Game should be free to play; patchs are not worth the sub

clearly blizzard isn’t putting any effort into the patch anymore. subs should be for only raiding.

BFA had alot effort; now there not even trying anymore. there is really no point to sub anymore.

21 Likes

Can I have your gold then?

2 Likes

no you can’t have my gold ian.

3 Likes

No ofc not, you will be needing it won’t you!

1 Like

If he can’t have it, can I? I promise I’m not called Ian.

Don’t be silly, they will need all their gold when they continue to play, despite their disappointment with the game :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well of course. If you become curious and want to check the game out again, it is rather depressing that you’re immidiately confronted with a paywall to play the game that you’ve already paid for before.
Having some gold that you can use to access the game is surely a nice option to have, versus whipping out the credit card and spending more money on something you’re not entirely sure about.

1 Like

F2P games suck.

5 Likes

They can make a free version and a payed one with more content .

Wow’s quality dropped , there is not point emphasizing on this, number of subs says it all .

3 Likes

You think the quality of the game you’re playing is dictated by the cost of it? Activision Blizzard made $2.1 billion in profit last year. That’s just excess wealth. The amount of money you pay for WoW does not correspond to the amount of money Blizzard invests into it - let alone the quality of the game experience it results in.

It’s pretty stupid to assign quality to cost when it comes to gaming. No offense, but…

6 Likes

Let me repeat that. F2P games, generally, suck.

8 Likes

WoW is free-to-play up to level 20. Must be a crappy introduction to the game that Blizzard serves up since it’s free! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t think they lack effort they just don’t know how to make people feel like its great again.

I think they try too hard with some of the new systems they add and then don’t have enough time so bugs and flaws make into the game.

He’s right though. When the majority of profit comes from the cash shop, the majority of dev time goes to designing cash shop items. Just as an example SWTOR - in 8 years they created exactly 2 raids.

1 Like

Trial / Demos aren’t “F2P” (business model)…

1 Like

if the game becomes 100% free, it will also be a cash shop fiesta, even more than today.
you want WoW to turn into some Asian mmo? cuze thats how.

also, never thought i would ever read something like this in my entire life.

2 Likes

This game should never be free to play. Don’t give them ideas, I’ve heard the shop already brings more money than sub. If anything, we should fiercely oppose that.

3 Likes

I duly note that SW:ToR has just announced a new expansion that will release in December and is free.

On the other hand I note that WoW just introduced a new store mount that costs €25.

So you know…

But it’s besides the point. Even without the subscription for WoW, we still forked over €40 for the Shadowlands expansion, plus there’s an Online Store and paid Account Services. So it’s not like the only price point between WoW being free-to-play or not is the subsciption.

I think you can also criticize WoW’s subscription model for encouraging Blizzard to develop around quarterly financial results. It sure is weird that they release a patch and a store mount just now when the Q2 results are coming up.
So I’m not sure that’s any better than the business model the various free-to-play games operate around.

Besides, Blizzard don’t pour lots of resources into WoW because it has a subscription. They do it for the same reason they also pour lots of resources into Hearthstone (which is free-to-play) - because it makes money! It doesn’t matter how it makes money so long as it does.

Just because WoW has a certain business model doesn’t mean it can’t have an equally profitable business model that doesn’t revolve around a subscription. And neither does it mean that Blizzard wouldn’t pour the same resources into the game as they already do, so long as it continues to make a profit! I mean, for crying out loud, whether they had 12 million subscribers in the past or far less today, they seemingly pour roughly the same resources into it. So it clearly doesn’t matter how much money we throw at them, so long as we throw enough at them. And we do. They are swimmiing in it.

2 Likes

You’re not really elaborating on your obscure reasoning, so I’m just going to scratch it up as dogmatic belief. Forgive me for not attributing much if any weight to it.

Don’t really care what you think. I find the F2P model absolute rubbish, and I avoid ANY game with it like the bloody plague that it is.

2 Likes