Game doesn't work after 8.1 patch

For AMD videocards the Adrenalin 2019 were released today.
Note these are considered a major release.

Nope last drivers are from 2015…

Having issues logging online. Macbook Pro 15’ 2018 (Using Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB graphics)

I can launch the game and get the character screen, after I try to enter Azeroth with one of my characters the client crashes on the loading screen.

After update to 8.1 wow can’t start ( it takes cca 5mins to get into char selection).
If I press system setings the wow is dead for like 5mins again. I have deleted cache, after that updated drivers, deleted and reinstaled wow and I still have same issue.
PS: Hardware is still same as yesterday :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

OMG changing to integrated CPU in Nvidia control panel actually worked, the game is running on my Intel HD 3000, Blizzard can stop the bullsh1t about outdated graphics card and maybe fix the issue

8 Likes

That’s true. But somehow WoW does run.
If it works for you, go into the WoW system settings itself and look under ‘‘advanced’’ and choose the 3D card/GPU. Somehow WoW will use the GPU if you do it that way.

I’m sorry to hear that :frowning: Maybe there is a similair option in the AMD control panel?

Glad to hear that it worked for you! :smiley:

Strange thing, wow is working on integrated intel hd 3000 but can’t run on dedicated 4gb lol :joy:

8 Likes

Well they told you that you have outdated graphic card and you need 2 upgrade your hardware. And now it works :sunglasses:

Nope still don’t works.

Any updates from Blizzard side? Or just /ignore.

nothing but BUY NEW STUFF!!! :smiley:

1 Like

AFter 5 min waiting at white window sized wow app i log in and enter the world. then the game work perfectly,

so the problem here is :

1, launching the game
2, when i press esc and try to access the system settings my game crashes

otherwise it works as in 8,0

1 Like

Open the ‘AMD Catalist Control Center’ -> Power -> Switchable Graphics Global Settings

In ‘Global Application Settings’ dropdown for both options (Battery/Plugged In) choose ‘Force power-saving graphics’, and the game will work properly, but on your system’s integrated graphics card, with low fps

Epilogue: yeap, I know that this is not an option for a long-term usage, and we are still hoping that the snowfall will find a fix or workaround for this issue. But it’s a working solution to not remove drivers for your discrete graphics before every start of WOW

1 Like

I have same problem, before patch no problem, now the game is unplayable.

Have updated graphics drivers, uninstalled game and reinstalled, updated Battle net and downloaded all game updates.

I can get into character select screen but as soon as I try and load the game it kicks me from the server.

*Edit - It gave me a warning about graphics drivers next to Character select before that, which is why I updated them.

2 Likes

Okay, explain to me then why my Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB can’t run WoW with the DX12 API anymore (tested with 3 different Nvidia driver suites). Just hours before the patch went live i was using DX12 with my fps ranging from 50 (Boralus) to 80. Now i am forced to run DX11 and in Boralus my fps is in the 30’s. Yeah, go ahead and try to tell me that the above gfx card is outdated… i challenge you.

So much for “…several upgrades and optimizations for modern systems…”.

My brother in law had to activate his INTEGRATED Intel HD 520 in order to play the game. Because his dedicated gfx card, an Asus GTX 1050 wouldn’t run it. And guess what… hours before 8.1 the same card worked just fine. Now, according to your link the Intel HD 520 is bellow the minimum requirements.

Tell the tech brass above you to mount up the decency to admit that the issue lies on Blizzards site. And try to help the hundreds of people who found themselves overnight with “outdated” and “unsupported” hardware. These people bought your expansion and paid you for their subscriptions.

4 Likes

thx is good !!! , and for the paramètre système bloqued, you need wait 5 / 20 min in window white for release

Todays hotfix… still nothing for us