Gj blizzard,you've done it

The only solution to end dungeon/raid/arena boosting is to make them solo content.

As long as dungeon/raid/arena are group content, and people can group with each other, boosting will exist.

There is NO solution to boosting.

There are ways to reduce it though, so you make it unattractive but it comes at cost of friends grouping.

You do this by making it impossible to group with people massively apart from you in terms of gear and/or rating. So for example, let’s say castle Nathria LFR requires 170 (as we know), ppl whom are ilevel 170 can only group with people who are 158-184.

People only 13 ilevels lower as less likely to want to pay a truckton for the gear, given it’s a small upgrade, and 184 people are hardly in a position to massively carry them.

Same for arena: You make it so you can only group with people ~150 rating of you. So if i’m 1400 in 2s, I can only get “boosted” by a 1550 player, or carry a 1250. No 1250 player is going to pay me 100s of ks of gold to carry them are they?
Add gear onto the pvp equation as well, so let’s say i’m 207, I can only group with people who are 197-217 say. Much less incentive for me to seek a boost given the ability of the one to do it is marginally smaller.

Extend this to the lower arena end, people whom are 184ish aren’t going to pay people in 200 gear to boost them because it will rarely work as consistently as it does now, and that’s assuming they’re even thinking it’s worth paying money to get gear only 10ish ilevels above their own.

The cost is big though, because it means you can’t group with friends whom are lesser geared than you. You could argue this should be the case in rated pvp anyway (I think this as it is a MMR activity which means competitive integrity > friendship groups) but in dungeons and raids this is a hard line to sell because no one is competing.

What about if I always got Curve since BFA but this season I’ve been kicked from my guild because I fell off with an officer? All the raid comps are already set up, no room for me… I need curve to pug raids…
Am I allowed to buy a curve this season before the end?

It’s a social problem in terms of only way to stop it is “outlawing” it in the game, means Blizzard has to actively decide to lose money in order to remove this activity from the game, as a huge part of the community would stop engaging with their game then.

Forbid boosting and ban for it?

1 Like

No no no, that would be too easy… what would Ion do… hmm… I got it! Let’s introduce timers for WQs and timers for levels! That would be awesome!

3 Likes

How?

How do you exactly do that?

Do you think every booster just advertise as “WTS boost” etc.?

How about those “Want to help people running dungeons, /w me” then discuss price and payment privately?

How do you define what is “boosting” and what is acceptable help with charge? Just ban everyone from sending or receiving gold in wow?

As long as people can group with each other, boosting will always happen, because simply there is demand and supply on the market.

The only solutions are:

1. Completely remove gold and ban any trade/transaction in game, which will never happen. Even so, people will still make transaction outside wow with real money.

2. Completely ban groups in dungeons/raids/arenas, which will never happen either.

It is impossible to ban boosting without completely banning player interaction and trading in wow. It is a social problem based on market economy and human nature. It will always exist, in one form or another.

4 Likes

Its exactly pay to win now.

With PvP boost players can get to 1800, 2100 or even 2400 depends on the money you can spend. I mean real money

You can easily become 225+ within a couple of days without going to raid or any single dungeon.

If its not pay to win, than what is it?

6 Likes

You know, hiring someone who specifically monitors the lfg and trade chat would do the trick. Even some intern could do it.

1 Like

Blizzard is killing themselves, it’s only a matter of time before all their games become meh in comparison to others.

4 Likes

Aren’t Blizzard games already “meh” at this point? Except for WoW, no other Blizzard game is going strong. Even OW struggles against TF2.

1 Like

P2W is a good thing …

I said “It’s only a matter of time before ALL their games become meh”
But yeah it’s going to happen soon. If 10.0 turned out to be a failure then it’s GG for WoW honestly

Just ban for boosting. Ban means - year disqualification from AWC. AWC players won’t risk it anymore after Zeepeye and Loony being dqued. Same goes for MDI and problem solved.

Overall I’m surprised why they don’t ban for boosting Twitch viewers for donations it’s RMT in fact.

2 Likes

A double negative actually reverses the meaning, so what you are saying here is ‘you will always do something’, when I think you MEAN to say ‘you will always do nothing’ or ‘you will never do anything’.

Unless you meant to say ‘you will always do something’, in which case, please disregard my post.

The reverse case would be if someone get drugged and smashes your car,who to blame then?

Blizzard gets money from boosts because of tokens, why would they remove it ? This game is a pathetic shell of what it used to be tbh and at this point it’s absolutely doomed, it will only get worse from there

4 Likes

Thank you all for replies and your oppinions.

Keep thread alive,or keep making new ones daily.

Im gonna upload later few screens i took this morning at 4:00 AM,with 37 wts out of 50 lfg in total.

1 Like

the moment expansion is released, with minor exceptions as critical bugs, it is considered as finished products and the team is working on next expansion.

Because they can not sell shadowlands again as remake / reloaded / reforged with better textures and resolution.

To the activision/blizz, the energy and resource put into fixing 9.0 will not bring any worthy money back.

You’re mistaking it with teams like Hello Games or Crate that are still developing FREE content and upgrade patches years after the game and expansions were released.

Do you have any evidence for that?

I remember people getting upset for getting a 1 day ban, back in BFA. Ever since, I’ve not heard of any major ban action for advertisers in the LFG tool. I’ve also not witnessed any harsher penalties for repeat offenders.

While I’m sure that my anecdotal evidence of them not taking actions is not a very good argument, I’d genuinely like to see, or at least hear, from people who got banned for using the LFG tool as a platform to advertise their services.

If they actually do ban people, and put out longer penalties for repeat offenders, I’d believe that statement. But I’ve sadly not heard about any of these things happening, ever since the 1 day ban.