General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

https://twitter.com/darnashes/status/1044558454080311296
Well that's not disturbing or anything.....real shame Blizzard doesn't seem to translate similar skilfully done details into the game -_-
Cos the Horde burned down a tree due to Sylvie being a cartoon villain.

Hey, now. That's all in the past. Water under the bridge.
We have to look forwards, not backwards.

26/09/2018 09:07Posted by Marinya
My periodic detrimental laser focus on archaeology netted me the blue qiraji(?) battletank mount today. I think that's all the uldum treasures.

Ooh, that's cool!
Are you doing archaeology in the hopes of getting some achievements, or is that just your thing at the moment? xD

26/09/2018 10:13Posted by Elyssarain
Wish you the same!

Things are kind of cool! I'm approaching the end of my university education and I have a job lined up, promising moar dosh than before. So that's fun!
And for the first time in what feels like forever, I'm kind of interested in where the WoW story goes. I love Sylvanas as the moustache-twirling villain, and it's really helped me get back into regular roleplay. ^^

What's everyone's characters up to, IC'ly? o.o
So I was doing the new stage of Uldir in LFR. All was going swimmingly and suddenly I got disconnected right before Zul, Reborn: Return of the Zul, Zultastic Boogaloo. Now I can't log back on. Please send help.
27/09/2018 19:16Posted by Rorick
So I was doing the new stage of Uldir in LFR. All was going swimmingly and suddenly I got disconnected right before Zul, Reborn: Return of the Zul, Zultastic Boogaloo. Now I can't log back on. Please send help.

So it seems the logging in issues aren't only on my side. It started when I initiated my realm change. Sorry, people.

Ooh, that's cool!
Are you doing archaeology in the hopes of getting some achievements, or is that just your thing at the moment? xD

A little bit of all of those things. I want to unearth the special treasures to pad my toy and mount list, I want the achievements and I like the nuggets of lore attached to each treasure.

Things like the frostwolf ancestry scrimshaw gives insight into race culture appropriate for roleplaying after all.

Mari's in a melancholy state, mentally divorced from her surroundings as the extent of our latest tragedy unfurls. Ever reacting and coping, having become the Enemy hits her hard. I'm not sure where this leads.

My shaman is channeling Magni on a daily basis in the sense of urging people to action so as to save our dying world rather than quarreling over its ruins. She's also compensating for the fact that all of the power the elements have granted her seem entirely useless when it comes to actually mending things.

My mage found soulmates in the tortollans, both being absurdly long lived hoarders of stories and trinkets. They're outstanding company when duty isn't calling with excessive urgency.
I'm not sure where to place Rorick for BFA, honestly. Young as he is, and having grown up in Duskwood, he should be ready to take the fight to Syllvanas and the Forsaken but it feels a bit cheesy. Thankfully I'm a bit strapped for time right now so I haven't been able to lock him in RP wise, yet.
27/09/2018 18:06Posted by Ariyel

Mith'cha is just hanging around waiting for a job, and for the moment the tribe says "!@#$ it" and opts to end this ridiculous charade and gut Sylvanus for being... well her, before hunting down whatever fake 'Loa' put her up (that'll be the day, but a girl can dream. Or rather I can dream).

Yvaok is wandering Stormwind offering marriage advice. It's obviously going well.
Well glad to hear that there's people enjoying BfA. I'm kinda meh about it atm, after the initial buzz/glamour/novelty of the xpac.

Elyssa's back from Outland at the moment after concluding her affairs there and paying off a source for information. Back in Darkshore, picking off isolated patrols here and there and trying to save survivors from the Horde....or worse. She'll definitely be joining the Warfront to retake the zone when it comes round.

As much as I'd like to have Elyssa embrace the whole 'Night Warrior' IC thing, not sure if it'd work lorewise for obvious reasons.
People, say hello to the new Laurenn!

I've realm changed my PvE main so that I don't have to log between my two chars depending on whether I want to do the endgame stuff or RP. Guess I'll also post with that one from now on, no point to do that with the old Laurenn.

Mine's researching and studying the void magic, so that she can get a better understanding of it. Mostly in the daytime, she finds herself sat in Telogrus with a pile of notes and books.

Doling out justice to vile greenskins and undead monsters
Exiled to Vol'dun because apparently the Zandalari are not too fond of absolutely amazing enchantments being sold at discount prices.

(Probably more because Nenny won't shut up)
Well my night elves are probably out there on some field of strife taking every opportunity they can to punt orcs. Gibbles is also up there helping them and receiving sneers because warlock.

Sa-Matra is actively ignoring the war and occasionally showing up to deal with something old god or Azerite related (along with hassling Cathrion to help her with that basically every time).

The spindown counter I keep near my keyboard has dictated that three iterations of Redshirt have died on the front. This was out of five rolls, by the way.

I think that covers all the notable ones.
And for the first time in what feels like forever, I'm kind of interested in where the WoW story goes. I love Sylvanas as the moustache-twirling villain, and it's really helped me get back into regular roleplay. ^^

I'm kinda the opposite. I've never been this uninterested in the story before, because the hope I had for it kept being stomped upon. So now whenever there is some news or addition, I don't get curious. Instead I brace myself with a "What is it now."

As for my characters. Well that is rather connected to my ooc opinion of the story at the moment. Because it's such a mess, I haven't decided in detail to what most are up to yet and will likely wait to do until later.

But in short. My alliance characters, who are all more or less night elves, are out for Horde blood. No surprise there.
My Horde characters, who are not complete sadists, are asking "What" and "Why" over and over. While the sadistic ones are of course overjoyed.
And my neutral characters are facepalming or staring in confusion.
I honestly don't know what my characters are up to these days, I guess rumi is out somewhere, doing something
Trakkha doing trakkha things.

Crush is doing his thing.

Thats about it, really.

as for BFA, i thought i was hyped for it, turns out i was only interested in mag'har, Now that i got them, well..
let's just say it's been ages since i was last doing anything in the game.
Roifa's boss has closed down the company business, and all the friends he made have gone separate ways.

It's not difficult for him to make new friends and have fun, but It's interesting to see him feeling sad and that once again, he's lost touch with a bunch of people he began to see as a family of sorts.

Here's to Oilgut Delivery, the craziest logistics service this side of Kalimdor..
1 Like

Uruk is traveling to Kul Tiras with other Ebons on a secret mission. They raised a ship and are sailing to Drustvar.
Finally after grinding everyday I unlocked the Mag'har Orc and man does it feel good. Still think they should reduce the grinding.

Whats Erah doing? uh I kinda just have him roaming the world. trying his best with the Champions of Azeroth on how to heal the world. Currently his location now is somewhere in Zuldazar.
Drosk is out for blood Killing whatever Horde scum he can on the front lines or in the shadows, while his wife is in a coma or something.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=287526/patch-8-1-ptr-broadcast-text-sira-moonwarden-spoilers
Aaaaaaand back to screaming in a corner.

(Other spoilers are available on wowhead now, for those interested)
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=144762/delaryn-summermoon#outfit
Someone please just end my suffering already....that and the other nelf/lore fans' suffering

Is this how Draenei fans felt in WoD?
29/09/2018 13:48Posted by Elyssarain
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=144762/delaryn-summermoon#outfit
Someone please just end my suffering already....that and the other nelf/lore fans' suffering

Is this how Draenei fans felt in WoD?

Kind of, but to me it was more the matter of having something wonderful served up, beautiful cities, lore and more only to see it squandered as content was cut and writing degraded. I mean, they even forgot their own lore of draenei having blue blood. It's like buying a delicious looking doughnut and finding the filling had turned.

The continuous horror of night elf lore is more akin to watching a fresh banana grow spotty and soft, attracting flies.