General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

And that is why it is a wise idea to get a guild though not much ppl are playing now.

New item. Infinite Stars! :grinning:

75 corruption. :scream:

1 Like

Oh my!

*Self fanning

Oh lord, you lucky! GG!
Hope you have many more nice drops! :slight_smile:
+75 corruption hleps to be a nice Void Elf

It was on a different character but really, at 70+ corruption anyone is an honorary void elf.

:slight_smile: :wave:

1 Like

This sounds like some SMC Bazaar thing to me.

Not everything in life is all deep and edgy darklordish my dear.

Whatever happened to the interview thread?

the same with, what would your character say to the above poster? #28
and What would you do with the above poster? #19 nobody seems to be doing them but rather ppl like Would your char kiss, marry or kill the one above? which personally I don’t.

No replies in a month, I guess.

We need more fun threads and RP stories, so I decree.

1 Like

Havent we tried everyhing by now. I personally think we just need to wait for shadowlands hopefully it’ll get the old guys back to rp’ing or even more influx f players.

I hope so
Tho’ Shadowlands I’m not sure the best for RP - I mean the whole setup; while in BfA you could be the part of the expedition that went Kul Tiras/Zandalar even if you are not the “hero” , and Legion was a global “problem” from every corner of Azeroth the Order Halls gathered anyone that resembled to their class… Shadowlands is a bit - at least what we know so far- not that RP friendly
I mean what are the odds your character goes to the Death Realm? (not counting the unfortunate , before his time possibility)
A bit like - okay you was abroad the Vindicaar but… why exactly and on Argus?
And for some races there is a relegion centered around death and what waits you beyond… Trolls with Bwonsamdi, Draenei with the Light (not counting the whole Vigilant and Soulbinder business) and the whole Orc ancestor worship thing… I’m sure the Elves belives something too…
In SL you - so far- can’t really experience the afterlife your relegion/racial belifes described and teached you in your life
And while this could lead some interesting RP the problems owerwieght the benefit, so to speak
Tho’ the new leveling experience, reliving past events and such as part of your progress could revitalize RP greatly and even could open up RP scenarios set “in the past”
In short, I’m not that sure SL will be the best for the RP community :frowning:
I hope I’m wrong!

1 Like

Exactly I think Nobbel himself talks about this, that knowing were your going to go after death is a HUGE DEAL, LIKE WORLD CHANGING! like ppl wouldnt even live for the moment, they would pick and choose their lifestyle so they can get into a specific convenant after death. and how do you even rp that? like all your characters beliefs like the light and all are meaningless.

Well Damien would never go to the Shadowlands, unles forced, but even then would try to escape
And hearing what awaits in Da Other Side, he would double, no, triple his efforts to become a full fledged Demon to avoid that :smirk:
But, my point exactly… SL is… uhh… a bit hard for RP I think

Well, you’re not denying it. :eyes:

The way I understand it, it will be a Draenor deal with The Champyun ending up in the afterlife, drawn into the Maw as everyone is since Legion but escaping, learning the score and working with a covenant to correct the imbalance. Others arrive later as Azeroth’s wider cast are needed for stories.

You wouldn’t really need to die to get to the shadowlands with Sylvanas deliberately shattering the veil between the planes at anchor in icecrown so you’re likely to have a portal by Bolvar’s throne or something like that.

Anyway, the philosophical questions are interesting but it’s not quite so simple as people knowing where they’ll end up and gaming the system. There’s an infinite amount of varied afterlives, apparently with the ones we visit being a few of the big, influential ones.

See thats my main problem
Let’s put aside the “fact” how Chronicles described it: The Shadowlands are nightmarish realms of decay, labyrinthine spiritual planes teeming with the souls of the dead who have passed from the world of the living.
Sylvanas “Plan” makes 0 sense… the Arbriter judges souls and sort them out, you go here, you there and so on
But these souls are from all ower the universe (and God, I hope - unlike the Legion - SL will not it transcends all universes… because then the situation is even worse!), the Banhsee’s pact mean basically nothing, on Earth 56 to 60 million people die each year and unlike Azeroth (wich is way larger then Earth, someone calculated its size via the Sword of Sargeras and the cutscene) we are not activly murdered by left or right by monsters and world ending events… mulitply this with the number of habitable planets with sentinent life (we know Azeroth is not the last planet with such life) and the number is close to unimaginable!
The Jailor wanted power - at least how we know - and Sylvanas victims fueledd the Maw! Great, cool… but ultimately and insignificant little number compared the daily income
Sure this not really affects RP, but anoying, and eventually anyone would with one or two working braincells IC would point that out without any OCC knowledge, since these are IC facts - and logical blackholes always ruins immersion and fun :sob:
Well at least for me :smirk:

"Members of the Alliance and Horde will manage to enter the Shadowlands with the help of Bolvar Fordragon and his death knights, and will directly be sent into the Maw. Thanks to the connection some of the heroes of Azeroth have to their world-soul, a number of them will be able to leave the Maw and travel the realms of the dead, being the first to do this kind of feat, and become known as the Maw Walkers. "

Not the best of setups if you asks me for any RP
Anyhow just my usualy friday mumbling ^^

Regardless of them making portals for lore characters and soldiers to enter, this just seems like a grand opportunity for a new golden age of player and guild generated roleplaying in the living world.

1 Like

Dream diary episode 75.

RENIN!

Flashback to the 90’s. A pc game made in the Quake 2-3 era with all its blocky graphical glory. You awaken in a museum as Renin, an ancient egyptian princess but you haven’t been reborn in glory. It’s the year 2050 and the world is a cyperpunk dystopia. A combination of the nanotech used to preserve your mummified form and the divine will of Osiris and Ma’at has made you a superhero for this new dark age and your wraps and burial artefacts become weapons as part of an armoured suit powered by ancient magic.

On your journey to right the wrongs of this new world shaken far from Ma’at’s truth and righteousness you have a familiar; the animated canopic jar who dispenses suggestions and advice as you hunt down stolen grave goods to upgrade your divine mummy armour.

What remains strongest in my mind is the upgrade inventory screen, attaching adornments, amulets, a golden burial mask and more to the increasingly ornate powered armoured undead avenger, magical guns and all. And the box art. It was all extremely 90’s.