Gay night elf marriage is now part of lore SPOILERS

maybe not but saying what you don’t like is freedom of speech

1 Like

freedom of speech includes saying stuff that you, daestra will not like.
Can you fathom this concept?

3 Likes

well blizzard can alweys add a Cinematic where you can see the bouth night elves men kissing ea other it will be so funny :rofl:

Ur not aloud to say enything on the forum they dont like thow. They will flag u, tell u they flag u, corse a fite and drama then play the victem for simpathey so u get more flags. Probebly get harased evry where u go on the forum now to.

3 Likes

Quite literally.

Load up the outland map in an editor and you will see both Quel’Thalas and Azuremyst stuck to some pillars right of outland.

1 Like

There is no freedom of speech on the forums and there are rules to be followed

Sexual Orientation

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Insultingly refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
  • Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

I have experinced both with in game mails about my sexuality and on forums so please do not speak down to me about rules when i can not express myself without getting hate on forums and ingame because some people are narrowminded and can not deal with a woman being openly pan sexual and loving all genders .

Yet according to you i should just sit there and take the abuse ? and just look at it as “freedom of speech” no is not going to happen .

So take your bully boy tactics else were because you do not scare me in the slightest .

6 Likes

Exactly, but that has to work both ways. If someone expresses an unpopular or unpleasant view, they are not allowed to scream about being ‘Cancelled’ when people go “Oh just shut up you fool”

Let me invite you to the concept of how Freedom of Speech works, and always has. You (The generic you, not you personally) have the right as a private individual to say absolutely anything you want. Absolutely anything. Until Behavioural control chips are a thing, that has been an inalienable right since the dawn of mankind.

However.

You do not have the right to refuse to be held accountable for what you say, because that is moral cowardice, Now we are lucky, if we say something on the Internet, the worst that will happen is a ban. We have exercised our freedom of speech, and other people have exercised their right for that to have consequences. This also has always been a thing since recorded human history began.

Do you understand that basic concept?

So I think what you are saying there is that people should be allowed to be unpleasant without consequences for being unpleasant? Oh man, you’re lucky you live in the modern age, where the consequences are so minor for doing so.

Why do people who use ‘Freedom of Speech’ as an excuse often have absolutely no understanding as to how it works?

4 Likes

Soul is back yaw’ll!!!

Imgur

3 Likes

Good to have you back :smiley:
Absolutely I love pineapple on pizza. Lately my go to is minced meat, mushrooms, carbonara sauce and pineapple. Best pizza ever :yum:

1 Like

Nay, that ruins a Pizza. A Good Pizza in my eyes is the Pizza bread, Barbeque sauce on the base, none of this cheese business, I can’t be doing with that, I don’t like cheese, I don’t trust it’s motives, and then on top as much beef, and pepperami, and chicken and any other meat as you can fit on it.

Proper meat tart. Absolutely divine…

1 Like

Welcome back!
And Pinaple??? It can’t be compared to the caramelized bananas on a pizza
:fox_face::dagger:

Once again it seems the usual suspects apparently have no idea what freedom of speech means and when and where it is used.

The term “freedom of Speech” as most people refer to it in itself refers to the First Amendment of the US Constitution.

It is as follows.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

You can break that down into its relevant sections thus.

1. Government can NOT stop you from making up any religion you like.
  2. Government can NOT stop you worshipping said religion. Government cannot CHANGE or LIMIT your freedom of speech in regards to your religion.
  3. Government can NOT do the same to the Free Press (State controlled press are obviously exempt)
  4. Government can NOT stop the right of people to PEACEFULLY (remember that, it’s important) assemble.
  5. Government can NOT stop its citizens the right to complain.

Now this where it gets complicated for some people.

Freedom of speech ONLY counts when it comes to Government buildings and representatives.
However. it does NOT give you the right nor the ability to be deliberately antagonistic and offensive. Freedom of Speech will always be overruled by the rule of Law set down by Constitution/s and any/or amendments that have been accepted by the Houses of Congress and Senate and enshrined in law by vote of the President.

(This is US routine, it will undoubtedly be the same in any democracy)

Now. When you are using any form of privately owned (ie, not owned by the Government), the Freedom of Speech laws are discounted. When you are on a PRIVATELY owned form of speech, be it television, radio, print or social media, any and all users are bound by the terms and conditions clearly state before use and subject to your acceptance of said terms and conditions you are subject to the medium’s owners rules. Government may NOT force any company to more or less be Government puppets.

(As much as certain posters in this thread and others would like to believe that’s what happens so it validates their bigotry and ignorance)

Ergo if you conduct yourself in a manner the OWNER feels breaks the rules the OWNER has set down, and you, the USER, agreed to abide by these rules when you signed up, the OWNER is legally entitled to either.

1. Limit your ability to use the medium.
  2. Temporarily suspend your ability to use medium
  3. Terminate your ability to use medium.

You have LIMITED freedom of Speech when it comes to privately formed media.
This is true regardless of what form of media you use, as long as it is NOT state owned.

if you feel that Blizzard is breaking the law in this then you are also entitled to start legal proceedings to contest it.

And most. MOST important of all.

The vast majority of people who will immediately grasp for the “Freedom of Speech” card, are usually the loudest ones to complain when someone says or posts something they don’t like…

“I should be able to call you what I like!”

“If that helps you sleep at night go for it. Can I do the same with you though?”

“What do you mean”

“Well you screamed and shouted and used derogatory and rude things to me on the forums. I happen to know where you live. I’ll be round your house at around… ooo 10? 11? When everyone is there? So I can knock on your door, you open it, and I subject you and everyone there to the most terrible abusive language I can muster, deliberately offensive of course… and you have to stand there and let me finish with no consequence at all. Agreed?”

“Well no because if you say something about my wife or kids I’m gonna smash your face in!”

“Ahh so you DO understand CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS then!”

“huh…?”

"Now you will understand why you were

A. Flagged by the community
B. Suspended by blizzard.
C. Banned by Blizzard."

“But my freedom of spe…”

“Sigh… you learned nothing…”

8 Likes

“But freedom of speech means I can say anything I want to anyone at any time without consequences. if they disagree with me or say they didn’t like it it’s censorship!!111!”

5 Likes

Homophobia is an anti-free speech stance to take, so if you wish to engage in free speech, maybe drop your antithetical tactics first, because allowing those is basically what opens the avenues for it to bite back at you.

3 Likes

Deleted my original reply post as i misread your reply. Apologies.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bless you Soul for thinking the morons who run around “muh free speech” with their first-grader conception of libertarianism have actually the time or the inclination to actually read in-detail the values they porport to “defend to the death” (though funnily enough only ever when it’s about their right to be jerkmuffins, and never anyone else’s rights to challenge that :thinking: )

But yes IT IS ABSOLUTELY only about free speech, of course. They are just super busy when LGBT people or other minorities are trying to campaign regarding free speech as well. “They can fight their own fights” but let me tell you, someone needs to take a stand for the right of people to call brown people names (and fear no consequence) or to use risque jokes about gay people “as a joke” because these are the most noble values of liberalism after all! Who else is going to fight on behalf of these long-propogated stereotypical views that have historically had media machines behind them?

And this is where the Gamer Hero steps in, cape flapping. The patsy in it all and unwitting Useful Idiot.

Exactly, it’s also always people like homophobes or similliar that tends to complain about it in these kind of discussions or topics too.

No worries, I didn’t even have time to see it :smiley:

1 Like

Its quite possibly the biggest oxymoron you will see on these forums.

Oxymorons in their proper usage do illustrate the paradox as the writer intends you to see it but most homophobes who scream about freedom blah blah blah are genuinely utterly ignorant of what they are typing in the vain hope that typing reprehensible things to what they think are lesser beings due to their private lives will somehow “bring them back to the proper way”

Whatever that is.

If only because homophobia at it’s core has one of those cankers known as oppressing their target’s freedom of speech and freedom to be who they want to be.

4 Likes

This is a very well written and informative post for people who want to know more about the US constitution.

However this is not the united states and Blizzard’s community services in Europe are hosted in France and Ireland, not the US. These countries are within the jurisdiction of the European Union - so these forums are actually ruled by French, Irish, and EU law, not US law, and as a result the US constitution and section 230 are both completely irrelevant to this discussion.

That said - it incidentally doesn’t change anything. Blizzard are still well within their rights to ban you under EU law as well. The area where we’ve really got something that the US players do not is mainly within privacy, but Blizzard aren’t exactly known for their snooping in our personal lives, nor is it trying to work as a public square.

PS: Being homophobic is not being against freedom of speech - it’s just disapproval of someone else’s speech. It is only once you start making laws based on homophobia that obviously changes.

PPS: Several European countries do have censorship laws on the books. For instance, in Germany, there’s a certain sign you can’t print in media unless you wish to educate. All media gets checked and, if necessary, censored.

PPPS: We’ve seen in recent months that neither the US or the Danish (where I live) constitution has much effect on whatever insanity the government wants to commit. In Denmark it is now illegal to assemble more than 5 people for any reason, and police will stop you by force if you try. That is completely and totally illegal, but nobody does anything. Our government is being sued left, right, and center, but justice moves SO SLOWLY that nothing is really happening.

I know the Constitution part I quoted was US law. That is why I also posted this

I’m pretty sure GB, Irish and EU law pretty much covers the same criteria.

In fact they are more severe in some cases.

And sadly Freedom of Speech only became a thing when it was mainstreamed during the reagan years.

Ask anyone in your local area what freedom of speech means and pretty much everyone will quote US freedom of speech laws at you.

Better not mention EU law though… Even I’m up to date with how much Britain loves the EU and its… laws… I could go on a long winded diatribe on that particularly hilarious pile of jingoistic Rule Britannia garbage.