General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

Well Damien would never go to the Shadowlands, unles forced, but even then would try to escape
And hearing what awaits in Da Other Side, he would double, no, triple his efforts to become a full fledged Demon to avoid that :smirk:
But, my point exactly… SL is… uhh… a bit hard for RP I think

Well, you’re not denying it. :eyes:

The way I understand it, it will be a Draenor deal with The Champyun ending up in the afterlife, drawn into the Maw as everyone is since Legion but escaping, learning the score and working with a covenant to correct the imbalance. Others arrive later as Azeroth’s wider cast are needed for stories.

You wouldn’t really need to die to get to the shadowlands with Sylvanas deliberately shattering the veil between the planes at anchor in icecrown so you’re likely to have a portal by Bolvar’s throne or something like that.

Anyway, the philosophical questions are interesting but it’s not quite so simple as people knowing where they’ll end up and gaming the system. There’s an infinite amount of varied afterlives, apparently with the ones we visit being a few of the big, influential ones.

See thats my main problem
Let’s put aside the “fact” how Chronicles described it: The Shadowlands are nightmarish realms of decay, labyrinthine spiritual planes teeming with the souls of the dead who have passed from the world of the living.
Sylvanas “Plan” makes 0 sense… the Arbriter judges souls and sort them out, you go here, you there and so on
But these souls are from all ower the universe (and God, I hope - unlike the Legion - SL will not it transcends all universes… because then the situation is even worse!), the Banhsee’s pact mean basically nothing, on Earth 56 to 60 million people die each year and unlike Azeroth (wich is way larger then Earth, someone calculated its size via the Sword of Sargeras and the cutscene) we are not activly murdered by left or right by monsters and world ending events… mulitply this with the number of habitable planets with sentinent life (we know Azeroth is not the last planet with such life) and the number is close to unimaginable!
The Jailor wanted power - at least how we know - and Sylvanas victims fueledd the Maw! Great, cool… but ultimately and insignificant little number compared the daily income
Sure this not really affects RP, but anoying, and eventually anyone would with one or two working braincells IC would point that out without any OCC knowledge, since these are IC facts - and logical blackholes always ruins immersion and fun :sob:
Well at least for me :smirk:

"Members of the Alliance and Horde will manage to enter the Shadowlands with the help of Bolvar Fordragon and his death knights, and will directly be sent into the Maw. Thanks to the connection some of the heroes of Azeroth have to their world-soul, a number of them will be able to leave the Maw and travel the realms of the dead, being the first to do this kind of feat, and become known as the Maw Walkers. "

Not the best of setups if you asks me for any RP
Anyhow just my usualy friday mumbling ^^

Regardless of them making portals for lore characters and soldiers to enter, this just seems like a grand opportunity for a new golden age of player and guild generated roleplaying in the living world.

1 Like

Dream diary episode 75.

RENIN!

Flashback to the 90’s. A pc game made in the Quake 2-3 era with all its blocky graphical glory. You awaken in a museum as Renin, an ancient egyptian princess but you haven’t been reborn in glory. It’s the year 2050 and the world is a cyperpunk dystopia. A combination of the nanotech used to preserve your mummified form and the divine will of Osiris and Ma’at has made you a superhero for this new dark age and your wraps and burial artefacts become weapons as part of an armoured suit powered by ancient magic.

On your journey to right the wrongs of this new world shaken far from Ma’at’s truth and righteousness you have a familiar; the animated canopic jar who dispenses suggestions and advice as you hunt down stolen grave goods to upgrade your divine mummy armour.

What remains strongest in my mind is the upgrade inventory screen, attaching adornments, amulets, a golden burial mask and more to the increasingly ornate powered armoured undead avenger, magical guns and all. And the box art. It was all extremely 90’s.

New hunter time. Undead, void elf, zandalari or orc? I have ideas for each and it’s so hard to decide.

I have a Void Elf Hunter is its a pain in the nether reagion to find a pet that is fitting and void themed enough (the void panthara is the closest Sabuul or whats its name) and for spirit beast practically impossible (Gara the purple void wolf a maybe but Elves + wolves… never soudned fitting for me)
Zandalari with spirit rapotrs, raptors, T-rex, triceratorps, Raid and WB with zandalari themed armors… very easy
Undead is a bit similar like the vodies, hard to find a thematic pet (of course tastes are different) not maybe only a plague ridden bear that looks undead pet enough…?
Orc + wolves are time tested classic… but borring as hell imho

Go void elf.

I’d say Zandalari but I’m incredibly biased (I’m rebuilding my alt roster on Tarren Mill and have fallen in love with them, half my new alt list is Zandalari… oops)

You are welcomed on our next ZAA meeting ( Zandalari Altoholics Anonymous) - that 12 step method really works and helps
With their help I found my way
Do you have time to talk about our lord and savior N’Zoth?

Would it have to be void themed, though? Affinity for animals probably survives since one’s old ranger/farstrider days and it’s canon that hunters keep all manner of crazy pets.

It’s a tightly defined aesthetic that I enjoy, wrangling dinosaurs.

And the skeletal birds, spiders and other crawlies.

It’d probably be your most stereotypical warsong or frostwolf, treating their big doggo like blood kin.

1 Like

My two cents only, but I think while a Void elf’s affinity remained, not the other way aroud
The animals could sense danger and if not trained to birth to accept something not natural to them (like the smell of snakes scare most of the horses) they will avoid it
Now you can’t really find something more unnatural than to be void-infused, the primal force of the abscence of Light and “Not-that-evil-but maybe” force of mind twisting preception warping emptiness, possibly destruction?
I think anything not void-related could feel this, especially the animals
It was an important ponint in my hunter’s life after became Void Elf, his friends and family-like animal compainons… not recognized him and afraid, rebelled, ran away… attacked and that was worse to him than the scorn and hatred the Alliance could ever present and was “forced” to seek out similar victims of the void, kindred spirits/animals (kindred spirit-beast, sorry the pun) and at one point even tried to build one, since mechanocats don’t judge and could be programed to accept him
It was sad, but cool rp point
But my two copper only :heart:

Just mind-control the pet. :thinking:

Bad void elf, bad!
Smack your nose with a rolled up newpaper
The bond between Hunter and Pet is sacred, not a forced servitude like the warlock-Demon relationship (tho the Succubi would argue that)
No mind controlling!
Now go to your room young lady and think about it!
And no long-distance sending spells for a week!

It seems the obvious answer. If not that, the world has a wealth of adorable wiggly bug things of arguably old god origin to win over with a treat.

2 Likes

Sooo… Void elves with Blood elf skin… and blue eyes
*Do the happy Worgen dance *
I’m happy for you High Elf fans!
Who am I kindig, I am one of them
MĂĄzl tov!
Tho’ I’m curious… how many Belf players will migrate to Alliance side and how many void elf remain purple :thinking:

I like it.
to be honest it didn’t make sense to me that Alleria, who ate a Void Naaru, looked normal most of the time, and the elves exposed to a void explosion looked like blueberries all the time.
Also it seems like Belves get blue eyes as well, so Highelven Aesthetics for everyone (except normal hair for velves)

Is that actually confirmed or just another updated visual leak?

I liked the old pink look, though I have several void elves now and I wouldn’t change them all if I could. I play void elves, not high elves.

They suffered very different fates to become what they are so this was never strange. Alleria is unique and not the same as the void elven population.

What is this? Communism? I thought Blizzard got rid of peon day.

1 Like