables the 3D card.

1 Like

Don’t works on amd video cards :frowning: