General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

its been merged with The Venture Co (Mass exodus in Wotlk) and Defias Brotherhood (Late Mists of Pandaria). There are some RPers about I think but few and far between.

Hopefully 8.2 will bring players back and turn BFA around. This expansion so far has been very boring. BFA needed a Suramar. Suramar was one of the best things ever to have happened to WoW. I loved Suramar and the questing was actually fun and meaningful compared to BFA which is just do World Quests to make numbers go up slightly.

sigh I miss Legion. Best Expansion since Wrath.

I think MoP was better than both

I think this was because Blizzardā€™s WoW stories are at their best when they have fairly low, local or not immediately apocalyptic stakes. Pandaria had the best Low Level Stakes : World Ending Apocalypse ration since vanilla or TBC whereas Wotlk and Legion had pretty decent side stories the actual main plots, which were most of what happened can be charitably described as very dumb.

Sadly BfA thus far seems to have taken the fond memories people have for Pandaria and applied it to the weakest aspect of Mists, the naff AvH plot.

I would say I prefer MoP in terms of plot (also MoP was a good expac) but Legion was just a good all rounder for me, same with Wrath (though that was ages ago and a different account altogether).

I think the only ones Iā€™ve really not liked were Cata, and BFA hasnā€™t been good.

WoD fundamentally wasnā€™t good but I enjoyed the levellingā€¦ itā€™s just that there wasnā€™t much else after that.

Hey guys

Just to let you know, Iā€™ve cancelled my subscription and it will end Jul 24th. This patch has been pretty underwhelming and the fact custom sounds no longer work has made it infuriating to play through (base game gun sounds suck).

Iā€™ll possibly come back for 9.0 but I think I may just skip this expansion now.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a shame. Iā€™ve seen you posting quite a lot in the forums, to the point where I recognise your name. Hope you find what youā€™re looking for in some other game until such a time as you decide to return =]

1 Like

Sad to see you go, Tek. Iā€™ve always liked your posts here on this forum. Donā€™t be a stranger. If I understand correctly these new forums let you post without an active sub as well.

Aawh. Always sucks to see regulars go.
Take care of yourself, man. Hope to see you at 9.0.

Bye bye, then. Have a nice absence. Iā€™m sure a bunch of folks will eagerly return for our next adventure, probably to involve the lich king since Blizzard is doing a greatest hits tour and how a bunch of undead mobs were recently blessed with new models.

I really do hope we donā€™t just ā€œgo and kill Bolvar because he turned badā€.
Thatā€™d be as unimaginative as it can get.

Iā€™m guessing Kel Thuzad usurps him, personally. Lich lad with a surplus of titles is presumed lost in the Shadowlands but big things stir that way in the Hordeā€™s story of late. Alliance get none of that juicy next expack buildup beyond Jaina and Thros being vaugely afterlife connected with Death Magic.

Maybe a necromancer class is to come? Extremely controversial but theyā€™d probably allow it with races thatā€™d abhor it just for coolnessā€™ sake.

Take care my friend, hope youā€™ll have fun until next time.
Iā€™ve pretty much gone on a Hiatus myself until next expansion, or until a patch thatā€™s entertaining hits.

Thanks for the kind words all :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll stick around as much as I can. Iā€™m just frustrated that I played about 15-30 mins of gameplay before ā€œOK NOW DO DAILIES AND WORLD QUESTSā€. Itā€™s just not worth the money.

I had a break in legion as well but that was more just I fancied a break, this is more me being fed up with WoW.

Oh well, Iā€™m not Beta testing the new update for Black Mesa to keep me entertained.

No! No one can leave as I return!

Kidding, Itā€™s sad to see you go but I get it. I was away for nearly half a year and only now came back. Sometimes we need a break. Hope you come back.

But in other news, the Nex is back!

1 Like

Welcome back, Nex.

I really want to answer the current question in the interview thread but Iā€™m kind of at a loss for inspiration.

Well, itā€™s kind of tricky with no information to go on this hypothetical future and what condition there might be in need of changing. Even then, change would have to happen in your present and not their future if, say, itā€™s known to you that 30 years down the line, the Star-Gods come to nibble on the planet or God-Emperor Gallywix rules a global Horde with a greasy fist.

Finally got my heritage Totem. What do you think guys?

Moo.

2 Likes

That is kind of the problem but also why I really want to do it. I want to write about one of my characters, probably Rorick, creating a time-travel paradox and regretting every moment of it.

Mmmmmmooooooooo.

Those are my thoughts.

So Iā€™ve come back to WoW for a bit (god damn this game is addictive) and the new content isnā€™t as bad as I thought it would be but still, doing WQā€™s constantly gets boring.

I do like the new armor and the punchcard systems though.

3 Likes