Gear System. Who thought of this?

AFK through warfront -> Get 385+ Loot
Do easy emisarries -> Get 370+ Loot
Kill Easy World Boss -> Chance for 385+ Loot

Mythic Raid, have a small chance for 385+ Loot
Reach Gladiator Arena, have a chance for 375+ Loot
Do Mythic 10, have a chance for 370+ Loot and 380+ weekly chest

How does this make any sense? Any ape with an iq of 10 will have the same gear as a Gladiator/Mythic Raider. This is a huge problem, there is no sense of accomplishment in the game and no one has something that everybody else cant get. (Apart from PvP titles)

43 Likes

But what are the casuals suppose to do? Do YOU actually want them to do intended content like everybody else to obtain high IL? NOT IN MY WOW!

5 Likes

Casuals are supposed to look at a guy with Mythic/Gladiator gear and think. Dammm boi, that guy i want to become and then get good lol. Giving away free gear makes no sense.

22 Likes

I have no time for raiding but I quite enjoy doing (mid-level) Keys with a guild group. The gear rewards are fair I feel but it’s just not worth it for the gear alone. As you stated, the easy WQs and WBosses drop amazing gear (which titanforges if you win the jackpot). It’s ridiculous. Not everyone needs ilvl 380 Blizz, good gear should be an indicator of what a character has done and their skill/dedication.

9 Likes

Because season 2 starts 23th of this month which gives raid tier 2 rewards
and raid/pvp/mythic+ still give season 1 rewards
LFR 370+
Normal 385+
Heroic 400+
Mythic 415+

Warfront gives 1x ilvl 385/370 per cycle which is once every cycle
Emissary randomly gives a 370 item
PVP i assume it starts just under normal for unranked and gets better the more rating you get.

5 Likes

Casuals should get casual wear.
Giving 385 loot for just participating in semi-afk content is ridiculous.
It also breaks the social aspect of the game. You don’t need to guild up anymore, just solo run warfronts every week, and eventually you’ll be geared as well as a hardcore raider.

10 Likes

Yeah, let’s just invalidate Uldir and all of that content because a new raid tier comes out. That way, there will be as little viable content as possible and everyone can get as bored as possible. It’s perfect!

Another problem with the “free” gear is that it’s all massively RNG based. AFK through a warfront? Sure, but you get any random level 385 piece. Emissaries? It’s a chest. World boss? Okay that one is actually a pretty big deal, but fine - it’s not that many pieces anyway.

The 380 weekly chest is also a completely random piece, so that’s silly as well.

I actually do want players to progress and get better gear. I want them to discover high end WoW. But, given that they get as good gear, get to see the same locales and play through the same story and content without putting in any effort whatsoever… what’s the incentive?

3 Likes

It’s not like all this stuff came at the end of the season…

1 Like

I couldn’t care less where the gear comes from or who gets it. Raiding is for the achievement of completing the content. If someone pays their sub and getting gear off a world boss keeps them happy then who cares.

Gear only lasts for a season and is then obsolete. In two weeks time everything we are wearing will be out of date.

10 Likes

did you want another month+ of 8.0?

Yeh and people wonder why Raider io is so popular, over geared baboons everywhere.

3 Likes

Before you had Raider io you had Wow Progress. Gear never equalled skill.

And pugging was never the way to push high content if you were serious about it.

Less than 1% of the player base are seriously trying to achieve Cutting Edge on Mythic. And it is the achievement that counts, not the gear. Do you really thing it would be a sound financial decision to just throw rubbish at the vast majority of casual players?

2 Likes

They are throwing trash except right now it takes no effort to pick it up.

it is rather silly idd. my dk alt that i barely play have gained two 390 items from face roll invasions. my main has worse items in those slots… thanks RNG.

4 Likes

I dont get how you can think this way. its a mmo, the game was always the most popular whenever things werent just rewarded to everyone and people acutually had to play the game in order to get good gear. Yes nowadays people raid for achievements and why do they do so? Because they dont get better gear lol, i think all raiders (I dont raid) could agree that they would like raiding more if it acutually rewarded gear worth your time.

6 Likes

Those of us who raid at whatever level are a minority in this game.

As for its popularity previously that was because it was new, now it isn’t new and the majority of players won’t tolerate paying money to be treated like second class citizens.

You either raid for the fun and enjoyment of the challenge or don’t raid. Forcing players to raid to get gear is no better than forcing raiders to quest or PvP to get gear.

And as I said, gear is only good for a few months anyway. In a couple of weeks time everything everyone is wearing will be considered rubbish.

9 Likes

So when you pay for a game like Darksouls, Diablo, Call of Duty, Gran Turismo, etc etc etc. Do you also expect to get full BiS gear when you buy Darksouls. Do you also expect to get BiS gear when purchasing diablo. Do you expect to be instantly granted max rank with all weapons unlocked in CoD. And do you expect to already have all cars unlockable in the game of Gran Turismo?

ontop of that. This is a mmo so theres something you have misunderstood.

1 Like

Well for a start go and google trainers for Darksouls and you get about 8m hits.

Most single player games are hackable so they aren’t comparable.

Only the online PvP element if they have one needs control over gear.

And where is it written in stone that gearing in an MMO needs to be solely from the high end raid content?

1 Like

So that would mean if you did Warfronts and World Bosses on every reset untill season two, you could already be in full normal gear when the raid comes out? Ohhh how niiiice man, that makes a lot of sense. Fk clearing normal then lets move straight to Heroic, clear that then clear mythic and wait 3 months more for next raid since we were already so geared we could just rush through the raid when it came out. Ingenious

I wrote about this exact same issue today, you may want to read my two cents as to why I personally think that free loot is bad.