Gear System. Who thought of this?

Why i care? I play arena and was once a PvE’r but theres no reason to do raids for me anymore, if its not for the gear i see no point in it.

Also gonna correct your statements.
You get 1 piece of 385 every time warfront resets.
You have a chance of 385+ every time warfront resets by killing Ivus.
You have a 100% chance of getting a 370 from daily emissarry (sometimes gold war resources etc)

If the new raid tier is gonna drop 385 for normal mode its NOT going to be outdated, you’ll be equipped with full gear from the raid before it begins lol. going back to wrath as an example, there was no such system. When a new raid came out you had to grind higher gearscore gear and then you would enter the raid to get normal gear -> then hc and so on. So its basically removing weeks/months of content and also giving bad players the ability to have the gear that some players should work very hard for and be admired for doing so.

Darkshore one is every 3 weeks.

Small chance yes, it happens a lot more times that people don’t get anything from the kill.

That item level will mean nothing when the new raid comes for the people which are interested in real raiding.

Majority of the normal raiders I’m positive will not be decked in 385 il of gear before 22 January comes.

Not for the players which like to do raiding because of the new content and because of the progression, in the end of the day a lot more players care about the progression and the achievements they will get than about the gear alone which will be outdated when the next tier comes anyway. Also what people are interested for in the raids are mounts, titles etc. And most players which are interested in the real raiding care nowadays about the content above the normal mode.

Warfronts give to everyone the equal chance to get the gear, not just to the bad players.

Admiring for what, if you mean the look I don’t think how people do anymore as much as they used to before the transmog was a thing, If you mean by overall gear score and cool items yes they might still, but the high end raiders will get higher gear pieces than 385 il soon and even the new cool mounts.

In this expansion if you haven’t noticed things changed since Blizzard made possible to gear from different sources, so even the people which don’t like to raid ( be they hardcore or casual it doesn’t matter ) now have ways to get the good gear from other sources. Some even got to the overall gear score of the current mythic raiders by never stepping into Uldir, but instead by doing high mythic dungeons.

3 Likes

I think its quite nice to give everyone a chanse to clear uldir since everyone that was serious about it should already done it by now

The reasons why the raiding gear is not that much better than the catch up gear is obviously to prevent raiders to progress with outdated gear in the new raid

Gear is there for us to progress with not to point fingers and tell lesser geared players how much better you are at this game

1 Like

Because some people like getting gear through raids and mythics and other people like getting it through warfronts and emissaries. Nobody but the elitests care what anyone else is wearing and it’s impossible for any of those gearing the second way to join in the first without all those achievements and raider io anyway. So what’s your problem? That “casuals” don’t care you raid and get phat loot anymore? Diddums.

4 Likes

The problem isn’t that much the “catch-up” gear even though the post might point in that direction. What im argueing is that people couldn’t care less what items they get nowadays as it doesn’t matter. Back in the days you would be so freaking happy if you received an item because it was hard to obtain a piece of raid gear or elite gear. But now since everybody can get good gear by afking in orgrimmar and doing emisarrys or proc a fat titanforge on a mythic 2 the gear from raids / high end PvP has no value so its just a mehhhh new piece once you get one. Gear used to be hard to get which made it fun, to look at someone in org who stood flexin on the mailbox in his HC gear and then you would want to try to get it yourself. Since there is no difference between a m+ 10 item and a emisarry quest item this feeling is gone. And bad players will have very close to the same gear as a mythic raider / high end PvP’er. Im 2.3k arena and the items i get from arena are of the same quality as a complete 4 quests item. And it has been like that for a long time, how is that? it makes no sense. Its not just a catch-up mechanic thats the problem

Unranked pvp does not get anything. Rated pvp gives something but not as good as emissary quests and warfronts.
This is the main problem to be competetive in PvP you have to grind repeatable quests and island expeditions a lot. That issue outrages the whole pvp community and many people quit.
I am playing now WOLTK and MOP on private servers and Guild wars 2. Not going to play BFA anymore, cause devs showed middle finger to the whole PvP community.

i meant <1400 rated with that.
Even WoD had a better pvp sytem then legion and bfa had tbf

This guy is just out of touch with reality. Please stop posting for the sake of posting or just to increase your stuped post count.
LFR heroes shouldn’t be able to share their opinion on what is good or bad for the game. Just clear the content which is meant for you, aka LFR, go collect your toys/pets/whatever and stop spreading your opinion as a fact because it’s utterly wrong and I feel ashamed for you.

1 Like

Well i were kinda hoping that we whould see;

• Normal; 310, Hc: 325, Mythic: 340
  • Uldir LFR: 340, Normal; 355, Hc: 370, Mythic: 385
  • Warfronts; 340, “Quest”: 370
  • World Bosses: Upgraded to 370 across the board(Sorry Ivus).
  • Mythic+, +11: 375, +12; 380, +13; 390, +14; 395, +15; 400
  • New Raid; LFR; 370, Normal: 385, Hc: 400, Mythic: 415
  • Assualts; Removal of random gear pieces. Instead badges and buying certain pieces as catch ups. Sort of building on the same principle as the Ring already do. Expensive but with proper value.
  • Emissaries; Scaling up to 385.

This way all content whould still be relevant to some extent.

What we instead will see:
All ilvls increased across the board except in Uldir - Dead raid tier except mythic, but who want mythic uldir pieces anyways It’s not like EN in Legion were people farmed for example; Trinkets.

2 Likes

The catchup mechanic for undergeared players should not start before the new raid is out.
The best gear should always come from the hardest content. Allowing for it to be had through just participatory events is not only detrimental to the hard content (why would I bother doing hard things when I can do it the easy way?), but it’s also detrimental to the social aspect of the game.
Since you can solo that best gear just by participating in warfronts, why even bother joining a guild.
It used to be you needed to band together to get high end gear in WoW. Now it’s being handed to everyone just for logging in. It’s killing the core of what it is to be an MMORPG. I’m so sorry that some of you will never get to experience what it was like to work/grind/endure for your gear and the sense of accomplishment that went with it.

I think this has been increased lately since Mythic 0 will have 370 loot on the 22nd. So gearing up low players is a way to create a balance when the next season will hit.
You need to be proper geared to have 370 from emissaries. How to gear up to reach the cap? by doing Mythic + :slight_smile:
Next season Warfronts will drop Mythic 0 content gear, so no more overgearing.

All the people saying “but the season ends in two weeks” probably forgot that with new season there will come new ways to get free gear, there will be new WQs, new bosses, probably even new warfront …

the thing is however, the new raid is technically out.
Also keep in mind LFR/Mythic now give 370 gear.
So this could make uldir heroic relevant to an extend, so if i recall correctly…
Let me make a little list for those that want to have an oversight

#ilvl 370 gear

• mythic
  • Emissary
  • Uldir Hc
  • Incursion
  • Arathi warfront boss
  • Arathi cycle quest reward
  • crafted

#ilvl 385

• Dark shore initial quest
  • Dark shore world boss
  • New raid normal
  • Certain weekly events
  • crafted
  • mythic uldir

#ilvl 400

• Craft
  • Heroic raid
  • Certain weekly events (sometimes this is either heroic or normal

#ilvl 415

• mythic raid
  • craft (200 bwomsamdi ballz)

I only dinged 120 a week ago (yes I’m a noob). And 7 days later I’m sitting here with a 395 Hc warforged boots and another piece at 370. Am I grateful? Yes of course I am. But at the same time I understand frustrations from veteran players that I’ve got gear pieces equal to mythic Uldir when I haven’t even cleared G’huun Lfr. It definitely doesn’t feel right.

1 Like

Except that emissaries and Assualts still scale up to ilvl 400.

The Darkshore WF get it’s ilvl for repeated attempts bumped up to 370, with a 400 quest reward aswell as Ivus will be a boss dropping 400 ilvl pieces. These Ilvl’s were intended but got delayed due to ilvl restrictions in season 1.

Nothing will essencially change except the fact; Arathi Warfront will be useless since it will stillr eward 340/370 loot and G’huun will cry himself to sleep since noone wants to play with him.

2 Likes

for real?
oh damn, that ain’t good.

Unfortunately yes.
People who have 380~ gear gets these rewards on PTR. Ion also said so during a Q&A. On the bright side, Si:7 gear ain’t bad for my shadow spec. since i doubt my guild whould realisticly allow me to gear it in raids. :roll_eyes:

Any other groups of people, communities, races you think should be silenced?
Anyone who doesn’t live the bunker with you and your elite guards must be wrong I guess and should be eliminated? Or is it it just non-rogues that are the problem?

3 Likes

Normal mode is now not really a proper raid as such. The mechanics are nerfed almost to the level of LFR which is why it doesn’t even reward an achievement that can’t be got in LFR.

Anyone doing any level of serious raiding will be jumping straight into heroic which basically is the old Normal. I don’t actually know why normal mode is even in this game now other than to have a difficulty for people to think they are raiding to try and get them interested.

1 Like

If you actively do or even condone this, you shouldn’t even be playing WoW… you are a leech.

Quoted for reference to the approach, not as a source OF the approach.

1 Like