General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

Below 340. Because I just level alts and RP in WoW. Feelsbad.

I’m similarly incapable of advancing, leveling several alts whilst also grinding for warfront sets, medals, and hoarding island expedition dubloons for not one but two tricorne hats.

Send help.

1 Like

Was never much of an alt person. Unable to focus on more than one character at the time, in both RP and the end-game stuff.

1 Like

It’s more about getting a character of each role in each faction to max level and gearing them for utility. The rest of the grind is just for transmogs and other shinies. I don’t have the same desperate need to shove all classes to max as I did in WoD in order to do the class hall stories but I do want my general utility alts to be useful.

Roleplay characters can be any level but active participation in campaigns and wider stories also insist upon leveling. My big hurdle is the self imposed need to unlock old expansion content along the way like access to Draenor and the Isle of Thunder which adds several days of grind to each new alt.

It’s the sort of thing that makes me give up the race for heritage sets. Look at that mag’har armour! And the kul tiran greatcoat! I just have to go through… all the things again. Oh…

Once it’s all said and done, I’d rather not fill my list of deleted characters with abandoned pet projects. I really wish that we could permanently delete oldies like that. That one death knight and druid, both 50ish, stare back in silent judgement each time I go to undelete something.

I just want every non pure dps class on both factions on max… for some reason…

But RP-wise I did realize I’ve far too many chars, so I did limit myself to 6. (Yes, that may still sound a lot for some, but the downsizing I had to do to get to that numbers was pretty huge as well.)

Not just you, but I have to agree that Lightforged and velves cuddling would require some serious writing work.

I used to be very much an alt person but these days I’m so strapped for time I can barely keep up with one character’s needs. I might still drag Roessler to 120 at some point but that’ll be a summer project at its earliest.

That being said I’m very much enjoying what little Rorick time that I have now.

Dream Diary Episode 62:

Yet another apocalyptic future; this time environmental damage, ecological disaster and pollution leaves much of the remaining population in primitive accomodations. Society collapsed under its own weight, unable to sustain necessary production, farming and more as the resources dwindled and humanity simply adapted to a simpler life after the widespread famine did its work. More or less everyone is a refugee and lives in squalid poverty but for the opportunity to be given a job by the elites who retreated to large pyramid ark sanctuaries on the ocean floor.

Our protagonist is given the chance and is brought down to the elites, finding that the rich and powerful have regressed into a ruthless mafia of interconnected but rivalling families for whom he runs varying degrees of criminal errands. They need the outsiders to get jobs done that can’t be managed via the rules and family ties, creating a middle class of surfacer immigrants to exploit. For that matter, the rumoured underwater paradise with a garden of ocean life sustaining the elite was all a lie. The ocean is just as ruined as the surface with the ocean floor being nothing but a worldwide desert.

There’s an overarching unspoken theme that the lies and state of pollution are both unsustainable and that the Families fight over the scraps that are left, placating the surfacers with promises of jobs and the occasional supply drop. The state of things is simply the end result of human greed and self interest.

Man, I forgot how much I enjoyed roleplaying as Rorick.

I used to entertain ideas of having more than 1 active 120 character, but then I did some simple math on what’d be required to simply keep them competitively geared.

Each week, you’d need to do
10 hours of raiding & farming
1 hour of mythic dungeons, or 3-5 hours if you lack a mythic+ team.
3-4 hours of AP farming, doing only the most lucrative daily quests/islands.

That’s easily 14 hours out of your free time doing the bare minimum just to keep your character competitive and at or just slightly ahead of the curve. And this is assuming the character is already established. If you are new on the server and want to get into the game, you have a steep gearing ladder to climb through, and grind your Ilev, HOA and Io.

You can further add 6-8 hours or more if you want to be serious about WoW’s PvP aspect. And it’ll take longer if you’re new/not already a pro at PvP. And possibly another raid night or two if you’re in a more hardcore mythic guild for another 7-10+ hours.

And then all your rewards are invalidated each new season due to the Ilev inflation & WoW’s steep power curve, so no working your butt off the start of the expansion and chill through the rest.

WoW’s time requirements has made me appreciate other multiplayer games more where you can jump into a match without having to worry about your gear being outdated or anything like that; where you can take a week off and no progress is lost.

That’s exactly what I say every time I take a break from Ly, then come back to her. :smiley:

I must say that I love this one in its simple, thematic purity. Perfect for an orc monk.

1 Like

I just learnt that there is a website that lets you check people’s alts. There goes the privacy :frowning:

Wasn’t that for the old forums?

There will be no real dream diary as I’m broken beyond exhaustion. A nap did however produce an incoherent mess about a dictator hiding among roaches the size of housecats and me being on a bus with a bunch of frog people, playing music on an old gramophone. I still number it 63.

Well… it still works, so I suppose it’s not for the old forums. And the site’s primary purpose isn’t to track down alts, but it does such as one of its features. I wonder if you can somehow hide yourself when you create account on their website and take a look at the settings.

Finally unlocked Dark Iron Dwarves. You can use that site to find out my Dwarf’s name I guess, haha. On another note, I’m really liking combat rogue.

2 Likes

Does she know Laurenn? Where from? :thinking:

Who is the one you call Laurenn? Dont test me Child!

I’m launching a couple of new characters soon but I’m not sure if I’ll post on them. The whole trust system erodes my will to diversify. Some get to be new, others will be racechanged as their old selves retire. Mari isn’t going Void, though. Not yet at least, so breathe easy, ye who oppose such.

The general thread is OOC and she probably asked because Coldshade had never told Fythramar her name to my knowledge.

1 Like

Some other website can track alts, but the forum can’t?

Why do I get a notification that Razuun has posted on the date thread?! I am Razuun! Dx

1 Like