Gear ruins PVP

I really think that the whole gear thing should be only for pve. I mean look at tournaments everyone have the exact same max ilvl gear.
It should be the same for pvp on retail. In fact, i think there should only be honor gear and thats it. No insane ilvl pve gear no conquest gear. Just wins based on pur skill.

20 Likes

Well they know we want that. I guess they also know we dont want that like they always do I guess?!?

1 Like

gear should matter its an rpg game boys want no gear go moba or arena brawl games but the gear should be equal and not pve gear beats pvp gear in pvp

3 Likes

I’d like character progression in my RPG. Bring back reliable pvp vendors with pvp stats which are greater than pve gear stats and problem should fix itself.

9 Likes

Exactly.
I dont understand the absence of PvP vendors either.
I know they did it on purpose and I suppose it would be foolish to consider out of arbitrariness. But if no one can grasp the good this change did, then I think they might have been wrong and I really liked the PvP vendor system back in the days.

3 Likes

They removed it cause the casual players were incapable of making optimal purchases from the vendors + I suppose the other issue was that if you were a High rated pvper, you geared up faster. Which sounds fair if you ask me.

5 Likes

That’s almost the system we had in Legion, only dumbed down. It also meant you had zero influence of what stats you wanted. You saved the highest ilvl item, even if it was some utter trash.
It was all thought out for us since we are too dumb to make descension and theorycraft and all that. I don’t know about you, but I like thinking. It’s fun.

WoD had one of the best systems so far. Ensured pvp gear was best for pvp, and vice versa for pve. Gave us our rpg progression and at the same time anyone that put some time into their character would be on the same level as everyone else after a while, no matter what rating we played on.

2 Likes

there was different system in legion, people then complained about they hate that gear barely make difference

*pve gear ruins pvp

Fixed

2 Likes

Do people really believe this utter and total illogical garbo as an explanation?
That must have been one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in the game industry from a game designer.
Like…imagine how many ppl would really do this? And they can’t have a system in place to exchange their items, like…once a month, if that was the problem? We have a system now that auto refunds you an item once every 15 days (or something) if you accidently sold it or DE it or things like that. And they changed the whole base of the gearing of the whole PvP just because of that?
You guys believe too much that these guys there do it out of some good will. No they are not, once…at the beginning maybe, those guys are gone from Blizzard now.
The only real purpose they did this change is the effing “loot box” mentality that every greedy developer/publisher has now. They wanted their version of “random loot boxes” in the game and that’s why they did it. I won’t be surprised if a monetization plan was (or is) in the workings somewhere down the path, for them drop boxes…
This way they can also tweak and twist your progression and the time behind it in an obscure way that can not be seen by the players, just by changing internally parameters for the random drops.
If they have vendors this is not possible, because everything is set and visible and planned (for the player) from the start.
Them greedy devs just wanted loot boxes for the peons and that’s why we ended up with this system.

1 Like

I’m starting to think that WoD system was the best.
Assuming you have vendor, PvP gear gets boosted to ilvl way above PvE gear while engaged in PvP and you can choose gear with stats you need.

2 Likes

none of the above is an issue.
you play better you gear faster is the base of an rpg. and if you don’t know what to buy with a tons of resources to learn, it’s kinda your fault.

They removed it to timegate pvp like everything else, period.

1 Like

You can still make ‘purchases’ that aren’t optimal. But before, you’d have to get honor and buy the decent gear to replace with bad item you purchased.

Now if you buy wrong Azerite item… what do you do? You won’t ever have chance to change it again.

And even if you’re smart and you buy correct azerite gear, they can simply ‘tune it’ to a point that different azerite gear is BIS and because of no vendor and for the cap choice you already selected something else, you’re screwed by blizzard.

So it’s still punishing people who buy wrong items. But it’s punishing them more now and it’s also punishing people who don’t buy wrong items.

1 Like

I agree with this.

1 Like

Arena now and then
WOTLK:
This guy is with PVE gear, attack him he has no resilience
BFA:
This guy have PVE gear avoid him he is tanky as fk

3 Likes

I wont be entirely opposed to gear having meaning in PvP but if that is to be the case it should be PvP specific great that matters completely separate from PvE gear.

I don’t like gear being factor but it also makes me play more. However we shouldn’t have players running in mythic gear with double HP of everyone.

If Blizzard wants gear they can have it but make it so only combatant/gladiator gear matters. If you’re Mythic raider who decided to qeue for BG once just for fun, go ahead, however you should have no advantage whatsoever against those who have gear from PvP, quite the opposite really.

They had that in Legion, it was called templates and it was the most boring thing ever imaginable in a RPG.

they should just bring back resilience and remove all of the scaling/template garbage.

resilience is just a 100 times better solution than anything else.

and they should obviously bring vendors back along with it but Blizzard isn’t known for pulling back to a system that worked in the past so I guess that won’t ever happen, they just make the game worse with every expansion.

just give me a pvp vendor and bring back resilience so that you can’t use pve gear without any downsides

thanks

People ruin PvP.

Remove people from PvP, and make the PvP system where we basically bet gold on two NPCs fighting with the exact same class and stats.

Make it also award gear if you’re correct 10 times in a row. Seems like a win-win.

resilience alone won‘t be enough. there wozld still be some bis items from pve (hello deathbringers will, shadowmourne, legendary dagger, …)
wod had the perfect system with the ilvl scaling, where even the pvp trinkets were bis in pvp with very few exceptions

1 Like