General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

Sounds like good fun, if you have the time for it.

Mahli’ficia does not approve of being confused with a Troll :<

But yes, she would totally cheese any fight she couldn’t win with a single spell/word!

I’m struggling to locate particular dream diary episodes for reference since there are no longer forum pages to go by and the system spazzes out when scrolling, skipping dozens of posts at a time. Thanks, Blizzard!

Dream Diary 64, Update on the subject: differences in routines have changed my habits in such that I rarely remember these stories anymore, unable to induce lucidity. The most recent, bereft of enough detail to record, involved a sci-fi setting with a mafia family narrative. The protagonist worked a restaurant owned by people who were new to the city and didn’t want to be subject to the whims of the Families, doing their own illegal smuggling business. It ended with the big name Family sending enforcers to assume control and shoot any opposition, the owner loading a weird space revolver whilst hunched in the kitchen.

At least it inspired me to be a total child and get a nerf gun soon. Space revolver, maybe. For amusement. Not space mafia.

They take one of your asteroids, you take one of their planets. Bada bing bada boom.

And I will never do that again.

Sorry if death replies are messes, but wanted to post… and always feel like I start rambling when making too long posts :man_shrugging:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OOCIsSeriousBusiness

As was stated once before; losing faith in the leadership would be a breaking point.

That was beautifully written. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yo dawgs. Got some good news and bad news.

Bad news: I might get my left eye removed due to infection.

Good news: There is a 50% chance of meds working and not having to do that.

Yikes
I hope your meds will work
If not… girls loves pirates

*Huggs

Yikes! best of luck my friend! Hope the meds work
edit: Bringing the regards of others who doesn’t have a sub. and their wishes to you.

4 Likes

… Wat? I mean sure go for it. I’ll confirm or deny here because why the hell not. Not sure how entertaining a question this might be for an IC interview but that might just be me, haha.

Dream Diary page 65: Not quite another dream diary episode but I dreamt that WoW introduced true naval combat and personal ships as part of BfA’s nautical theme.

You’d start with a small questline to be named captain with extra pomp for kul tirans and zandalari, then given control of one of three basic ships appropriate for your faction.

Each ship could be customised with personal touches, weapons and crew and upgrades earned via naval quests that sent you out to sea in fast paced pve and pvp battles including broadsides and boarding actions.

With enough effort, the ship would change and be swapped for bigger, stronger ones as you grew in rank. While access to lower tier ships remained relevant for missions demanding speed and utility, your main command flagship would change all the way up to one of those kul tiran galleons or zandalari t-rex headed monstrosities. All still fully customised like a mobile player housing and functionally replacing the ship you currently use as a base.

As a plot twist, you’d also have the option to sail to an expanded Freehold and become a pirate, abandoning your faction to attack both sides for power, profit and freedom. Your ships would change accordingly to one of three pirate options along rogue faction lines, my memory insisting on a vrykul longboat with that particular quest branch ending in capture and purification of the naglfar as the terror of the seas.

Naval raids were promised.

Anyone else excited for Game of Thrones S8? Gonna be honest, if Cersei survives this I am gonna rage.

1 Like

I don’t have the channels nor streaming to watch it but buy the boxed sets when it’s all done. Money is an impediment when almost everything is rented.

I think it’s possible to get a free trial of Now TV for the duration of the series possibly.

I think I did this last series.

There are also the… not so legit sources ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So my sub runs out in 24 hours and I’m reallly enjoying my time here. Think I might stick around for once.

Dream Diary part 66. Not quite another dream diary but here is a brief summary of my last adventure through the mists of Morpheus:

Strange, religious overtones has us starting out in a church followed by a trip across the graveyard. My dream avatar is bored and wanders off to a new spot where by dream logic, members of the new Chinese immigrant community are buried.

These headstones are very different and as I examine them, a strangely dressed young woman pops up between them. Pale but curious and cheerful, she does little more than watch as I leave, bewildered.

The dream is then all about this odd woman causing trouble after following me home, revealed to be a jiangshi, a chinese hopping vampire and while harmless, she is annoying and raises extistential questions. There is no real way to be rid of her because “the rules” say that stuff like a christian exorcism won’t work on a buddhist vampire.

Sorry, but the memories are too muddy for a coherent story.

1 Like

Top tip: your characters don’t know what other characters classes are unless they state so or it’s plain as day (like Terintha here…). I mean, have the character make a guess, that’ll make a good topic of RP! :smiley:

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

So I’m kind of unsure. Should I give Dangerbeard an accent or just leave it out? On one hand I feel like a heavy accent makes Dwarves feel even more like stereotypical angry Scotsmen and it’s often bloody hard to read but on the other hand leaving it out feels lazy.

I put is very welcome. Also generally open to suggestions and well-intended criticism of my RP in general…

Now back to boring work I go.

2 Likes

Give him an easy accent. Not too hard to read, but not fully uninfluenced text either.
If I ever made a dwarf, that’s how I’d go.
I do really hate having to decipher dwarven “accents.” But yeah, leaving them out fully feels wrong too.

1 Like