Garbage software

Tried to reinstall this platypus to level up toons with the mrs (her idea) and i cant even get the stupid launcher to download. Every. Single.platypus loading bar freezes. Have to look for a fix for every single one i mean wtplatypus even is this ? not only has your game hit rock bottom but your software has too. You never cease to amaze me acticircus.

Edit: lol at being able to post even when your accounts no longer active too. Forums were obviously that dead.

1 Like

I mean, we can be pretty sure the downloader works because several million people have successfully used it.

While it’s frustrating to be the one person it doesn’t work for, you have to admit that it’s probably something weird about your particular PC rather than the software.

5 Likes

Aight. Around several million players can use the “garbage software”…while you can’t.
May I propose more saltyness in the forums? I am sure THAT will fix your tehnical issues. Also dont forget a few “Blizzard sux” trown in here and there for some better FPS…aight?

5 Likes

Ok, thanks for sharing.

I guess you have to blow some steam here because you can’t around the mrs?

6 Likes

the 7 million players still playing this more than likely installed it many moons ago and have been updating it since then. I’m having serious issues with a fresh install but only with this game cliant im forced to use in order to play, And for the record Blizzard have been sucking major donkey balls since Activision took over, Subs are at an all time low and their lack of community interaction and greedy ways have been pretty bad over the last year.

10 year old OS.

How old’s the hardware? How old’s your car? Washing machine? Microwave?

Are you absolutely 100% positive that running something from this decade won’t solve your problems?

2 Likes

This is a strange “I quit!” thread, considering you haven’t really started yet.

But bye, I guess. :thinking:

7 Likes

Take a shower and go to sleep. Then try again tomorrow after work.

1 Like

Windows 7 Usage Is Still High. If you’re still using Windows 7, you’re not alone. According to Net Market Share, 35.63 % of Windows users are still using Windows 7 as of December 2018. Windows 10 has 52.36% of Windows users

copied from google. so thats not the problem as its still updated regularly.

worked fine up until i quit wow a few months ago as i didnt feel like the game was worth paying for anymore and uninstalled the game and BN.

Now reinstalling it is seems to be more difficult than sniffing a fart in a hurricane.

Right. You hate Blizzard and its products. You also hate their launcher…
You are trying to get a game running despite…hatting the game?
What exactly is your “goal”? Or you simply had a bad day at work and are using the forums as your punching bag to let out some steam…?

4 Likes

I am positive that ignoring the Tech/Support forums to see if there’s a common explanation (whilst spewing childish vitriol in General Discussions at Blizzard and the Launcher) will get you nothing but positive results and helpful answers to your woes.

Older operating systems having high usage in the present day (despite its age) has no bearing when it comes to games/software that have been updated throughout the many years, DirectX just being one example of something that could easily cause compatibility issues, but for launcher issues it’s usually more mundane than that and can often be helped/remedied by deleting certain files to re-start the process over. For such tips, head to Tech Support and just explain your issue. If you don’t want it resolved and just want to vent then there’s no value in raging here.

It is also extremely possible to be more than just that issue. Even fresh Windows installations do not guarantee anything, especially not if there is any kind of fault in the hardware. It could quite literally be anything.

So yes, spare us the hate and take the matter seriously if you genuinely do wish to see it resolved - there’s more than enough venom to go around without having yet another veiled hate-thread masquerading as a tech issue (in the wrong forum).

5 Likes

Got it working > started installing > stops randomly at 58.gb. Been stopped for 5-10 mins now. Been a great couple of hours having wow back in my life but im afraid i simply cannot be rimmed with this struggle any more tonight. Farewell wow community and cheers for the supportive posts. Il maybe return in a couple of years with a degree in computer science and perhaps then il be able to get this launcher working.

Night night.

My man. You have to actually play the game first so I can ask for your gold after your heartfelt I quit post.

3 Likes

Here is the thing… you are posting on General Discussions. OK When players have technical issues they raise a query on a forum that is actually there for that reason. However, if you want to waste your time spouting nonsense on General then go have a field day.

And way to go insulting those that may have been minded to help. If you behave anything like the attitude you display here with your computer I’m not surprised it refuses to install.

Anyway… if you need any help finding the technical forums then its… er. Who cares. Bye.

1 Like

My daughter downloaded it all absolutely fine a couple of months back from scratch so I’m kinda inclined to think it’s something your end, could be anything like the above poster said. I would say I hope you get it sorted but I kinda feel that you don’t even wanna play WoW so it seems it’s for the best that you can’t currently even get it to download the launcher.

Also the new forums have a slight bug that allows unsubbed accounts to post, although it tends to be recently unsubbed accounts that can still post not accounts that have been inactive and unsubbed for months/years… (my second unsubbed and unused for 3+ years account can’t post for example)

1 Like

I mean, we might have been more supportive if you’d actually wanted to play the game and join the community.

It’s pretty clear you don’t want to do either. Which is fine - you’re entirely free to spend your time in any way that makes you happy :slight_smile:

OTOH, it’s hella confusing when you’re moaning about not being able to do a thing you don’t want to do, and not taking really basic steps to help yourself do it.

Pretty sure you’ve actually got what you wanted from this experience :joy:

3 Likes

This is a technical forum related thread .why are you posting it in general discussion ? You are not even looking for a solution it seems .

No it’s not updated regularly, the only updates Windows 7 gets are critical security updates which is coming to an end. Further to that if you wish to keep receiving those updates it starts at 25 quid the first year, and doubles each subsequent year.

Microsoft are killing Windows 7 and it’s support and rightly so, it’s ancient.

As a PC support technician and now a Software developer I can assure you that 90% of issues are caused by the user, which is a well known fact.

Edit : just in case you are curious as to when support ended for general consumers…extended support is meant for major corporations with thousands of machines while they prepare for a system wide upgrade.

Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 13, 2015, but extended support won’t end until January 14, 2020.

3 Likes

Care to explain what vitriol means?

So 32 or 64 bit Windows 7?

I would also guess if it’s not that then it’s probably your security software.

1 Like