Game doesn't work after 8.1 patch

nothing happend still blank page and game not start

1 Like

I had the same issue today guys and tried all kinds of solutions people posted on the forums. What worked for me in the end is that I went to the Installation Folder > retail > Right Click on Wow.exe file > Compatibility Card > Run this program in Compatibility for Windows 8. Try this and let me know if it helped you.

Cheers!

1 Like

Exactly my case. The day 8.1went live i could not start the game without changing the API to DX11 in the config file located inside the WTF folder. After doing this the game run and i played for a couple of hours without problems. Today when i tried to play, WoW installed a patch and bam… it wouldn’t start again. Not even with the API set to DX11.

So i set compatibility mode to win 8 and it worked. Obviously this “solution” applies only to peeople with windows 10.

And yet Blizzard continues to blame this on the players.

1 Like

I’ve uninstalled wow twitch and everything on my pc there’s nothing on it no av or anything and we are downloading wow in full in safe mode so far it’s slow but we will see how it goes coz it should download the patch within the download

I dont think that will do much good Lamb i think issue is somewhere around direct x12 , windows update and wow update . I might be wrong so good luck to you

Yeah…same problem here…i managed somehow to msconfig and test what program was incompatible with wow 8.1 and i saw that i need to shut down the Power from System Configuration-> Services in order to run wow. But this is not normal.
All players please understand this: we have the money, we have the power not Blizzard. If they don’t behave corectly with our issue we have many legal methods to recuperate the time spent and the money spent on their product!

Guys if anyone still has the Long launch/game becoming unresponsive issue then crashing on pressing the System button to change video settings , i have a solution for it
WAIT , if you wait enough the game will launch after 5-10 minutes and try to enter the settings from the login menu before you get into the char select ,i know its not a professional solution but GM’s couldnt help tryed everything updating deleting reseting doesnt make any difference so just be patient and wait you only have to do the video settings once then it will be fine apart from the long launch times
This is the best solution i found now im running the game on 6 as recommended video settings and 50-70 fps so its not an outdated hardware issue , it happens on better laptops/pcs i hope that was helpful
So just be patient setup your video settings and the resolution scaling to 100 % and the pixels go away , and wait 5-10 minutes everytime you start the game until they come up with a solution for GL

You know people cannot start game because game don’t see graphic cards?

1 Like

Okay, I’ve tried submitting this in Firefox, Chrome and finally IE. Seriously, your forum software sucks…

Problem: WoW after patch 8.1 fails to initiate the dedicated gaming graphics chip when starting the game, and uses the default Intel desktop graphics chip (which can’t run Direct3D, etc.) instead…

FIX: in Control Panel, go to Power Options, then Advanced Options. Change any and all graphics options to ‘MAXIMUM’ on battery and adapter. Apply, and reboot.
This will channel the game directly to your now-active gaming chip. It’ll also suck power and heat up your laptop, so reset power to ‘system defaults/recommended’ after gaming…!

Mine are set to maximum since the release of the patch and still this does not fix it. The problem here is that the game does not detect the second video card even if it is supproted. When i set my AMD to power saving the game starts and when i set it to maximum it does not start.

2 Likes

Yeeee, cheers for ya, i´ve waited like 15 mins to get into game, 15 to get into settings, 15 to apply the settings, but now it looks like its running … Thanks Blizzard Kappa. Its unacceptable to wait 15 mins for game to launch. I know i just did the settings now so i dont have to do it later but still, 15 mins for game to launch when it was like 1 min before the patch? Wondering if i will buy next game time … Dont wanna pay for something that is not working properly.

Well, wanted to change the settings ingame and the game crashed. Great. 45 mins wasted.

2 Likes

Well dude i cannot play too since i am running with 10-20 fps due to the game using intel chip isnted of my video card. so its still unplayable

if you are using win10 set compatibility mode win8 then go. worked for me

i am with win 7 dude

Yes,
Similar one was mentioned earlier by me.
Blizzard work for money, and WOW is not a free game give for ‘just’.

Slowly game time is passing, and yet game is still unplayable. Any informations that they are working on fix?

quand tu lance de battle.net laisse le jeu planter 5 - 30 min max et c’est bon, en jeu si tu vas sur système le jeu va encore planter, identifiant = système, après retourne en jeu

This is so baaad man. How does this kind of thing even happen.

worked for me changed in game settings to direct 11
said need client restart.
Using the new drivers
radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-18.12.2-minimalsetup-181212_web
Game started again fingers crossed

1 Like