General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

I’m guessing Kel Thuzad usurps him, personally. Lich lad with a surplus of titles is presumed lost in the Shadowlands but big things stir that way in the Horde’s story of late. Alliance get none of that juicy next expack buildup beyond Jaina and Thros being vaugely afterlife connected with Death Magic.

Maybe a necromancer class is to come? Extremely controversial but they’d probably allow it with races that’d abhor it just for coolness’ sake.

Take care my friend, hope you’ll have fun until next time.
I’ve pretty much gone on a Hiatus myself until next expansion, or until a patch that’s entertaining hits.

Thanks for the kind words all :slight_smile:

I’ll stick around as much as I can. I’m just frustrated that I played about 15-30 mins of gameplay before “OK NOW DO DAILIES AND WORLD QUESTS”. It’s just not worth the money.

I had a break in legion as well but that was more just I fancied a break, this is more me being fed up with WoW.

Oh well, I’m not Beta testing the new update for Black Mesa to keep me entertained.

No! No one can leave as I return!

Kidding, It’s sad to see you go but I get it. I was away for nearly half a year and only now came back. Sometimes we need a break. Hope you come back.

But in other news, the Nex is back!

1 Like

Welcome back, Nex.

I really want to answer the current question in the interview thread but I’m kind of at a loss for inspiration.

Well, it’s kind of tricky with no information to go on this hypothetical future and what condition there might be in need of changing. Even then, change would have to happen in your present and not their future if, say, it’s known to you that 30 years down the line, the Star-Gods come to nibble on the planet or God-Emperor Gallywix rules a global Horde with a greasy fist.

Finally got my heritage Totem. What do you think guys?

Moo.

2 Likes

That is kind of the problem but also why I really want to do it. I want to write about one of my characters, probably Rorick, creating a time-travel paradox and regretting every moment of it.

Mmmmmmooooooooo.

Those are my thoughts.

So I’ve come back to WoW for a bit (god damn this game is addictive) and the new content isn’t as bad as I thought it would be but still, doing WQ’s constantly gets boring.

I do like the new armor and the punchcard systems though.

3 Likes

Dream Diary piece of mind no. #70: SPACE ELVES!

They’ve come a long way. Colonists, scientists, artists, families. Watching their new home from the safety of their spaceship, the elfin aliens ready up to begin their new lives, full of hope and excitement.

The planet below glows with verdant life, a paradise garden ready to be shaped to the needs of its new people. Alleged to be uninhabited, continents stretch out, surrounded by glittering oceans. It will be the future they hoped for.

Then the colony ship stops responding. Some damage sustained during the long flight through space or some other, unknown factor causes the machinery to fail on entry, the crew bracing for impact in collective panic as the navigators guide the ship into an emergency landing at a forested mountain range.

The ship shakes, groans and splits apart like a dropped fruit, its seeds, the people, falling out helplessly as many are lost. More still are lost to the force of the impact. Most of the crew yet live and step outside as the hatches open, their new home revealed.

The forest is primal and ancient; a rich cauldron of biodiversity and beauty with thick roots sprawled along cliffsides. Reverence of its glories aside, the survivors gather to mourn and plan. Some terrible news is brought by the ship’s captain; the colonisation equipment broke and they have no replacement. What was to be a new paradise home of glittering spires will never be, the colonists now forced to survive on what they have left.

Once the despair settles, a plan is made. All things of worth, use and of value are gathered in carts, buckets, bowls, anything and anywhere they will fit and the colonists move down the mountainside, a civilization on the march making its own path through the primeval forest. Men, women, children, all single file so that none stray and are lost, their long walk is one of mournful determination.

All is not lost. They are still scientists, crafters, survivors! They know the bounty of nature and can work with it to live in spite of everything. Finding shelter among the boughs and cliffs of the valley below, they set about building. Not the vast sprawl of an interstellar colony but a home for all that it will hold with anything avaliable. They know that they will make changes to their ways just as they had to leave their old dreams behind. This is for their children and the children of their children. The future is in the hands of those who work for it and adapt to this new life.

Thus the space elves become wood elves, regressed to iron age technology, hunting with bow and arrow and developing a new culture and art from what they lost. In time, as generations pass, they forget the stars. The forest is their home.

Are there even other people out there beyond it? Explorers make ready to find out.

1 Like

Is there a guild for like forum RPers? If not maybe we should make one?

I’d think more on the lines of a battlenet community, if you want to make one. Lots of people are in RP guilds already.

For reasons too complicated to further elaborate upon, I nearly tore out an entire toenail and I’m miserable. I just need to share that.

1 Like

My toenails hurt after I read this. Thanks.

1 Like

No, nope, nono, nope. Be gone with your nail-less toe!

On another subject, should I join a guild? Does anyone have any guilds to recommend? I’ve never bothered joining a guild because I’m an extremely casual player as I don’t get a massive amount of time to play WoW but I’m just wondering if I should join one anyway.

You probably should. You really get the most out of your WoW (roleplaying and PvE/PvP) experience when you do it with people you know and like. That being said I’m not in an active guild right now because I’m possibly a more extremely casual player than you are at this point.

I also like this dead guild’s tabard and the memories with it.

1 Like

If the GM knows and is alright with you not being online a lot, then you’ve really no reason not to join a guild.

Even though I have a lot of my fondly remembered IC moments on a guildless character, I still highly recommend being part of at least one RP guild at all times, because it just coems in handy and takes less effort to do elaborate character storylines and development.

Again, if the GM is alright with it, you really have no reason not to give it a shot.

1 Like

It’s more like 85% nail-less. This shunning breaks my heart.

Have disquieting day?

Cooking my morning ramen, I can almost feel the rumbling reverberations of roaring Ramseyan rage. I need better standards.