Gcd is the biggest problem of bfa

Please revert the gcd changes. Its the number 1 problem classes have right now. Was looking at an old vod of mine and it was so much faster than currently. Playing an assassination rogue is literally the most boring thing you can imagine.

41 Likes

Depends on the class. Assassin rogue does feel really slow tbh. My DH can hit 3000 haste fairly often. My fingers are literally in pain from spamming skills, and tabbing targets at the end of a m+ run lol.

The GCD is fine in my opinion. It’s alot faster then FF14, ESO, classic wow etc. Some classes are very fast and spammy, some are slower. Which goes with the class fantasy too. Some classes should be faster too.

3 Likes

Do you mean it’s not fun having to press 6 globals for your burst?

10 Likes

It doesn’t even feel like burst because of all the globals.

It’s just doing more damage now. All the GCD additions were pointless and just made the game feel worse.

3 Likes

As BFA is progressing and the amounts of Haste will be increasing as item level increases everything is gonna get back to what you used to.

Now if they revert changes and BFA gear progress and we acquire that haste, we going to be in a constant bloodlust… No, just be patient and all is going to be perfect soon

This has to be worst for-GCD argument.

The gameplay is slow and disconnected across the board, telling someone that getting the best ilvl gear WITH haste IN THE FUTURE will fix it isn’t going to do anything. The GCD changes were simply hands down the worst “improvement” they’ve made in 14 years.

And all the specs that don’t want Haste? Too bad for them I guess.

Or just reduce the haste weights in gear if it would even have an effect.

4 Likes

as bad as that would be…i’d prefer it over the current game play style of hurry up and wait.

The game is borderline boring at the moment, the gcd change which to some extent has already been changed since the start of bfa, and the haste reduction makes playing the game super boring to the point i’ve fallen asleep playing it or having to simply stop to wake myself up some more.

they need to find a balance it’s simply not fun.

1 Like

GCD is good change - I like it.

5 Likes

Exactly, It was very good change. Now you will need to think about spell order instead of making one-button-burst-macros like people used to.

Biggest problem? Hell no, one of the biggest improvement.

8 Likes

I don’t even do pvp or pve but GCD should stay. And i don’t know if interrupts, especially melee interrupts are on GCD or not, but if they aren’t, they should be on GCD as well.

I thought they broke the ability to make a one button burst macro a while ago?

Welcome to Enhancement-Shaman world. Now you know how WE feel for last 6 expansions. Thank you for understanding.

@title: No, not even close.

There’s WAY bigger issues than that.
It’s only an issue for a few specs. So in the grand scheme of things; not very important.

No they didn’t. As Prot Pala I was doing Mage Tower with 5-6 spells in one macro.

#showtooltip Avenger's Shield
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Avenger's Shield
/cast Seraphim
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Hand of the Protector

It wasn’t optimal but hell it was easy.

Unoptimal doesn’t even come close to that! That’s an absolutely terrible macro lmao.

I see why this is an issue for you if you’re using such macros, just awful. At least you can’t shoot yourself in the leg anymore I guess.

4 Likes

Yeah sure buddy, keep telling that to yourself.

1 Like

I don’t have to I can spell it out just for you.

Having Tank dps cooldowns on a ranged ability is terrible for the tank mage tower because you weren’t always in the range of the boss because of the health reducing aura or avoiding the infernals, so you’re shooting Avenger’s Shield at the adds at range and pop all your coolies when you’re not even in melee, wasting your cooldowns.

Or you’re holding off Avenger’s Shield because you’re not in melee range which is terrible.

And you’re spamming Hand of the Protector at random with Avenger’s Shield so you can’t heal yourself when you actually need to, again just absolutely terrible.

An absolutely terrible macro for any purpose, any sensible player would see that. You got through the mage tower by sheer luck using an awful macro.

Don’t blame GCD’s are an issue because of macros if you’re terrible using them.

6 Likes

You don’t have to spell me anything, I made 36 mage towers for all specs. Im pretty sure i know this game more than you do. Also I am author of MaxDps addon.

#showtooltip Avenger’s Shield
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Avenger’s Shield
/cast Seraphim
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Hand of the Protector

What even is this? Is this ironic or were you actually playing with your feet during legion?

4 Likes

Macro that used to work when most of these were off the GCD. As I said its not optimal but did work.