General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

I am :frowning:

Well, I am back.

So, thatā€™s something, I guess?

1 Like

Actually no
I love home office stlye work (absolutly abhorr my co-workers, and hate the place I had to drag myself in every dayā€¦ with several hours of travel) and Iā€™m a bit antisocial anywayā€¦ so for me this is one of the best thing that happened so far; no stress, I have time to work out, read, picked up my guitarr again, have a hobby, enjoy and apriciate the little things I never had the time before this self-isolation
Not joking, after this all pass, Iā€™m planning to continnue this lifestyle, heck, even possible I will move to some far off place, like the canadian wilderness os something like that

Welcome back. I hope youā€™re having fun with the game.

Personally, I donā€™t have a great need for social interaction and life has largely continued unchanged. Iā€™m kind of the embodiment of the meme where the nerdy shut-in goes ā€œyou mean I have to stay inside and play games all day? Oh noooā€¦ā€ with all the worldā€™s sarcasm.

Itā€™s all for the good of it as Iā€™m in a risk zone of getting horribly mangled by this sickness if it catches me so Iā€™m staying in my bunker! Itā€™s worse on others in my family for a number of reasons, though. Stay calm, be smart and consider your loved ones.

Iā€™ve updated the roleplay story thread if anyone wants to read it.

I am!

And I am just now noticing you are a void elf now! Went with the change after all?

She is one us now
One of us!!!

Her ongoing story and the lore as written painted her into a corner. She had a Void research plot since several expansions prior as a culmination of her bigger reason for even considering the dark magics of a warlock.

With the announcement of void elves, RPing her became increasingly awkward and with the release of the subrace and their origin revealed, it was unavoidable for her to have been exiled.

I couldnā€™t work with that for the longest time and ultimately went with retconning her as having been booted along with Umbricā€™s more devoted for dabbling in Void magic and being left with no options after the big Cosmic Oopsieā„¢.

Sadly, she lacks a social network outside her npc research buddies so she doesnā€™t see a lot of active play even now.

I canā€™t really explain what it is but for a race/class combo so controversialā€¦ Pandaren DKs just feel right. This guy is a blast to play.

1 Like

I think its because Emperor Shaohao
He is still hanging out in pandaria and he is not a spirit
He is a Ghost
You canā€™t go more undead than that
And the pandaren have 0 problem about their revered Last Emperor is member of the electrocardiographycally challengedā€¦
The pandaren live for the moment, and the fact they died not really change this
Now in their death, they can explore the side of life/existance they a bit repressed - mainly due the whole Sha and again the Emperorā€™s law business
Rage. Hate. All the negative emotional spectrum.
And the pandaren DK was not rised to fight the living or such Scourgey thingā€¦ they were risen to be protectors
Protectors of the Lich King, Protectors of the Living, Protectors of the World from Sylvanas
They are heroes, who now have the opportunity to learn more about their side they always had but never could explore
And in the two, between life and deat, find the Balance all Pandaren strive for :panda_face:
Thoā€™ this is just my two copper :fox_face:

Level 120 at last, for all the good it does me. Time for the next grind to catch up on quests and gear.

1 Like

There probably no point in catching up on gear since shadowlands is coming

Im just playing FF 14 for the time being and oh my the story blows Wow out of the water.

1 Like

Luckly, its pretty easy
The insta 50 HoA helps a lot
And if you do the legendary cloak (Magni will fight for you, or skip almost all if you already did it on main) it gives the cloak, a nice azerite gear, a corrupted stuff, + opens the WB (with coin ,potentially 2 piece of stuff) and you have to do the main and minor invasion (donā€™t even need to do any fight, just collect boxes for 5% or do events for some larger %) with more and more chance to open some usefull stuff
From that 445 WQ galore
And on ally side Darkshore HC is up for 460 stuff ^^
Best of luck! :fox_face:

Thats not quite true
Yes, SL is comingā€¦ but never hurt to start it somewhat decent gear, + its not coming tomorrow, or next week or next month
Plenty of time to enjoy your gear :fox_face:

Oh no joke. Itā€™s what Iā€™ve been playing myself in the year+ Iā€™ve been gone, and I still feel itā€™s a much better game - both in terms of gameplay and story - than WoW has ever been even in itā€™s prime.

Unfortunately though the group I play with rarely got time to play together of late which does take away the fun a bit, and coupled with the fact they announced the next patch would be delayed due to COVID-19, I figured to see how WoW has been while I was gone.

But I definitely havenā€™t quit FFXIV. Resubbing the moment the next patch hits. What server/datacenter are you on?

And remember. A smile better suits a hero. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I play on the chaos data center and the louisoix server.
Damn that line got me im on stormblood now and oh my I dont think any character hits me like Haurchefant he was just a true friend. the scions are cool but H is just on another level.

1 Like

On FF14 Iā€™ve one thing to say

weebs

1 Like

Well what are the odds, thatā€™s where I play. Gotta make sure to add each other when I resub, Iā€™m Tyrinne Forestspring over there.

And youā€™re in for a treat with Shadowbringers oooohh boy, itā€™s been called among the best not just by MMO standards but by RPG standards and rightfully so.

(I canā€™t post on Tyrinne atm, realm transferred her last night. Caved in after allā€¦ Though I transferred with tokens still)

1 Like

Ahh nice mines is Umbara Pulrim (DRG)

I canā€™t grasp how people play several games at once. Have you somehow shed your mortal frailties and left behind the need for food and sleep by way of ancient tibetan rituals?

Or just a tub of coffee?

2 Likes

Aww, donā€™t tell me Iā€™ve passed away, and only my disembodied spirit plays these games to cling in to the mortal world :ghost:
Not that bad actuallyā€¦
But jokes aside, playing several (preferably F2Pā€¦ ) games are kinda healthy to keep your interest ā€œaliveā€
Grinding for AP, azerite, reputation, essence, god knows what eventually becomes for me too monoton and even the RP canā€™t break the ennui, even with the several alts
So I play SW:ToR, Star Trek Online and AION (and several PbP forum RP and tabletop RP) to break this - an hour of this, an hour of that, today this, tomorrow that - yeeeeah I desperatly try to escape reality :fox_face:
But my ā€œmainā€ Game is WoW non the less, and logging on in a different world is nice and revigorating - at least for me, and almost 40, so not some youngster full of energy and vitality!
Its not tricky, just time managment
ā€¦but ancient tibetan rutials invilving a tub of coffee also helps :blush: