GDKP Free servers

I think that GDKP raids and events are really killing the essence of the game.
Also, they open a door for gold selling and paid boosters.
Can’t blizzard create some GDKP-free servers?

5 Likes

Players tried to create a “GDKP-free” server on Thekal by falsely mass reporting any GDKP advert in the global channels. Thekal is now deservedly in the process of dying out. Good riddence.

7 Likes

go play on any dead server. That is where all the anti gdkp players are.

2 Likes

I imagine it’ll happen in time just like how multi-boxing was allowed for the longest time, eventually they got around to banning that. But also Classic is shrinking in popularity (since 2019) and it’s only a problem there so maybe they don’t really care.

Then don’t join GDKP-runs? Their existance doesn’t influence you in any way, shape or form (don’t start with auction house prices, those are way cheaper than back in retail wotlk).

Just buy gold and roll with it.

Can’t beat 'em, join 'em!

1 Like

Just report them for advertising when they post about GDKP outside of the Trade channel and when you se them in the LFG tool.

1 Like

Was not falsely tho. Posting about it outside of Trade is against the rules.

The ppl hosting gdkp on thekal get blacklisted on the discord. The community running thekal discord are a bunch of pc dad gamers who caters to the worst players of the server. And if you talk about server declining they either kick you or remove your posts. It was the same ppl that asked blizzard to not open thekal for transfers after 90 days.

1 Like

Prob to try and stop ppl from moving. Once ppl start talking about it it becomes a rush to not get stuck etc. Same thing happened on Alliance Gehennas in 2021.

That I get but when fresh players come and ask about the health of the server you shouldnt lie to them, they are about to invest hours/days into a server where they might not be able to raid in.

That is true. That is just bad manners.

On mirage raceway horde side we don’t have any GDKP.

So just transfer over

2 Likes

Dunno about now cuz I quit but when I was still playing me ans group of few others were mass reporting all gdkp groups in chats on Thekal and Earthshaker.

And yes Thekal died but not cause of not gdkp but because blizz didnt open servers fast enough after locking it down so all the players that started there and had friends on other servers had to transfer out.

I still can’t grasp HOW gdkps ruin someone’s fun.

I play on thekal, the community is dog. Litterally when they sent jindo players back to thekal, thekal players told them to gtfo, they also advocated for blizzard to not open transfers after 90 days to not ruin their ”fresh exp”, bet all of them are playing path of exile now.

It makes you feel dirty just the fact that blizzard lets something like this even be a thing.

thousands of people doing 3rd party gold buying without punishment.

150k+ is not “normal” for people to have or to spend in wotlk.

The concept is just wrong.

It ruins your fun when you realise so many people are cheating and abusing without any punishments.

7 Likes

Most people don’t enjoy playing with swarms of bots, that’s how.

3 Likes

try private servers

Literally this. You are not forced to join these runs nor should they bother you to an extend of abusing a report system. They killed their server by doing so and I would be lying if I said I would be sad about it.

You can choose to join them and you can choose to simply not and make your own runs. Thekal has chosen to kill their own server with stupidity. Taking away player freedom.