Give druids another chance for the Werebear

Now I know what you’re gonna say “it was a limited time reward and brining it back would make it less special”.
I get that, but I think that the werebear is a little too unique to just be kept as a feat of strength. Druids don’t get the privilege of looking at their weapon or armor in combat, all we look at are our forms.
To keep a whole form from the Guardian druids who weren’t around in 7.3 is like making a 9.3 feat of strength reward for shaman to equip 2-handers or for hunters to transmog plate sets. It’s almost a complete character appearance overhaul which is not in line at all with the rest of the rewards from the mage tower.
All the unique skins should definitely be kept for the mage tower players so they can show of their skills, or they could even make a new skin, just for the players that weren’t able to unlock the werebear. Just give the new and returning players any way of obtaining this beautiful bear.

44 Likes

Give druids another WEREBEAR, keep the originals locked like all the other MT skins.

BUT give another skins variation of it , another color with armor or not, guardians basically have 2 models (1 with many skins variations, and werebear) so it’s indeed not fair to not have access of 50% of models.

32 Likes

Also give everyone the Challenge mode weapons and armor and anything else that was ever removed cause we only had months if not years to get it! :rofl:

7 Likes

I can get behind this.

Heck, imagine werebear in colors of pvp one, or bop one.

Big neon werebear, ill pay for that ngl.

7 Likes

I started play as a druid since BfA, so for me it seems unfair that I cannot get this kind of form.
It’s not just rescin of old ones, Werebear has unique skeleton and animation, so I don’t really understand why Bliz don’t use it anymore. Just make it in new colour variations and give it for other new druids.

14 Likes

As a guy that got it done on my druid, I personally wouldn’t mind if something like a Maw version of it was added with the same skeleton, like how the Mythic+ achievement mount uses the shaman class mount/Jaina’s mount model. I would be against the return of the “old” forms, though, as it is indeed something that was worked hard on back in Legion, and which would lose it’s uniqueness if everyone could just it again.

For me, that’d be like adding back the “Of the Black Harvest” title back into the game for all warlocks, or bringing back unavailable stuff like the Corrupted Ashbringer/Atiesh.

4 Likes

No, exclusives should be kept exclusive

But they will add more skins in the future

7 Likes

You cannot assert it. Enough time has passed since the Legion and we still don’t see any another variation of Werebear.

9 Likes

I strongly support this. No need to bring back the exact MT versio, but the skeleton and when you bring it back please make it so it fits the race of the player.

8 Likes

New players didn’t know they had to play the game 5 year ago for a class appearance that changes the whole dynamic of there class…

Some of them might have only been 11years old back then…

Werebear is not just an appearance it changes the whole feel of gameplay on guardian because you no longer feel like a 4 legged slug dragging his slow as* through content.

Yes your character is moving the same speed but it feels less clunky.

11 Likes

I don’t like time based exclusivity. Make it available after a really hard achi/low drop% or anything other then “you played from march to may”.
I also find it strange how players behave when this question arise. I think it’s mostly greed. I have X and if more player have X, it will be worthless. But it’s jusp appearance in an mmo :grinning:. Wow could end next year or next month and you can shove your werebear up :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

so what you’re saying is, druids don’t get to see their weapons, so they should get a mage tower achievement locked skin? not following the trail of logic there, but the argument is much the same as the ‘why can’t any class get their mage skin from legion post legion’, and that’d be because much like doing the green fire lock quest for that skin, it becomes a trivial joke when you pass its level.
would I be up for a new mage tower with NEW appearances or skins for forms, definitely; but here is good reason why you can’t get mage tower skins, elite pvp sets, tabards and old classic mogs anymore, and why they are special for those that have them.
and for those who are saying ‘its so unfair because it has its own model’, yes, it does, that’s the entire point. otherwise the mage tower skin for druid would literally be a remodel of a standard bear form, with next to no incentive outside of ‘achievement’ to get it.

seriusly i dont care about tmog for dh weapon skins also just want for everybody two legs form ITS NOT THE SAME LIKE TMOG MOUNT TABARD you have a lot of options for them… how often i must say it…

Oh I have the bear form too, dw. But every transmog legion mage tower item is unique. Just cos your one changes your form doesn’t mean you should just get it because you want it. A new one, sure, the old one, no. Why should you get special treatment? especially if you’re gonna say ‘other people have other mogs, I just think we should get the bear one cos its unique’. people earned their appearances through doing the content at the time, you did not, either cos you didn’t play, or because you couldn’t do it. neither justifies having it given for free.

1 Like

jeez people are still crying about it, just get over it, you didnt play in legion so you don’t earn it, it’s something special for people who played legion. The werebear is only special because you cant get it anymore, if everyone would be able to get it its not special anymore so just wait for blizzard to release new models and play the game if u really want timegated stuff

3 Likes

Give every other class another chance to earn their Mage Tower appearances as well then. “Too unique” is not objective, and every class could argue their MT appearances were “too unique” to lock away forever.

Mmorpgs and other games that rely on time-played-metrics for investors, always have “had to be there” stuff. It’s going to remain that way forever, because the fear of missing out on something cool is a big reason for many people to stay subbed, even if they don’t recognise it.

1 Like

A second the same skeleton, different colour approach. So all of the snowflakes can still be special.

2 Likes

What exactly is ‘Snow Flake’ about not wanting your time and energy spent working towards something for it to be then given away at a later date?
The whole insult of someone being a snowflake is about them thinking they are special, special enough that things should be changed to meet their needs and requirements XD it sounds like your’e the snowflake.
The Ashes of Al’ar mount is still available for anyone who wants to get it, the WoW gods weren’t favorable with me and it took me around 2/3 years before it dropped. If they now made it easier to get i would still be a little salty due to the time i put in to get the stupid bird XD Does that make me a snow flake?

Your point of bringing it back but gating it behind a hard achievement or drop chance is a better response than you just being a troll lol

I have looked at your other forum posts and they all seem like you are genuinely trying to help others or ask for advice and then all of a sudden with these druid skin forums you seem to get salty real fast XD
Its a conversation not an argument, chill dude

3 Likes

You are right. Its the mentality that makes me more salty. It is not a title,nor a mount nor some transmog. As a druid you look at your shapeshifted form almost all the time. Blizzard made a form which could make playing a tank druid more fun, which could help with the playerbase. Making a skin like this exclusive is a wrong business decision. To support this out of pure greed is unhealthy mentality. I support to make it hard to get (more gametime, more money to the company) or sell it in the cash shop. They could bring back the mage tower it doesn’t really matter.
I think that nothing in a game should ever be exclusive. I could be wrong, I was wrong before.
And by the snowflake I meant people who want to feel special in a videogame, with some time-exclusive skin/title/whatever even if it is hurting the playerbase and the game.
Now that I wrote this I think this skeleton should be available from the start in the barber shop.

4 Likes

I want a drust werebear. I’d imagine it looking like those drust behemoths :heart_eyes:

6 Likes