Gearing in Eternity’s End

Players will harness the power of the First Ones by collecting a variety of new gear in Eternity’s End. Class armor sets are making their return in Eternity’s End, and this time, you’ll obtain them from three sources: bosses in the new Sepulcher of the First Ones raid, the Great Vault (via all activities – raiding, Mythic+, and PvP), and from the forthcoming Creation Catalyst. In Eternity’s End, you’ll also discover a new Runecarving power that lets you harness the effects of your covenant Runecarving power in conjunction with an existing Shadowlands legendary to slay your foes or heal your allies.

Progenitor Armor Set

The Progenitor armor set will grant your character new abilities based on your specialization, and includes a helm, shoulders, chest, gauntlets, and leggings with 2 set bonuses. The first set bonus is unlocked when two set pieces are equipped, and the second bonus is unlocked when four set pieces are equipped. Here are some examples:

• Hunter (Beast Mastery)
    • 2-piece – Your Kill Command critical strike chance is increased for each stack of Frenzy your pet has.
    • 4-piece – Kill Command critical hits increase the damage and cooldown reduction of your next Cobra Shot.
  • Paladin (Protection)
    • 2-piece – Casting Shield of the Righteous grants you a stacking increase to your Block chance.
    • 4-piece – Blocking an attack has a chance to cast Judgment at your attacker.
  • Druid (Restoration)
    • 2-piece – Swiftmend heals an additional amount for each periodic healing effect on the target.
    • 4-piece – Swiftmend heals nearby allies for a percentage of its healing done.

Legendaries

You’ll meet the Enlightened Brokers in Zereth Mortis and become allies with them to be able to obtain a new Legendary belt empowered with your covenant’s Runecarving Effect. The unique characteristic of this new Legendary belt is that your Runecarving Effect will switch freely alongside your character whenever swapping covenants. There’s no need to craft a new Legendary Belt for each covenant. The Legendary belt will match the look of your class’s Progenitor armor set and can be equipped alongside another Shadowlands Legendary in a different armor slot, giving you two powerful legendary effects to boost your power. If you’d like to craft the new covenant-swapping Runecarving Effect on a different armor slot, a new Runecarving Memory will let you do so.

• Note: In order to equip two legendary items, one must be either the Legendary belt or another armor slot imbued with the new Runecarving Memory.

All legendaries can now be upgraded with Cosmic Flux, a new currency inspired by lessons learned from Echoes of Ny’alotha in Battle for Azeroth. Cosmic Flux will be rewarded from a variety of activities in Shadowlands Season 3, such as defeating raid bosses, PvP, Mythic+, Torghast, Tower of the Damned, and World Quests.

Creation Catalyst

Once players fully uncover the secrets of the First Ones, the Creation Catalyst will become available. This will serve to help anyone who’s having bad luck on a particular armor slot, or to help alts quickly catch up later in the patch. The Creation Catalyst will use Cosmic Flux in combination with an appropriate non-set armor piece to create a Progenitor armor piece in that armor slot of the same item level. The armor you transform can be obtained from PvP, Mythic+, or other new Eternity’s End content.

For example: The Great Vault rewards an ilvl 265 non-set chest piece. Once the Creation Catalyst is unlocked and enough Cosmic Flux has been collected, this can be used to make an ilvl 265 Progenitor armor piece that activates the set bonus.

• Note: If you earn a non-set armor piece before the Creation Catalyst is unlocked, we recommend hanging on to it in case you want to convert it later.

We’ll see you in Zereth Mortis!

15 Likes

I dont know why but when I look at tier sets carefully for 4-5 seconds I can barely stop myself from laughing.

2 Likes

powerful” thats a very bold statement…since many of those “powerful” covenant legendaries are litsretal useless trash.

I hope some tuning will come alongside with it too.

2 Likes

This is very good! A player can choose the way how to upgrade legendary.
Hopefully this will be practice in the future also.

9 Likes

while i appreciate the more open and detailed post (more like this please)

i still have my concerns over this…

my main one is how common is ‘Cosmic Flux’ because if it is heavily time oriented i forsee that being a major likely hood that i will not even bother to play the game.

3 Likes

You released a store transmog ensemble that looks 100x better than this LMAO.

NO SHAME

7 Likes

I like them. They kind of look like a parody of bollywoods version of avengers.

3 Likes

Since when is Puny a white knight for Blizzard? I can’t think of a single case of her defending garbage systems or what is going in the company. Quite the contrary.

8 Likes

jito wins then. It’s decided by Clarence ladies and gentlemen.

Jito bought 3 actiblizz shares 5 years ago and he’s been defending them ever since.

2 Likes

naw dont be mean!

Annnnd those who do not PvP, M+ or raid get armour… how?

1 Like

The Creation Catalyst.

So if you obtain an item in Zenith Mortis, for example through a World Quest, then you can use the Creation Flux you’ve earned to convert the item into a Progenitor set piece.

Whether there’s a system like Artifact Research in Korthia that allows you to improve the item level of gear earned in the zone, that’s still to be revealed. But I would be surprised if there isn’t. Most zones have this, because it adds longevity to the solo experience.

So I expect you’ll earn gear by doing things in the zone, and then you’ll upgrade it with some currency as you’re used to doing. And then you can convert pieces into set items with Creation Flux.

But we’ll see.

2 Likes

I really hope so! I mean, I have a couple of characters who will go raiding and M+ but the majority of them are played solo/duo.

Isnt that the whole purpose of stores in games? Who would buy store items, if they look worse than the free stuff?

GL for playing RNGfiesta with vault if u are PvP or M+ player.

Sounds cool to me

So it’s not actually 2 legendary powers that we can mix and match?

Afaik it has never been. Seems like they will also not go for the covenant specific one but create a new one which will automatically swap depending on your active covenant, which is pretty cool.

So it will be a new set of 4 powers, not the ones introduced in 9.1?