Ganking lowbies

Never seen it as a need. Was always on a pvp server and I knew that cuts both ways. Some days I’d just attack anyone I ran into without even looking at their level. Other times I’d just gank wavers.

At the same time, I knew that when I was leveling and saw this max level with high end gear coming at me, not much I could do aside close my eyes and think of England.

It’s only after this Warmode stuff that people started complaining en masse about being ganked.

This is the worst change Blizzard made :frowning: but luckily you can still gank players leveling in shadowlands.

Indeed there isn’t much you can do when someone is that much higher than you, I’m not sure how it is with scaling these days.

I will never forget my first venture to Tarren Mill where an Alliance just corpse camped me all the way there. I would have to move as far away from my body as I could then ress and run as far as I could before he killed me again (which wasn’t very far). Many deaths later I worked my way across the zone and into the patrolling NPCs that walk back and forth into TM. Then find the Inn and log out until that person is bored.

There was no WM bonus to compensate, you just had to ‘suck it up’. I really hated it but I had no idea what realm types were and I joined a friend. Years later I moved to a PvE realm and my personal enjoyment of the game increased no end. Each to their own. I’m sure some like that extra edge that they are going to be stomped on at any moment.

Ironically I am killed less levelling in WM on now, than I was when PvP realms were a thing. Most use it purely as a levelling bonus.

1 Like

What I really don’t understand is why so many people call warmode a failure. Compared to pvp realms I find it a much better solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.