Gearing up an ALT with PVP SUCKS

Blizzard really

try to gear up a new character through pvp, its the most awful gaming experience there is

try it yourselves and do something about it pls

22 Likes

Only thing they can do about is to reduce power creeep but that means removing difficulty levels which is something what most casuals would hate. There is nothin they can do about it as long as you will want keep game acessible.

1 Like

all the outcry just for this no scaling garbage system just made for saltiest people that just loves to bash low ilvl ppl in any pvp content lmao
until 9.1 , its unplayable and a big hellhole of a experience it is

3 Likes

That is how a MMORPG works time + skill = reward.

Obvious people who have time and skill deserve to win over a recent level 60.

If you want everyone to be on same state no matter the time they put on game a MOBA maybe be better option to play than a MMORPG

4 Likes

lol the difference is way to high, its like ur lvl 10 vs lvl 100

every mmo also devides zones in level brackets for a reason

5 Likes

If they made an honor to conquest conversion later in the season once the cap is high I think it would alleviate the issues I’ve encountered.

I’ve repeatedly hit a ceiling on gearing around ilvl 200 where I cant grind out conquest fast enough to replace 197 pieces without hitting honor cap several times. In addition to that grinding out the full conquest set takes ages, especially if you get duplicates from the vault.

Simply adding a way to convert some honor to conquest would really go a long way for me.

197 and 200 is the same thing. The diference is minimal on the stats :smiley:

1 Like

You can upgrade conquest items further, you realize that…right?

It sucks more in pve since you get less loot.

1 Like

I don’t know what game you guys play…for alt:

• starting gear from crafting
  • gear from convent, spend anima for upgrades.
  • chance for free item from world boss, if not anima for upgrade with convenant
  • spamming dungeon for renown upgrades
  • in this moment you can start doing weekly from pvp and upgrading honor gear
  • world quests
  • m0
  • m+

This not one week process and never been, even with benthic gear you had to farm pearls and it’s wasn’t instant “current patch” gear.

Never was easy gear up with only pvp, every expansion it was difficult. Easier way ( middle/end of patch) was having friends who boost in arena your conquest cap.

Yeah skill right ?
One shot convokes , paladins one shots in 0.5 sec
Double sub rogs , fire mage with combust on
And the damn gear disparity is too high
Bad troll attempt

2 Likes

The gap between ilvls is just way bigger then it should be.
Yes conq gear should be better but not this much better.
Why we ever dropped the wod gearing system i still dont get

7 Likes

Imo all currency should be acc wide so u can decide yourself what toon to give it to. As for honor, in the past you could buy tokens in Wintergrasp so sharing this with alts is nothing new, just silly they took those tokens out…

Problem is the powercreep present in this game. People still thinks saying 4 difficulties is too much means that we hate casuals or that no one is allowed to have any fun.

Either they will lower the ilvl gap between difficulties, but then you’re going to see entire guilds crying about doing LFR.

Just think, we go from a freshly dinged 60 having 20k hp… to a fully geared player having double the health

In one patch…

2 Likes

Idk what problem people have with convoke but each time I see someone cast it I just cc the cast on like 0.5 seconds, or los it, or shadowmelt to he lose target, or use my defensives.

And when I go to any bg on the moment I start to convoke as feral I get a interrupt after one or two spells casted, mostly by someone who is not the convoke target.

Paladin is same thing if you see him with the wings buff you just los and kite him until the buff is over else you will get 1 shoot.

Plus you are a warrior you can simple spell reflection most part of the convoke if I’m not mistaken on the case you have no range to interrupt it or don’t have interrupt.

Just learn how to counter the mechanic.

1 Like

If you have rating for it you can, and if you have rating means you earn conquest on arenas/rated bg who means you don’t need convert honor to conquert cause rated stuff gives you conquest.

Plus the system is suppose to be grindy cause again is a MMORPG not a MOBA.

I just laugh how people blame pvp vendor system when the system is abused right now. At the moment some item with BIS secondary stats for PVE only exist on PVP forcing people who hate PVP doing it.

Plus on mythic plus if you want level a item you need pay valor who is caped at 750 per new week. Imagine you need to conquest to level your items.

Its not my case.
Had a game with 5 boomkins and a ele sham in the other team in AB
In mere seconds entire team was annihilated to bits
Stop being druid shill its so cringe

That is cause your team ignored the kick on convoke :stuck_out_tongue:
Did your team really kicked any of the convokes?

1 Like

I’d like to rephrase the title as:
Gearing up an ALT sucks

1 Like

It sounds like you haven’t had much engagement with the system from your post, I’m unsure if that’s true or not.

I’m frequently honor cap’d on alts between 0-1.4cr with nothing to spend it on while grinding conquest pieces. Then hit another big time sink between 1.4 and 1.6 before maxing out all slots at 207. I don’t know if that is uncommon but it’s happened to me on 4 alts so far.

Eventually they’re fully geared and items get more expensive to upgrade so it evens out, but in the lower ilvls and rating the upgrade curve could be smoothed out once the season has worn on and there is a giant conquest cap.

Hope that explains it more in depth for you.