Gear difference between Duelist and Rival too big

So yeah, played some games around 1.8k and 1.9k and as soon as there’s somebody in duelist gear our chances become very low, and if they both are - it’s just impossible to win. Even if we outplay them - they just won’t die. I can stun and burst any of them as much as I can but they stay alive, while destroying us with normal dps rotations before even doing bursts.
This gear wall is the worst and actually starts at 1.9k, so somehow we need to push 200cr through seriously overgeared ppl.
Another problem is that while gear walls at 1400, 1600 and 1800 could be outplayed by skill, duelist wall can’t because, well, they are duelist-skilled? (just curious - could some team of glads (or higher) in rival gear win vs team of duelists in duelist gear?)
So is it even possible as DH + healer? Anyone managed to do it without buying boosts and without getting carried by duelist-geared duelist ? Yes I understand there are classes that don’t need gear that much but DH surely does.
So what should we do?

1 Like

That is how I got all my characters played after the season had started to 2.1+ for the gear. And most people did the same. You not being able to is you not being good enough.

An attitude oriented towards learning and self criticism instead of constant whining would be a start !

11 Likes

Did you encounter duelist-geared ppl (often both of them) all the way from 1900 to 2100?
Because that’s what happens now.

Yeah it’s totally my bad that my character doesn’t do same dps as somebody 15 ilvls higher. I’m not rogue that just oneshots without any gear, you know.

Of course. Several reasons for that. Many people get their best rating on a winning streak and have their average level a bit lower. So, some get 2.1, get gear upgrades and fall back a bit. Another reason is that others just go back to playing with friends and end up in that bracket. And lastly as you close in to 2.1 your MMR goes beyond it, sometimes well beyond it if you win a lot so you face people on 2.2, 2.25 rating who are obviously fully geared.

I guess if you lost a lot like you you wont get uo that high as you will have a hard time maintaining at 2.1 in the first place so that last reason won’t be as intense but still, around 2.1 people often have had access to the upgrades anyway, even if your MMR doesn’t spike higher.

You have huge gameplay and knowledge issues that if fixed would see your rating skyrocket. Also it’s a 7 ilvl difference iirc. Important, but nowhere near 15. You need to stop with random numbers, makes you sound stupid.

I did that on a lot more classes though. And so did many other people. Those who can’t are usual kept down by how they play rather than purely by the gear. Or a bit of both. Certainly not only the gear.

2 Likes

Why does 2.1k even matter? Duelist-geared ppl start at 1.9k.

Didn’t duelists get it ‘fixed’ aswell? Yeah there can be some boosted plants but majority feel very skilled so far. So gear advantage seals the deal.

Only on meta classes though. DH is barely in meta even as NF pony.

We had many games when we landed perfect cc and stuff but they just won’t die (unlike us after).

No because duelist = original glad
glad = elite

1.9 is duelist and 2.1 is glad because combatant player don’t exist anymore

Because that’s where you get the gear in the first place ??? Hello ?

More than you otherwise they wouldn’t be duelist. Just like your rating oscillates between 1600 and 1950 theirs can oscillate between 1900 and 2150, but because they were once at least above 2.1 they have more gear, just like yo got the 1.8 gear yet manage to fall below, thus appearing like what you describe as a “booster” to people without 1.8 gear. It’s the same thing.

Honestly you seem rather unskilled and unwilling to listen, preventing you from becoming better, so I’m not surprised people playing slightly better appear very skilled to you. The worst you are the better the others appear I guess.

Uh … yeah sure ok.

The last time you showed a video where you claimed you played oerfect there were three gross mistakes within the first 20s and you couldn’t even accept it, when it would have made you learn, so don’t be surprised if you still have issues.

That’s very stupid. 2.1 gives the duelist title and gear, 2.1 is duelist, period. It isn’t because you reached duelist in the past that you necessarily are up to it at the moment. Such ego… Basic game knowledge such as not using disarm vs arms out of warbreaker, not erasing stealth empowered garrote 3s later with para etc would go a long way into allowing you to maybe get back there.

1 Like

I’m always disarming warbreaker nowadays,
i was 2.1 in bfa without knowing anything now its only pros that are playing

if there is anything hindering me then it is just might be the trinket setbonus nothing else

So they are somewhat equally skilled? Well, how can one push then? :thinking:

Usually it’s between 1850 and 1950, today was rare exception and it went down to 1750 (recovered 1.9k later tho). Either bad healers or maybe today was glad alt day or whatever.

Fun fact is that we kept meeting 57k hp people even at 1750 (not sure if duelist gear or pve gear). But at least they were bad so as soon as I got better healer we got back to 1.9k.
It feels like those boosted duelists keep being pushed down from above, in turn pushing others lower too and filling all brackets with duelist gear.

There’s quite of bunch of them ‘oscillating’ at 1900 24/7. It’s almost as if barely any rival-geared people remain there.

I am becoming better, but CR won’t reflect it because of many other factors influencing it. Until I get some mad skillz and manage to drill 200 crs through duelists (unlikely in this season).

I that we are the 2.1 skilllevel and 2.1 is glad level, the cr is just deflated because of less player then usually

Or deflated?

deflated*
10chars

How do you explain the fact that the first 3 current arena topics are made by you ?

1 Like

Dunno about that, yesterday i made 1800 with my buddie.

We beat fuelist and gladiators last 2 games.

Its not high rating but still, im 32 and barely have time to play so im proud.

I dont think gear wall is an issue; comp+mindset+tactics and some luck are more need it:)

I”m actualy happy when i meet mage/rogue and that net it me 120 cr alone:)

Hate shammy warrior tough

So i dont think 259 from 252 makes a huge difference like u say!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Theres a bigger chance the world would unite against climate change, tbh.

2 Likes

or… you? If you dont even raise that topic you will never improve. And i guess thats what we are seeing clearly here.

I’m the same as you! I managed to get 1.8 on my priest and was chuffed to bits seeing as I only play an hour or so every other day.

Not even attempting to go higher cause I know I’ll just ruin it :rofl:

1 Like

I”ll just try and find a php or jungle to raise 3v3.

Only played random, want to try 3v3 also, 2v2 is way frustrating anyway:)

Congratz btw!

1 Like

I got my first duelist this season without boosts or anything like that, and my advice is to just keep grinding and hope for favorable match ups. It will be hard to beat a team with 2 duelist geared players but 1 is definitely doable. Also you’ll face a lot of counter comps to your comp but you just need to take those losses on the chin sometimes.

Another bit of advise your partner is most likely from lfg which is like a lucky dip, so I advise to not stick around for too long if you notice a lot of mistakes from them as anything above 2k is decided through fine margins.

1 Like

9.1.5 we get rival 2 gear at 1950. so its then 255 pvpilvl and a difference of 4 ilvl instead of 7.