[Generic]{Interesting}(Topic) [1] 🏳

I got an Atari 2600 too, it cost to me almost a wage at the time and I recall that my father was upset because he believed that it spoil the tv set :joy:

Great fun anyhow.

3 Likes

[unrelated gif posting now when I found out i can and how to do it]

7 Likes

[finally catches up what the thread has moved on to]
[prolonged deep squeaking thinking]
[realises I’m old enough to remember irl mono colour screens] :expressionless:

5 Likes

I almost killed myself playing until exhaustion with Q*bert. :smile:

3 Likes

We are very old people, and when the Apocalypse happens, in the crumbling ruins, we will be the ones in the rags, the tatters, the gatherers of names, the keepers of the dead, who hustle them around the burning fire in the brazier, and intone the holy words “There was once a time, when ‘Space Invaders’ was a game, not a strategic destruction of our world…how simple it seemed back then, to hide beneath bunkers and dread their destruction, to think that firing back would win this war, and now, look at our darkened and benighted world, bereft of power, of sanctity, of hope, what is left to us? Naught, naught I say but the rallying cry of humanity during that time. “Nerr Nerr Nerr Neeerrr, Nerr Nerr Nerr Neeerr” Remember these words well, children of Earth, for they shall herald a new beginning!”

5 Likes

Amen! :pray:

alright, i want Brigante to write and voice over for a new crystal ball toy who i propose to introduce to give me a briefing or info on some building, zone etc. in game

like Siri

like when i go pass grand hall in Ogri i may ask:
Brigante, who is the Warchief now?

3 Likes

[Brigante is typing]

[generic welcome]
[interesting convo about forum vacation]?

1 Like

[shows off her latest drawing, but since its one those generic threads, you have to use your imagination to “see” what did Az draw. ]

1 Like

:thinking:

Generic drawings :smile:

3 Likes

What happened here…? xD

1 Like

Almost like my latest drawing yes. You and I must be twins !

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9HdSmjBCr4/

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9HdSmjBCr4/

I don’t think, I’m much like an a$$-holeination rogue :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh, we match well then. I am I am Bit… I mean Lich Queen. I am good at Liching and snapping fingers.

2 Likes

Umm…umm…I mean that could happen, I mean that is my actual full time job “Voice Actor” I mean I’m loving doing the book work, but I wouldn’t mind breaking into computer game VA stuff, I’ve done a few freebie pieces here and there, but yeah, that would be cool. (This said, I am raging,) I’ve been slogging for years to get into VA work, my younger cousin, who is an actual proper ‘luvvie’ as in stage school and all that, waltzes into doing the VA work for one of the Christmas adverts for a major supermarket chain in the UK just gone!. Damn it! He is supposed to be on stage, I’m the VA actor! Gutted! I kid, I’m super made up for him, but heck, I can’t grumble too much, I’ve landed a five book audiobook series to record! humblebrag

I would so love to do an upper class version of WoW’s ‘Satnav’ however…

“Brigante, who is the Warchief now?”

“Ah, well, glad you asked me that old thing, its a bit messy, we sort of don’t have one, frightfully embarrassing, we keep seeming to lose them with rather indecent haste, I mean it is sort of Baine, but at the same time, sort of not, well, dash it all, it seems to be a triumvirate, with Baine, Lor’themar and Thrall, oh, and everyone else seems to be chipping in below that, its all a bit of a muddle, and don’t even get me started on who is the Forsaken racial leader, it really is a bit of a palaver”

4 Likes

What exactly does the ‘Voice Actors’? it’s something like dubbing actors of foreign movies?

Mmmm… can you do Gollum ?

It can mean that, sure, a person who dubs foreign movies is a Voice Actor. It basically is the same as an Actor, but instead of them playing themselves on cinema, they are portraying a role that they are not physically acting, so for example, every voice you hear, in Warcraft, from Anduin, to Lor’themar, to your average Stormwind Footman, is all done by Voice Actors, who are paid professionals who record spoken word for dubbing films, for acting the part in movies where the character is CGI, like, uh, like Toy Story, I mean Woody and Buzz Lightyear are all done by animation, but the voice actors are Tom Hanks for Woody, and Tim Allen for Buzz Lightyear. Sure, they are both flesh and blood actors, but in that film they provided the voices instead. Voice Actors tend to do a lot of foreign movie dubbing, animated films, voice overs for advertisements, computer games, and audio books. Every time you click on an NPC in WoW, that’s a Voice Actor who recorded that part.

I can, as it happens. Probably not as well as Andy Serkis, the famed voice actor who did Gollum, as well as Caesar from the recent Planet of the Apes films, but I can do a pretty neat Gollum, yeah! Fun Fact, Andy Serkis actually did the voice of Gollum (as well as being the CGI actor) by basing the voice on the wheedling voice of his young kid when they wanted a treat or a favour from daddy! I did actually do a freebie VA piece for someone who made a WoW animation based on Grommash, which I distinctly remember killed my bloody throat to do, as I was having to do an Orcish Voice, but it is on YouTube somewhere.

4 Likes

Preach Brother!

1 Like

[Generic post from DH apologist]
Are you certain any of this is real?”.

1 Like