General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

But context is important. By the cosmology chart, Shadow is Void and Void is Shadow with several classes drawing directly upon it to do what they do. Quel’Thalas didn’t ban all rogues, though with this writing, shadow priests are now dubious.

This or that class ability doesn’t make an exile. Umbric’s followers were banished on Rommath’s whim, regarded dangerous in their excess and Umbric as a person later came across dar’khan’s treasure map that led to Telogrus. This character has been that excessive.

It’s been her big plot hook for several expansions that in her wider studies of dark magic to find a solution to the Legion, she delved into the Void to destroy their immortal souls. As an act far beyond mere warlocking dabbling in Fel and Shadow, she would have been among Umbric’s exiles by their lore. Her experiments weren’t exactly a secret.

Not knowing the exact timeline of the exile put my character in the fridge, RPing in a bizzare limbo of being Schrödinger’s Elf; somehow both Blood and Void depending on perspective. In other to move forward and function, she has to exist as an entity within her context and that seems to demand a faction change.

On the bright side… the transmog you’re using currently on Marinya will look great on a Void Elf, if you decide to do the transfer. Personally, I think most of the shadow users in Quel’Thalas would indeed get exiled if they’re caught. Makes most sense for Marinya to become a VE, given the current writing and the way void elves were introduced.

Recruiting, Laurenn? Tsk, tsk.

Yeah… Telogrus is kinda empty lately, gotta do something about it.

3 Likes

Suramar isn’t that crowded either… :frowning:
Well our time has passed…
Time to step back from the spotlight and give it to the Vulpera :fox_face:

In all honesty its not like Blizzard actually made it a city for players. if they did tho would be one of my favourite cities in the game.
Still kinda holding out hope for Goblin and Gilnean inspired cities, one can only hope.

Doesn’t Booty Bay already count as a goblin inspired city?
And last I checked, that’s the most populated neutral RP place.

I wouldn’t even call it a goblin city. I’m thinking something more like Kezan inspired big city.

She rocked purple years before it was cool.

It’s one of the loneliest places and being gradually swallowed by a void tempest isn’t doing the real estate market any favours. At least one can sit on the edge of known reality and sulk.

Actually funny. Good twist!

1 Like

‘Ello mates! Fancy bein’ 'ere again. One of the last non-toxic places on these forums.

Looking forward to some fun RP with y’all.

Dafuq u callin’ “non-toxic” u fookin’ bawbag gobblin’ pisa mud!? I’ll rek ya shiz!

1 Like

This man does not represent us!

Real question, now: if one were to hypothetically faction change and wear one’s inner blues on the outside, what does the community look like these days? A warm welcome isn’t exactly the expected outcome but I’d rather not have my character thrown off the docks tied to a Sisyphean rock.

Right now? There are strong and healthy communities to choose from. If you could tell me what you plan to switch too I could offer bit more relevant info.

Girl, I will throw a party to welcome you!
Even hire some k’thir to have some familiar faces… stolen one, but familiar, trust me! :squid:

I’m still confused about the topic of this thread.

It’s a general chat room, like on discord.

Discord kind of devoured old forum discussions, didn’t it? I just can’t follow that sort of thing on a regular basis so I’d rather see more threads in here. Stuff like discussion on characters, backstory, questions, traits and story threads.

wait whats the discord link ?

The Scarlet wannabe RP seems to have died, from what I’ve noticed. There’s also a very nice Void user community forming right now!

Sorry, I thought you were a priest for some weird reason.