Ganking lowbies

Sometimes you get lucky and find a bunch of level 50-55 alliance players in shadowlands. Although not that low, they can still be killed in a couple of spells.

It’s much more of an old pvp server thing.
When we had those it was kind of expected to get ganked ocasionally and most that played on pvp servers did it knowing the risks and specifically for the extra thrill that came with it.

I at least and probably most didn’t go out their way just to kill low levels or corpsecamp someone, or ruins someones questing.
But when you see some lvl 24 night elf male hunter named legolaxxx strolling on some path in ashenvale then you just have to kill him at least once. The universe expects it.

Contrary to my douchiness I actually mostly try to leave players alone, especially when they’re just trying to quest and I even help them with the quest boss they’re struggling with and I often get a couple thanks emotes in response… Then I kill them.
But if I recognize them from some earlier pvp fight, if they’re pvp geared, engage me first or if they’re some server or forum celebrity then it is so on!

Now a days in warmode it’s no fun with wpvp.
Most people in warmode are only there for the extra benefits and it’s no fun for anyone involved.
Just a buch of angry players trying to exploit extra rewards be it honor or exp that don’t really want to be there.

I miss pvp servers and server community :I

We had like a rival guild on our realm, both would kill the other on sight. Sometimes it would end up being a big showdown between the two with lots of members of both taking part.

2 Likes

I just /laugh if some 220 ilvl level 60 kills me whilst I am levelling with wm on. After 5 times or more at the same spot whilst trying to do a quest I report them- because it gives me something to do whilst waiting for the respawn timer.
I used to get my main and reck them, but with it mainly being rogues these days (who run/stealth away very fast at the first sign of a challenge) it’s just more hassle than it’s worth.
I start to feel sorry for them after a while. So terribad they have to gank low levels to make themselves feel better…

Thats a good one :rofl: :laughing:

1 Like

I’m a bit curious what you report them for?

Since having WM on means you’re willing to partake in PvP and the solution is to just turn it off.

1 Like

My friend misses ganking in Redridge/Duskwood and then making a mini-war once the lowbies would get their mains on. Seems like Actiblizz killed another form of good fun.

ganking lowbies sad sould not be mean player so bad pvp cant win start genking lowbies relly sad

But… it’s fun.

no it sad for new players and also why would genk poor lowbies noting cen do against u fight back…

My friend does it, not me. But it’s something entertaining to do because by having wm on they agreed to it + they get mad.

Nothing feels better than corpse camping a ganker. Bonus points if he is a rogue and your main is a demon hunter. Watch him stealth and try to run away only to be hit by your glove toss. Also setting up a cooking fire is a mandatory tool of any good corpse camp.

4 Likes

If you take a 60 rogue into SW there’s usually a few lowbies with wm on for the buff that you can one shot if you’re bored.

treu mean person gank lowbie and he does it back to him noting against thet but it when some who did noting to thet person start camp him at dead spawn point thet sad part wont even gain hornor never understant thet sad sould not be wait for them be 60 deul 1 vs 1

yes i hate genk lowbies very unfair sport and show how bad you are pvp cant win your own lvl

4 Likes

I believe this is fixed nowadays anyway. If you try to attack a PvP target without being flagged the game tells you you need to be flagged to do that.

Only way to be unwillingly flagged now is to run too close to enemy PvP NPCs and get aggro.

It’s called War Mode. They turn it off and thus turn off getting ganked. It was more fun when there were still PvP and no War Mode.

1 Like

Yes fortunately!

1 thet gank are very bad pvp sorry sey it get some own lvl genk poor lowbies waste of time

Ahhh I miss the good old days when I just started with Hellfire Peninsula on my first ever character.

My night Elf Warrior. Armed with a sword and some funky mismatch of gear I remember a rather obnoxious rogue killing me and a few others of similar levels.

I distinctly remember me a dwarf paladin and night elf hunter grouping together thinking if we huddled and waited for him to attack one of us there was no hecking way he’d kill all three of us.

We fought, till the last one standing stood atop of a pile of corpses. This evil undead rogue had an aura of pure skill at the time. I remember looking in awe.

After that I dinged max and would sit and wait for hordies to come and attack those levelling in the area and enter legendary duels…only to get absolutely slapped up. But this didn’t deter me. Oh no. Not this night elf warrior.

I got geared, I made a yell charge macro, bought potions and levelled first aid.
The tides shifted!

That was …UNTIL! a mage who I shall not name for fear of him reappearing, tormented me and the levellers.

Seriously this made WoW for me. Best darn memories. Still have the warrior but he’s a gnome now…for some, strange reason.