General Feedback Dragonflight

I personally would say wow atm is in the greatest shape it is since Years.

To My Person I Play wow Since I Think BC with on and off phases. I was a progress Raider a long time ago. And now i playing Semi casual on a Semi progress orientatet guild. Because i don’t like to beeing forced to play all day long. I do i none or less by myself. I would say I’m a above Average but Not World top player, I even managed to land in Top 100 Mythic rankings of my class in the last Raid.

But i wish the game would be better in some part see:

I Love the dragonriding Mechanik, but i would suggest that you could pick everywhere if you want to dragonride or classic ride. Just sometime the brainafk flying to somewhere has it’s own flavor and when you want to be somewhere quick the new Dragonriding.

I Love the M+ Conten but atm it is challeging on a completly new level, not for me but for every healer who is beeing tortured in neraly every m+

I Like Most of the Bosses of the raids so far except Sarkareth. Reason for that is I play Destro lock and this fight is absolutly anti caster designd. Die First Phase everyone Blinks bright red and small red swirrly’s everywhere. Second and Third Phase Everyone blinks purple, while purple swirrly’s raining on the purple ground…

Please just please rework your visual design.
I hate those swirrly’s deep from my heart, beacause they don’t have an outline!
why???
I get it you want people to feel if you are outside of an Area effekt or not.
But why not make them see it ? It would be how would i say it mhhh natural ?

Some Classes need a rework, some are getting it earlier, like pala’s, mage’s , (warlocks).
But what is with the classes that need’s a rework since the start ?
Like completly Hunter(boring and squischiest dd), Monk (can only do aoe dmg), Dk(unintuitive), Shaman (Yes we know you love the roulett build, but people not, other 2 specc are all over the place), Dudu (the overly complycatet Moonkin, the only aoe dealing cat, the o a magic effect dead tank), priest ( i Hope my only not healing specc is playable this season), Dh (is flying all over the place trying to deal a bit more damage) or the evoker ( pray to god he know’s that a tank hasn’t instant 5 mio faceaggro, or else perma aggro dragon because 400k dps the momment the tank see’s a group)

The Job system i would say is sometime’s a bit punishing. Just getting knowlege i startet in the first week and finished half way througth 10.1 it’s a very very grindy system. But every other side of the System is very rewarding and good =)

Balancing.
As a Softwaredev myself i just asking myself, was basic math only part of my education?
But that’s not really a complaint, but i could be waay better.

And i love the return to the class tree’s!

1 Like

Quite pretentious of you to imply that blizzard’s sw engineers are below you at math.
What would you expect? Some equations for each class to lead to a perfect 156678 dps exactly for each, in all conditions, at the same time?
In case you missed the silent memo, I will spell it out for you: each class/spec will dominate the dps meter of the season at some point in time. Sometimes will dominate single target, sometimes aoe, sometimes both. I understand now retri paladins and shadow priests are high. Also same story for tanks: in SL, at some point, evryone wanted a DH tank in their M+ group, then warriors, now I understand pallys are really good and in vogue.

You have 2 options:

• play the class you like as main and wait for your turn
  • change to the FOTM class based on PTR feedback.

I got this silent Memo you are talking about. And i already do both of those two Options you are talking about. But i don’t like them!
The Last time i Remeberd a Retri Paladin be relevant in a raid before 10.0.5 was I don’t know maybe in Woltk. I don’t want to play a class that is beeing forgot for several years nor do i want to switch chars every time the dev’s decide to favor a new specc.

And Yes I would say that! Because balancing in PvE is Simple Math! Multiplication, Dividing, Addition and Subtraction. Only these 4 Moves would be needed to reach your called exactly … dps. You can even inculde things like Margin of Error, Movement Penalty, Utility Penalty, etc.
Or even better you could recode Simecraft to not output a simulated dps but to balance the game. It would come closer to perfection like it is done now.

Math isn’t witchcraft! Math is reliable!

But don’t get me wrong overall i really like the game, but some part’s of it could be better.

In fact, there can even be functions implemented that detect if you fall below a certain damage range, resulting in hard-coded damage to be applied instead. Might get a bit laggy tho.

yes that could be done. But that would be really silly like you troll Answer =D

But imagine you could battle your dps in the whole group or raid and compare who is better and not who play’s the most favorable class.

That would lead to a fairer setup ingame, with less discrimination and maybe more helping. People who push themself and others more to the Top.
Not Like now Pressing your rota and checking afterward’s was i even good ?

I am disgusted by reading this seed of thinking, because it is the stage before sprouting elitism.

No thanks.

1 Like

okay so trying to improve yourself is a sign of Elitism ?
I don’t want to question your thougths but…

The raw sign of competition is doing that to you maybe we should talk to sport’s that they doing it wrong.

Or maybe you have something to say to the Things i have talked about and not like mhh that seem’s like … so i’m against it
Maybe then we could talk on the same level.

Dragonflight is the best expansion since Legion came out, but the biggest problem is M+. So much worse in DF and affixes need to go away so you can enjoy to play more M+.

1 Like

The highest dps on the fight are casters. Demo Warlocks being amongst them (you wont get around having to swap specs here and there as a pure DPS class)

The visuals for both the fire swirlies in P1 and the Void Swirlies in P2 have already been buffed significantly. Second Phase the only swirlies are the big ones that spawn on the melees.

Even AoE affects with an outline more often than not have a bigger hitbox than that. Focus less on min maxing and more on dodging.

The same can be achieved with Beacon pull. Or Arcane mages in ST.

1 Like

you are right demo locks are among the greatest dps for this boss. But i don’t have the class trinket to bring him above every other specc nor can i play him well. And i don’t have the feeling to lern him when he get’s a rework in 3 weeks.

Yes they are buffed and no they don’t rain on Meeles only they rain all over the raid. I know it because i have to play the bomb another reason why the boss is unfun.

Having an outline and beeing bigger is an even bigger issue don’t you think ? but yes less minmaxing and more dodging would be better. But i am playing warlock i can only move and ruin the damage for the next 20 sekonds or do ministep’s which aren’t often enougth or just soak it x.x

Yes and when an dd does that in th 20+ keys when i Tank, i will just ignore it and let them die!

But you have good points =)

0 innovations and recycled content every few months in a form of a new raid and m+ dungeon rotation.
They have no idea how to lure new players in. Yet degens are asking for useless stuff like player housing or balancing changes. :yawning_face:

Are you mean the Void Bombs. I mean those are Dark Purple. They were never an issue imo. At least they could be distinguished from the rest. The circles in P3 before the change were more of an issue or the fire swirlies in P1 while in a melee clump.

Yes. But its quite often the case. Rule #1: NEVER trust visible range.

Yes and no i have to play the void bombs when i can phase up again i have to run 40 yards while dodging all kind of purple … But the small swirrly’s are also in phase 2 giving 5 stack’s of the 10 needed one to switch phases. but as i’m told i may be a bit biasd because i have to play an extra mechanic on an turret specc on one of the movement heavyest fight in wow.

Yes it’s rule#1 but the rule is stupid. It’s not a miracle to code voids visuals on the same scale of the effekt.
And yes it could be avoided if you just move a bit more, but it would be better if you don’t need to. Especially if you play a class that is min max heavy

Nvm afteredit i’m stupid it’s in phase 3 only i was remembering it wrong x.x may be part of the trauma i have from this boss

It’s not about mathematics, but more about reference point. They can balance perfectly a Patchwerk style fight, but all numbers go to hell when the boss spawns adds. Then other factors come into play: if adds spawn every 2 minutes, they lineup with the CD of class X, but messes with class Y. It’s enough to have a combination of fights to favour a class and that one will become FOTM (usually 2-3 specs per season). They could lineup all classes in the end, but it means making them all flat, with same CD timings and identical effects and so on…

However I do agree with yoi about some classes turn feel loke never coming, while others seem to be favoured quite often. Then it’s no more math or complications, bit pure favouritism.

yes some factor’s have to be considert like you told there is no complete balance and will never be! because bosses have design’s too.
But when was the last time a feral dudu was really useful in a bossfight.
The FOTM dosen’t exist because bosses let them shine
They exist because They shine. The numbers are just higher than that of a feral(example)
And the anwser of the dev’s, when they even notice it:
we have a specc to be buffed just roll a random dice how much they will get buffed. Done

I also have to play the bombs during P3 (or well, 1 of them) so that I am one of the Black Hole targets given how it calculates on whom it goes. And I am a melee. I am even more punished since I have to enter the downstairs phase and have the bomb explode at a very specific fragment of the map since going downstairs and exploding the bomb leaves a oneshot puddle on mythic while also running out and immune the black hole afterwards as im intended to be the next target by hard forcing it to go on me or my partner.

Naturally my dps goes bye bye as a result.

No idea how annoying it is to code with the effect and the games range as far as the code is concerned. However I dont really lose sleep over it. I still try to figure out how close I can be for some min maxing but if its too wonky then I just dont bother after a couple attempts (depending on how much it hurts of course).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.