Gcd is the biggest problem of bfa

MaxDps is terrible, are you just trolling at this point?

3 Likes

Not optimal is very mildly put to say the very least. I believe the word youā€™re looking for is useless here. If anything the only macro you needed was trinket + wings, something that you do now as well. Also use 13/14? on use trinkets shared a 30 sec cd between eachother :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And after I thought about the next 3 spells, I still have to wait 1 second after each one.

2 Likes

You are completely missing the point. Paladin is like my 10th favorite alt (not favorite at all) so I just couldnā€™t care less about learning how to play it. I just slapped this macro and slapped mage tower with it.

Which shouldnā€™t even be possible, thus gcd changes made sure of that. Which is why its improvement.

Except that itā€™s not an improvement and thatā€™s an actual horrible macro. I think the other reply put it very nicely, at least gcd prevents you from shooting yourself in the foot now.

Again missed the point. There were a lot of one button macros for 2+ spells back in the day. Now its not really possible which is good.

Like what? Warrior battlecry bloodbath avatar + 1 trinket or SUB rogue shadow dance symbols shadowstrike (which is still possible) and holy pala healer cds? Everything else that got put on gcd sure you couldā€™ve done it but it sure was useless to put in a macro and a waste almost always.

In general, I would agree but it canā€™t be a blanket reversal over all abilities. Defensives should be off the GCD. Offensives should remain on the GCD in regards to each other, but should have a smaller limit or no GCD when uses with an attack.

The problem was macro-stacking offensive cooldowns for one massive burst, but that shouldnā€™t have ruined things for Defensives or one-off Offensives.

In competitive play this GCD thing is terrible.

Hey, I look, I am big, on fire, there is an infernal running around.

Now I start casting my chaos bolt, please, remain in your seat until the aircraft has fully stopped and the seatbelt sign is switched off.

2 Likes

You see, this idea makes sense, so we canā€™t expect it from blizz.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand people who want to keep gcd.
If you want to wait 1sec between every buff youā€™d be free to do so even if they were to take the gcd off. So go on, keep waiting, enjoy your slack gameplay and let us have our fluid one back ?

4 Likes

Because it gives more problems and solves none.

Name 1 problem outside of pvp that is already being balanced separately. What exactly does gcd solve for a spell like icy veins?

1 Like

In which way ? Care to expand ?

1 Like

How can Blizzard not allow poor frost mages be able to throw their 270K Glacial Spikes and activate Icy Veins within the same second? Oh the humanity.

Or letā€™s go back to 8.0 where retri palas could kill someone within 3 GCDs.

Iā€™d be up for freeing some GCDs for the speccs that need it though, like Frost DK and Arms warrior.

Man sometimes I hope replies like yours are satire :slight_smile:

How can Blizzard not allow poor frost mages be able to throw their 270K Glacial Spikes and activate Icy Veins within the same second? Oh the humanity.

You donā€™t use glacial with icy veins nor does it hit remotely close to 270k in either pvp or pve but ok. Either way, name one drawback to allowing both being clicked at the same time in pve.

Or letā€™s go back to 8.0 where retri palas could kill someone wit

Donā€™t see how gcd is a problem here because 8.0 introduced the gcd change and itā€™s still possible in pvp. Care to give 1 example for pve how wings and TV is a problem though?

Iā€™d be up for freeing some GCDs for the speccs that need it though, like Frost DK and Arms warrior.

Both specs are in the same boat as every single dps class in the game. In fact arms is better than others unless you take avatar which is very situational.

Yo fun fact, dps numbers can always be tweaked, while gcd is either there or it isnā€™t.

Yo, fun fact. The GCD is part of the tweaking.

Thatā€™s why every other skills had it before hand. They just added a number of cooldowns into it.

And they have used removing cooldowns from the GCD as buffs. And then 8.1 protection warrior happened thanks to it. So judging from that, removing something from the GCD right now is way more volatile than number tweaking.

How so? Each ability can be directly tweaked individually when it comes to damage, be it either base or %scaling with x stat. GCD is just a scuffed bandaid fix. Warriors are currently the most viable tank because of IP gcd ye, but their dps and burst has always been this big, the IP just gives them the survivability while being able to do the exact same damage.

No, it doesnā€™t. Thatā€™s not how being part of the GDC works. And they donā€™t do ā€œthe exact same damageā€.

Every IP that was on the GCD is now a thunderclap when in avatar or a shield slam or a devastate.

Removing IP from the GCD was actually a DPS increase, because every IP of the rotation turns to an actual skill use.

Damn itā€™s almost as if removing a defensive from the gcd allows you to input a damage ability in that window, who wouldā€™ve guessed? Outside of that their dps/burst functions the same way.

Now roll back to the previous comment, how would removing gcd from abilities like icy veins (mageā€™s first glacial doesnā€™t happen when you pop it gcd or not) or wings (especially for crusade where you have to ramp it up) be a bad thing in pve?