Geya'rah - Involve her in the future story

Sounds a damn lot like Garrosh’s “Honor never forsake it” while bombing schools and genociding people.

Except this time its “Honor means everything to us” while fighting for the most dishonourable organisation on Azeroth…

And that surprises you because…?

Have we forgotten that the Mag’har attempted to incinerate Stormwind not long ago by using a giant Iron Star?

Behold the “Honor” of the Mag’har. They disgust me. PURGE THEM.

1 Like

That’s not an argument, Arctie. Everything disgusts you.

3 Likes

Stormwind doesn’t. Kul Tiras doesn’t.

1 Like

Wise you are in all things.

Well i would expect her to have a more old school orc kind of honor. Remember her teacher/fatherfigure is Grommash Hellscream.

At least they could keep the Mag’har honor consistent unlike the clusterf… we see with Saurfang, for example.

3 Likes

“Never trust an elf”

2 Likes

I mean we are all Theorizing that Saurfang is going to meet Thrall and try to pursuade him to retake the Throne of the Horde.
For Thrall to refuse, before returning with him back to Orgrimmar to learn the StTe of the Horde.
While lecturing Saurfang about Why he cannot reclaim the Throne.
Or rather don’t want.

Until the Dark rangers appear and attempts to kill them both only for Vol’jin to appear as a spirit and save them.
They then prepare to bust Baine out and you the Horde player gets invited to help them.
Becoming honorless.

Thrall then makes a speech about Horde fighting horde is not the way to go.
Traveling to Speak with Sylvanas.
Whom then reveals the Actions of Saurfng and Baine to Thrall.
A heated debate will pass between the Two Before Thrall leaves untouched as Sylvanas does not wish to fight him if she can Avoid it.

In 8.3.5.
Depending on your Choice to rescue Private Baine or not.
Sylvanas will treat you accordingly.

1 Like

For Turalyon it works well, you’re fighting Sylvanas faction of evil. But with Liadrin…

HIGHLY debatable.

Debatable.

In my opinion, Saurfang is honourable and that Geya’rah “kill those people who didn’t harm as at all!” is a joke.

She wants to kill Draenei who has NOTHING to do with what is going on on Draenor because… Ummmm… Reasons!

And… Uhhhh… Light is so bad!

conveniently proceed to ignore Blood Elves who are so high on the Light that their eyes glow the same as Lightforged

1 Like

Personal bias is rather understandable after several generations of prosecution and animosity.

Turalyon wanted to kill Faol on sight simply for being an undead.

And the LF aren’t that different from the Lightbound. Their only difference is that they are still about words and not actions. But, at least given their dialogues in the Horde side of Island expeditions and the sort, their mindset regarding those that reject the Light seems rather similar.
It’s logical for Geyarah to think the way she does. At least with the information she has so far.

Regarding the topic itself, i doubt they want to mix different timeline characters. But that said, i’d be perfectly fine if Geyarah grew to overshadow Thrall as the new leading voice amongst orcs.
At least, she isn’t “tainted” with external influence regarding the orc culture. And i think every leader should be an iconic paragon of what their race is supposed to be.
Saurfang is excessively influenced (both in mindset and current actions), by the Alliance. Better to either let him retire or die at last in this expansion.

Orcs need fresh blood.
IMHO.

1 Like

You omitted the part where she cooperates with Blood Elves who are absolutely drunk with that evil Light.

1 Like

While currently greatly influenced by it, they aren’t still as defined by its creed as the Lightforged and, to a lesser extent, the rest of Alliance races.
Plus, i’ve haven’t seen the Maghar interact with the likes of Liadrin, yet. Maybe they will in fact clash ideologically.

Just as we haven’t seen the Void elves interact with the Lightforged. Or with the Demon Hunters.

Geyarah only knows that there are Draenei here, a segment of them quite similar to the ones that destroyed her planet, and that are currently fighting against the ones that saved her and her people.
Blizzard hasn’t really bothered developing the Mag’har outside their starting area and quest intro.

No, they won’t clash. The issue won’t be addressed at all.

Geya’rah is going to hate the guts of all the Light’s users conveniently ignoring Liadrin and her constant “Shadows cannot abide by the Light!” or whatever nonsense.

Ok, so all Alliance races are perfectly vindicated to hate the guts of everything that resembles an orc?

1 Like

What do you mean? Saurfang is the hero/champion the Orcs stride to be. Nor is he being “influenced” by the Alliance in any way. All Anduin did was confront him on how he actually feels and gave him the choice to act on it.

I know you dislike Saurfang but he is a ideal Orc and represents what the Orcs SHOULD be. Don’t smear it because you don’t like it.

Compare him to Geya’rah who we have seen :

Want to kill all the Draenei because of the Lightbound which are unrelated to out timeline.
Suppression the Orge’s despite the Iron Horde “changing their ways”
Wants to fight against tyranny and thos’ seeking to freedom despite them being the ones doing it.

Ye what an amazing new leader we have.

Do you just want every Horde leader to be evil and/or monsters to fir the “Horde is evil” fantasy?? Is there anything else we can do to ruin the Horde even further?

2 Likes

They often do (not always with orcs specifically). I pointed out Faols case.

Before the Storm showcases the specific case of animosity against Forsaken people simply for being undead.

And i said bias is understandable, not vindicated.

For the same reason Void elves and Lighforged will never clash.
Difference being that the dichotomy between LF and VE is even more ingrained in their racial identity, whilst Blood elves aren’t all like Liadrin.

But, if Blizzard wants to ignore said differences, they will. For both factions mind you.

It’ll be as simple for them as saying that Geyarah was biased against Draenei in general, that the LF see favourably the Lightbound actions, or that after the initial clash and the ongoing war, the Mag’har have enough reasons to hate the LF/Alliance, to make their initial premise for it become irrelevant.
A wide number of reasons.

I love that sentence.

4 Likes

Disagree.
And he was influenced by the Alliance to the point he rather leave the orc faction he commanded, because of some unresolved PTSD and a vague sense of what he considered honour.

To much baggage.
Leave him be neutral or finally have his honourable death.

But, i understand if people disagree on that. Matter of opinions.

She was raised on old-school orc values, has undiluted racial sense and puts the wellbeing of her race first.
True, she sports some personal bias against a particular race and creed, which seems reasonable given the background.
And also displays a fierce sense of freedom regarding external influences, which we as players have yet to see have any kind of impact on the story as we don’t have a single quest or plot regarding her after the initial induction into the faction.
A flawed leader with lot of potential.

Yes, just like Garrosh was, she is a blank sheet for the orc story.
Hope Blizzard handles her better.

I rather take her, and have an engaging new story and beginning for the orc race. The rest are already excessively tainted by a pretty bad story.

???

It’s true…
Anduin leaned forward intently. “There’s an opportunity here if we’re bold enough to take it. Sylvanas gave the Forsaken life. Of course they follow her. But the Alliance turned away from them. All we had to offer them were names—‘ deaders,’ ‘rotters.’ We viewed them with fear. Disgust. We couldn’t even fathom that they were people.”
“Were,” Genn said. “They were people. Once. They’re not any longer.”
“We’ve chosen to see them that way.”

Page 89

Yes, there are specific cases of the animosity that bred through actual actions, but throughout the novel, it’s emphasised several times that the common folk of Stormwind (and some high ranking members too), hate them simply for being undead.

That’s why Turalyon almost killed Faol.

1 Like

I didn’t question that. I’m just enjoying myself.

1 Like