General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OOCIsSeriousBusiness

As was stated once before; losing faith in the leadership would be a breaking point.

That was beautifully written. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yo dawgs. Got some good news and bad news.

Bad news: I might get my left eye removed due to infection.

Good news: There is a 50% chance of meds working and not having to do that.

Yikes
I hope your meds will work
If notā€¦ girls loves pirates

*Huggs

Yikes! best of luck my friend! Hope the meds work
edit: Bringing the regards of others who doesnā€™t have a sub. and their wishes to you.

4 Likes

ā€¦ Wat? I mean sure go for it. Iā€™ll confirm or deny here because why the hell not. Not sure how entertaining a question this might be for an IC interview but that might just be me, haha.

Dream Diary page 65: Not quite another dream diary episode but I dreamt that WoW introduced true naval combat and personal ships as part of BfAā€™s nautical theme.

Youā€™d start with a small questline to be named captain with extra pomp for kul tirans and zandalari, then given control of one of three basic ships appropriate for your faction.

Each ship could be customised with personal touches, weapons and crew and upgrades earned via naval quests that sent you out to sea in fast paced pve and pvp battles including broadsides and boarding actions.

With enough effort, the ship would change and be swapped for bigger, stronger ones as you grew in rank. While access to lower tier ships remained relevant for missions demanding speed and utility, your main command flagship would change all the way up to one of those kul tiran galleons or zandalari t-rex headed monstrosities. All still fully customised like a mobile player housing and functionally replacing the ship you currently use as a base.

As a plot twist, youā€™d also have the option to sail to an expanded Freehold and become a pirate, abandoning your faction to attack both sides for power, profit and freedom. Your ships would change accordingly to one of three pirate options along rogue faction lines, my memory insisting on a vrykul longboat with that particular quest branch ending in capture and purification of the naglfar as the terror of the seas.

Naval raids were promised.

Anyone else excited for Game of Thrones S8? Gonna be honest, if Cersei survives this I am gonna rage.

1 Like

I donā€™t have the channels nor streaming to watch it but buy the boxed sets when itā€™s all done. Money is an impediment when almost everything is rented.

I think itā€™s possible to get a free trial of Now TV for the duration of the series possibly.

I think I did this last series.

There are also theā€¦ not so legit sources ( Ķ”Ā° ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°)

So my sub runs out in 24 hours and Iā€™m reallly enjoying my time here. Think I might stick around for once.

Dream Diary part 66. Not quite another dream diary but here is a brief summary of my last adventure through the mists of Morpheus:

Strange, religious overtones has us starting out in a church followed by a trip across the graveyard. My dream avatar is bored and wanders off to a new spot where by dream logic, members of the new Chinese immigrant community are buried.

These headstones are very different and as I examine them, a strangely dressed young woman pops up between them. Pale but curious and cheerful, she does little more than watch as I leave, bewildered.

The dream is then all about this odd woman causing trouble after following me home, revealed to be a jiangshi, a chinese hopping vampire and while harmless, she is annoying and raises extistential questions. There is no real way to be rid of her because ā€œthe rulesā€ say that stuff like a christian exorcism wonā€™t work on a buddhist vampire.

Sorry, but the memories are too muddy for a coherent story.

1 Like

Top tip: your characters donā€™t know what other characters classes are unless they state so or itā€™s plain as day (like Terintha hereā€¦). I mean, have the character make a guess, thatā€™ll make a good topic of RP! :smiley:

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

So Iā€™m kind of unsure. Should I give Dangerbeard an accent or just leave it out? On one hand I feel like a heavy accent makes Dwarves feel even more like stereotypical angry Scotsmen and itā€™s often bloody hard to read but on the other hand leaving it out feels lazy.

I put is very welcome. Also generally open to suggestions and well-intended criticism of my RP in generalā€¦

Now back to boring work I go.

2 Likes

Give him an easy accent. Not too hard to read, but not fully uninfluenced text either.
If I ever made a dwarf, thatā€™s how Iā€™d go.
I do really hate having to decipher dwarven ā€œaccents.ā€ But yeah, leaving them out fully feels wrong too.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was thinking of doing with her (yes, Dangerbeard is a girl), yeah. Heavy, heavy accents feel too cartoonish, take forever to type out and can be hell to decipher. Iā€™ve played (many) Dwarves before and the accent is always something I spend a lot of time struggling with.

In general I like playing with and against the stereotypes that come with classes and races. With some characters that turns out better than others. Iā€™m quite happy with Rorick and Roessler for instance but I struggle to get my mage right for example.

I must admit, I love a Dwarf with a heavy stereotypical accent(whether written or spoken)

You might say that it is unoriginal, that it is overdone; but the fact is few people I have met can properly pull off the heavy version of the accent. Especially with proper use of cultural references and sayings.

It is a clear and immediate marker of quality and dedication, at least in my mind -.^

On a side-bit, I love the Male Dark Iron Dwarf voice actor just as much as I hate the Female Night Elf Demon Hunter voice actor!

1 Like

I know the feeling; I was unsure how heavy I should do it for Modgar at times! I generally add a lass/lad in there, and I feel youā€™re generally fine. Itā€™s what your character is saying which is more important, I say. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Guess Iā€™ll go for a very light accent. Makes forum posts easier too since half the time Iā€™m doing this on my phone.

1 Like

I finally got the G.M.O.D. the other night and even though it fits this toon way less than the LF Warframe, I love it. G.M.O.D. is best bling warframe

2 Likes