Ganking lowbies

Is it impossible now that the Shadowlands leveling system phases everyone into different timelines? Asking for a friend, of course :angel:

2 Likes

I would imagine you could only do this on a twink now, you’d have to lockout to level 49 so that you can still choose all the Chromie levelling times.

I’ve never understood why some feel the need to kill low level characters and you’d only be able to do it in WM on. The players can simply go and turn it off to avoid a ganker or level in another area or even expansion. Not hard to get away from someone trying to disrupt levelling.

Why would you help him with this? WHHHHY? :sob:

1 Like

Warmode is not free buff.

2 Likes

I’m sowwy.

I think it’s easier than ever to avoid players that seem to have nothing better to do than grief others. You can mostly level anywhere in that expansion, just move zone.

Scaling has been quite funky at times, allowing low levels to kill higher levels. Or just gang up on them.

2 Likes

I’m happy there is warmode at least to keep such people away. I don’t miss the days of a guy standing in front of my mobs trying to get me to accidentally hit them so I’d get flagged.

Imo if you opt into warmode, expect to be facerolled. I find PvP so toxic.

2 Likes

Ad an old player killer it was often a case of execive greed on my part, when i farmed plants in an area i made sure the competition died again and again like lions kill everything else, now with the time i realise how selfish and immature it was but what is done is done.

i think its still possible but only if you are in bfa zones since they are kind of the default time line and i dont think they are “phased” into any timeline like classic/wod/legion etc.

could be wrong though.

My first realm was a PvP server so I’m familiar with the ins and outs but going to a low level area to specifically kill people who are just trying to level serves no purpose. Especially in this version of WoW. Back then it was considered a means to bait someone to get their main or for someone to call on their friends.

Use your alt on a second account, select a timeline with Chromie and use party sync.

I often used to annoy just for a few time a low level especially true on Hellfire peninsula then a big fish come to defend and we would jump him/her and so she call friend list because he feel offended/shamed now that i am no longer in the game i can confess ;).

Honorable kills…

Imagine if they implemented dishonorable kills that reduced the amount of:

• honor
  • conquest
  • anima
  • stygia
  • whatever currency (almost wrote curry :rofl:)

but of course, it would reduce it only if you attacked the lowbie first.

4 Likes

Surely a very poor idea, if it is red, it must be dead.

1 Like

Why do this? Go to the Maw and fight people at your level.

1 Like

I started playing during TBC and our NPCs would often be dead in Thrallmar and you’d be waiting around while dodging the higher level players. They took ages to respawn back then as well and you’d have to race to hand in before they killed them again.

2 Likes

here, have a curry cat

3 Likes

Sometimes it’s just by accident, hillarious collateral damage.

Sometimes it’s to teach them what it means to be pvp flagged.

Sometimes to lure higher players out to face you.

Sometimes because their face is very… face!

Sometimes because it can be a real challenge to trick them into getting pvp flagged using dirty tricks.

Sometimes because you know it’s wrong which just makes it extra sinfully delightful.

Mostly because I’m bored and a bit of a douche.

2 Likes

Remind me to come across you on one of my full 220+ PvP geared characters :3

I’ll be looking out for Worgens from Argent Dawn

1 Like

At least you are honest :slight_smile:

I have killed someone repeatedly once when they kept killing my levelling character. So I got my main and I killed them repeatedly and sat on their corpse, they didn’t log in again and then I carried on levelling in peace.

Other times it can go horribly wrong getting your main. And you don’t end up being any better off :laughing:

But this was pre Chromie levelling.

2 Likes

That was excellent yet it lacks by greed, I did not feel like sharing mining nodes/herbs on the same area I know shame on me it didn’t belong to me but …:smiley:

1 Like