Gnome fury warrior...can I even do this?

I’d like to pick gnome for my warrior because escape artist is just broken in pvp for this class…however not having the weapon skill bonus could suck in pve obviously.

So how does it usually work for non human warriors? Are we supposed to get non sword loot (axes and stuff), and to get edgemasters for the +7 weapon skill? And once we do, can we provide relatively similar dps to human warriors?

Thanks

Whole APES are gnomes and they got all first kills. No reason to pick human in a game where the endcontent is doable with 15 green geared level 50s.

2 Likes

Human weapon skill won’t change things so drastically, I mean you’re still a warrior. I highly doubt that (except really hardcore guilds) someone will take other warrior just because of race, and not gear, skill, being a nice player and all.

I think it can be important for tanking, to miss less and gain more threat, but don’t think it affects dps that much, probably very small amount.

3 Likes

the other problem I have is that I really hate how gnomes look like for warriors, I just do. BUT their racial is so op in pvp.

What do you think should be prioritized? Liking your character visually, or playing the one with the best pvp racial?

In the end you’re the only person who can make a decision there. What do you think? You’re the one who’ll have to play the character, after all. Potentially for a long time.

Personally I prioritize personal preferences over racials. But that may not be true for everybody.

Yeah human warriors do about 2-3% more dps. Escape artist won’t help you beat frost mages.

Are you sure? Sounds like a pretty big deal to me to have it honestly

1 Like

It has a 0.5 sec cast time and you will be rooted by a Frost Mage soon again. It also used to have a chance to fail, but I don’t remember if that’s the case in Classic. I’d roll a Gnome only if you were in love with its looks, and not its racial. They are rather subpar.

Above and beyond racial passives and skills, gnomes are clearly the master race in Azeroth so I say go for it.

1 Like

0.5 sec cast time is nothing. Frost Nova has a cooldown. Frostbite is RNG. Escape Artist is objectively better than other racials and give you a fighting chance where you otherwise wouldnt have had one.

Saying Gnome Warrior is subpar tells me you lack PvP experience.

3 Likes

You’re off your rocker if you think escape artist is going to stop a frost mage from kiting a warrior.

Depends on how good you are with your charges + potential rocket boosts… as well as how lucky you are with crits.
… Yeah, you’re still at a horrid disadvantage, but at least you stand some kind of chance, where a human would be utterly boned.

Either way, I’m still gonna say to follow your heart first and foremost. If your heart is saying you should have another CCbreaker, go tiny. If your heart is saying Gnomes are silly and stupid, go for something else.

I say go for the gnome. The stew is amazing and the drumsticks… just divine.

Nom nom nom.

2 Likes

If you can stomach to look something so hideous.

Escape artist is very much worth it.

Remember to make it balding with pink beard.

The plus to weapon skill is a major advantage vs boss mobs and just mobs and people of higher level but it’s not the end all be all in pvp. Assuming that you’re the same level.

Escape Artist+Spider Belt.
No, it won’t guarantee you the win, but it’s pretty dang strong.

FAP and no gnomes

2 Likes

you beat me to the joke

Go Dwarf if you don’t want those annoying 30 min diseases in pve.
End game I can’t say yet. Never leveled a melee dwarf in Vanilla.

You’ll be universally hated as a gnome. But there’s no reason aside from being an outcast to not pick gnome.