Give bolvar a break

I know there’s probably a lot for him in store considering the well invested introduction of his daughter and such. But I sincerely hope this guy gets a well deserved break.

I think he’s generally well liked and a fan favorite. Lorewise, he had it pretty damn hard. Devoting his life as a royal bodyguard while being unknowingly manipulated by Onyxia. Send off to a battle he could not win at the wrathgate only to linger half alive in poison and dragonfire. Tortured by the LK to eventually sacrifice himself to be a eternal jailor. That being perhaps the only choice he made himself, cause prior to this he was just following orders.

I really like this guy and especially as a DK, I thought I saw some buildup towards him being an actually very powerfull ally in some conflict to come. For him to be asskicked by Sylvanas this way, it’s just humiliating.

I loathe Sylvanas since day 1, she’s Garrosh squared tenfold. I’ll credit that to good writing, but a part of writing is also good balance. Now, we can assume that Bolvar wasn’t as a powerfull as Arthas as the LK since he didn’t have Frostmourne. But that on itself is an explaination. How the hell did Sylvanas become one of the, of not THE most powerfull being in existance?

She beat 2 fan favorites in 2 cinematics time for crying out loud. Without even breaking a sweat. Come on man, Saurfang, brother of Broxx, the one that physically harmed Sargaras himself.

Maybe I should’ve titled my post ‘nerf Sylvanas’ instead

5 Likes

Don’t you know wow story is just intern sylvanus fan fic? Common man.
I bet their gonna give the whole “Rastakhan” treatment to Bolvar, aka take a cool character that fans wanted them to do some stuff for a long time and replace them with their less interesting daughter/child. Can’t wait for it to happen to Thrall.

2 Likes

i’m sure bolvar will be fine we’re going to need a tour guide after all :stuck_out_tongue: as we wreck the shadowlands in our eternal quest for our lost spoon

1 Like

I don’t use a spoon, I use a spork you barbarian

1 Like

of course you don’t your not civilized enough to use the true power of the spoon … i pity you

An Orc managing to hurt Sargeras is ok but Sylvanas the banshee queen defeating Saurfang is not ?

Damn…

2 Likes

By using one of the strongest druidic weapons in known existence, yes.

2 Likes

that was also before titans where planet sized and planet cleaving gods. and more like the titankeepers are now in power level.

And all he did still was the equivalnt of a papercut.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it as much if we saw her struggle a bit more. Beside, a character in fiction can beat any other character because of power ups but for the fights to stay engaging you must:

1. Explain the power up, the whole she made a pact doesn’t work here and I don’t care if we get to see more about it later, that point has bugged down the story for two expansions now, it should have been more explained.

2. Make it clear what the character new powerlevel is, they just make Sylvanas effortlessly beat more and more powerful character so there is no tensions in the fight, you know as soon the purple comes out that the fight his over. At this point why didn’t she just stroll into SW and kill everybody ? If she can do that in ICC she probably has the powerlevel required to do the same in SW. That’s what happens when you put shock value before character progression, diminushing returns.

2 Likes

And Sylvanas got a power buff from the Jailer. The explanation is there but you refuse to accept it either because you hate Sylvanas or women in general?

I hope he gets butchered by the souls of those he killed during his reign.

Really?
I comment to clarify the weapon used to harm the dark titan and you call me a misogynist.
Where is the logic there?

But yes, since you do ask, I do hate Windrunner as all Gilneans do.
Her story ended with the first Lich King and so she should have stayed dead.

5 Likes

I agree my worgen friend death to the vile witch of silvermoon

1 Like

The woman card, a deadlier trap card than Mirror Force.

4 Likes

its almost as powerful as his old blood elf victim card

2 Likes

and here we have it folks, the first to pull the misogyny card

how in anyone’s right mind is it okay to crossover from a game’s fiction to actual problems in modern society? I couldn’t care less if Sylvanas is a man, woman, both or neither.

damn these milienial kids and their deck of social opression victim cards

4 Likes

The Valkyr ressurect her and make a deal with her.

She makes a deal with Helya.

Procceeds to capture Eyir.

She starts a War and kills thousands.

Bwonsamdi says she is keeping the souls she kills and he is no friend to her.

Lichking says she upsets the balance.

Lorthemar Jaina and Thalyssra say they dont recognize what kind of magic she used against Saurfang and couldnt sense it.

And people still wondering why she destroyed the LichKing because they conveniently ignore all the above hints of two years of BFA…

Nomi leaves Pandaria.

Nomi burns food.

Nomi grows larger.

I hope ya’ll are reading the signs, because Nomi has clearly made a deal with an unknown fire entity and will soon engulf the cosmos in flames if not stopped.

3 Likes

okay, this could serve as an explaination. Maybe ppl actually don’t see the hints and you have an opportunity to clarify. by all means

“It is known, it is known”

Tremble before Nomi!!!

1 Like