Gj blizzard,you've done it

The law have removed many of the stabbers, but that doesn’t stop new stabbers from doing their thing. They can’t stop making scissors just because people are getting stabbed.

People aren’t asking for group finder to be removed. Just those abusing it. New stabbers should be removed proactively.

The majority of the groups in there are WTS groups.

7 Likes

I admit, they could be faster at removing them, but if reported, they do eventually get removed. While it could potentially be abused, I’m wondering if an automated system would work. ie: After a number of reports, the listing gets automatically removed

2 Likes

Statement is still valid, you can buy GOLD for money, you’re not winning anything by having gold.

Yep, without boosting and tokens the last quarterly earnings report would have surely rung some major alarm bells amongst the shareholders. All the while they can use the game to milk excess profits from those that remain then they will. Retail itself is essentially on its last legs without these services.

Well this presupposes that you can actually win anything in a video game? Winning itself can be a self defined entity. So whilst you personally may not characterize boosting for gold as winning, others surely will, including me.

There are infinite degrees of win.

Fact is the boosted players don’t mix with legit players because they lack skill.

If boosters had their own platform in the game to advertise, no one else would even notice boosting happening.

literally more boosters than players
blizzard kneels before boosters
this game is gonna be unironically dead when tbc launches and completely dead when people get bored of tbc as well, 9.1 not gonna save it

9 Likes

I mean - if I see 42 k hp priest that has 2401 cr and glad in 3s but at 1400 cr 2s he is just pressing Dispel Magic and then his Ret dies in 1 sheep because Priest refused to press trinket during my Combustion it’s obvious he is a boosted clown. Even if his Ret didn’t press bubble I wouldn’t blame it on him.

Same if 227 ilvl guy in PvE does 1/2 of DPS average player with such gear does it’s quite obvious. These boosted animals think that no one will notice but it’s extremely easy to spot. Also what I’m doing when I play 2v2s at low rating on my healers is that if I’m <1400 cr I’m accepting guy with <200 ilvl over someone with 220+ because if someone is 220+ and he is such low CR then he is a clown and he was obviously boosted/didn’t get gear from PvP. Also if guy is applying with <200 ilvl to my group it means he is confident he can win games with this gear.

Your goalpost definition of ‘winning’ doesnt really mean anything, if it still disheartening to know that there is literally a way in game for a player to just open his wallet and get carried to full mythic gear/high arena rating etc.

You might well say ‘well blizz isnt the one selling the gear/rating boost!’, which to me is a complete cop out because indirectly, they actually are. You would be a fool to think they are completely oblivious to these lfg boosters. Blizzard has the responsibility to ensure that there would be no repercussions in them deciding to sell gold themselves yet sadly what has happened is that blizzard, instead of clamping down on gold selling, has decided to cash in. You wonder why they don’t ban these people in LFG? Because those boosters are actively making blizzard money and helping to sell wow tokens. Its not in their interests at all to ban these people.

I have played many mmos over the years and i’ve come to grips with the fact that gold sellers will always be a thing in some capacity, but to see a company actively say f it and join in? This coupled with the TBC Classic milking we’ve seen recently, I dont know what else players need to realise this company doesnt care in the slightest about the player experience.

You can all stick your heads in the sand and make snide posts like ‘‘You wont be missed’’ etc whenever someone has their grievances and says there leaving, but for how long? I see posts like that every day and we as a community know that level of ignorance is quite literally killing the game.

Boosters Everywhere
TBC Turned into a lazy cash grab
Community and content creators bewildered and appalled after latest dev interview, (design team seem completely clueless)
30% of playerbase gone, Alliance side dead for the most part

How many times are we going to defend this? We said it was a slippery slope and it is, now they are going to do the same for TBC Classic too. Blizzard is completely compromised, id sooner trust a homeless addict with my wallet than this company.

11 Likes

"Aiding and or enabling in the distribution of prohibited goods is punishable by the law."

Blizzard have rules against cashing out to IRL money, but they don’t uphold them. They, by lack of inaction, aid and abet these individuals who flout their rules.

Also, there is a supply chain. If for example the stabber was a teen/child and one part of the supply chain willingly sold the kid a big kitchen knife/scissors to a minor then you can absolutely go to town, legally, on some part of the supply chain.

Just like drug distributors can be punished/sued.

4 Likes

But they already made it against the ToS 3 years ago… what else are they supposed to do, enforce it? Pfff.

7 Likes

It always amuses me that some people, including you apparently, say that it’s not pay to win unless there’s a final expression of victory in the game.

Apparently paying to win smaller victories is not paying to win.

9 Likes

The problem is,
This is not whats happening
The Law is keeping your Stabbers wandering around.
The law isnt preventing the wrong people from obtaining scissors.

The law is doing nothing while people are getting stabbed left and right

Really?

BEcause, back in my nolife days.
i count 10 Boosters at 9 AM
i counted 15 boosters at around 12 PM
i counted about 25 boosters at 6 PM
And that number was stabil untill i logged off at 8 pm.

Same boosters
same name,
same description
They where just there, constantly
I reported them,
all of them
NOTHING.

Remove the Scissors from society

4 Likes

It is a social problem, not a game design problem.

When there is supply and demand, there is market and business. It is human nature.

What is OP’s proposed solution to this problem?

None, because you can’t ban human nature.

I got 99 problems but a boost aint one.

2 Likes

It’s not a social problem. WoW is Blizzard game. They have full control over they game.
If they wanted they would cut boosting in 1 patch but they don’t want to.

The reason why is that people can only pay for boosts with gold and who can sell you gold - Blizzard. Answer is simple - money.

Blizzard could fix racial problem as well but people pay for race change. Everytime people change race to a new one whenever it’s released and then they realize that race is crap and then they change back to meta ones.

2 Likes

Tell me your solution to boosting selling problem.

It’s a tautology anyway because there is no “win” in WoW anyway. At no point is there a “final victory” there is just collection of gear and character progression and boosting is pay2progress character so I see it as contrary to the spirit of the game.

MMORPGs are as much about the experiential aspect (or should be) of earning the progress as the measure of progress itself. It’s the whole reason blizzard sink so much resources into raids and dungeons to make them look nice, feel nice and have additional qualities; it’s not about the gear, it’s the experience, and the gear is a means to an end to experience more (but also behaves as a “well done” pat).

So when people boost to shortcut the experience, they are running against what this game is supposed to be about in my opinion at least. Maybe not pay2win, sure, but this game isn’t about winning, it’s about progressing and experiencing and boosting trashes both.

ANd pay2win is trash because it undermines the point of a “win based game” (that is winning representing something meaningful) and so it goes boosting is trash for wow because it undermines the point of an experience based game.

3 Likes

It’s more like Pay2Progress.

2 Likes