Gold Making

I am new to gold making and i don’t know how to start.

I was wondering if herbalism and mining are a good way to make gold.
I have seen that people make a lot of gold from flipping things on the auction house but i dont have alto of gold to start doing that (I only have around 30k)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Farming rare mounts

Expulsom gives the most monie for most items

Raw mats don’t sell for much anymore because of multiboxers

2 Likes

Work in Goldshire for a month you will make alot

1 Like

Specially if you use a worgen

… I wonder why

2 Likes

Because communityy

1 Like

Gráinne’s Gold Guides Consultancy Services speaking:

up to 50K: farm old raids for a week

up to 250K: farm old raids for a month

up to 1M: herb (might as well mine as well while you’re there) in Nazjatar 24/7 while farming old raids

1M+: git gud and sell boosts

10M: get your MBA in TSM and manipulate the AH.

Our Billing Department will be in touch about our TL;DR Service Fees.

Have A Nice Day!

(Oh, and stop spending gold. That bit is free.)

First, get yourself a starting stake. Repeating all the WoD raids on LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic (you can do all difficulties in the same lockout) will get you about 25K from vendoring the drops before reset. You can pick up another 15K-25K from Mists LFR + Heroic and Cata raids. ICC, Naxx and Ulduar are also worth doing.

That gets you a little gold to start investing.

Learn Herbalism and Mining and make your home in Nazjatar for hours and hours and hours. (Not for me, thanks. Other places maybe if I needed the gold; not Nazjatar! but tastes are tastes).

Repeat as needed. OK, now you have a little cash, you need to learn the art of making it make more. This involves sitting in the AH a lot, gambling by buying stuff cheap that you think you can re-sell for a profit. You will want at least the addons Auctionator and Trade Skill Master and learn to use TSM. There are videos on YT. Also read up on https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/ and https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/sylvanas and above all WATCH YOUR SERVER PRICE PATTERNS.

There won’t be any real opportunities until 8.3 in January, but keep your eye on the news of what will be in demand.

12 Likes

people often want to sell expensive things for big gain, but bigger gain is on selling many things cheap.

Observe your realm market, find a hole - fill it in.

I have tried using TSM, but I uninstalled it just yesterday as it actually slowed me down as it needs filters and too much time, and lacks on-go dynamics and tries to automate too much. Only good feature TSM has is sniping, but for me TSM is overrated and over hyped.

1 Like

I agree TSM is a MAJOR pain. Cosmic-level pain to learn and set up, and mere regular hell to use. BUT the key for me was in your main point

That’s what I found as well. I don’t like sitting in the AH pressing buttons. That’s not what I stay here for. And the one thing that TSM does superbly is managing a large and diverse stock of items. Got your groups set up for flasks? for ore? for transmog? for pets? for gems? You’re good to go once you have TSM fully stocked with rules, whereas with Auctionator you are always making one-by-one comparisons and decisions.

If I was just selling 5 or 10 things, I could use Auctionator no problem, but when my banker has multiple full bags of stuff, I’m just not dragging and dropping them one by one.

There is another addon AuctionFaster that I tried. If I was playing the AH today, but with a relatively few lines, and those only consumbles and other regulars, I’d consider it.

I haven’t kept up with what’s going to happen when the AH changes in 8.3, btw, so I may be behind the curve on that.

1 Like

Thing is I make my 5 million during next weeks faster by manually deciding, than spending 2 - 3 weeks setting up TSM for every single thing. As they say - time is money (namely I plan quit with 8.3 until 10.0 - unless I learn that they change things that annoy me as is for now) and I literally have no time to waste hour upon hour manually set a filter for every single item that TSM thinks I should. So its quicker to check realm economy on Undermine journal, observe it a bit and unleash hell upon it.

If there would be “pre-set filters” for TSM it maybe useful addon to pick up, but it takes way too time from 0 to hero. I checked few filters it had on-line, but those didn’t even recognise one of my highest selling items I use for a void I fill and make my core income for Longboi :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess it does depend on person too - and realm. For example I am in a large and very dynamic realm where literally everything sells. I could sell gnomes too if I capture any running in Boralus !

And then if I wait for 8.3 and don’t quit and new items come, then I’d need against spend too much time setting filters. So yeah it maybe nice add-on when you have used it year or few and have already gained all those filters over time, but if you aim to make a lot of gold in surges - like i.e. within month or two like I intend, then one simply has no time to waste on this.

Also i multi account, my AH character is always next to AH, while my other characters run about and play, so its irrelevant for me either, I can tab-scan and tab-stare journal and decide. My brain loves pattern detection and multitasking. Hence I have multi accounts begin with-

1 Like

So is Herbalism a good way to start earning or do you suggest a different way for me just stating out.
I am also not that good at flipping things as i dont know what is going to sell if i try and flip it for more.

new player shouldn’t flip things at all. Fliping comes with risks, and you really need time to observe your realm market and read on side what is trend and what Blizzard plans to change or remove, and certain items you must buy and hold. I strongly advise against flipping as newcomer.

Now what you should do - let say herbalism. Go to your AH and scan all (you really need an AH addon !)- at start Kultiran and nazjatar herbs. See if any stands out. In my realm currently for some reason Nazjatar herbs made huge price jump past week.

Then also watch out seasons and what happens in M+ and raids. Herbs for invisibility potions, or invisibility potions are on demand; raid potions may go well at start of reset or after week-end (depends heavily on realm and realm raid schedules, must observe separately!) .

At times you have to look for voids in market and fill them in before regilar farmers-sellers come online (that’s how I have sniped herb sells which i normally do not, I am too lazy to gather myself !)

Herbing and mining can sell well, herbing especially, but you have to keep eye on low and high tides. Never sell your goods too cheap, hold them if market is temporarily full. Or find an alchemist to turn herbs into something else if your realm requires it. Remember each realm (and faction in those realms!) is very different.

2 Likes

ironically i have caved in and gotten tsm yesterday (wasnt using any ah addons whatsoever up to this point) and what can i say…im absolutely lost. :rofl: feels like i need a phd in tsm to manage that thing.

this was me yesterday:

2 Likes

I tried it for one hour posted few actions, but its UI is not very on level of modern UI logic and graphics, and then I disabled it for the sake of auctionator, I’ve been using ever since I was a young elf.

And speaking of which someone has found my ‘hole’ middle of night, now I must go find another hole, and this requires coffee. I guess time to pull out some big guns and mounts …

Welcome to AH wars, ahahahaha.

1 Like

selling boosts is the best way to make gold imo.

do dungeons, keep upgrades and gold, play game, meet new people, have fun

1 Like

This made me laugh. :rofl:

2 Likes

I installed TSM before and tried the “Trade Flipping” and that require time to catch the cheap and sell it for more, most realms are already manipulated by 100s if not 1000s of players that do that

and as for boosting, i really hope blizzard deal with this awful shi*t honestly

and next season is gonna be full of those bastards who are going to fill trade chat with boosting, since the reward for mythic plus has been changed where u have to do +15 keys to get the highest gear

Well, then, old raids and Herbalism (might as well take Mining to double up on your time) in Nazjatar will have to do for now. You can learn to do the AH over time. You don’t have to start by relying on it.

And now I look and see according to your armoury that you don’t have flying? Herbing really isn’t going to pay off if you’re riding from spot to spot, especially in Nazjatar.

1 Like

I got Pathfinder today :slight_smile:

I am levelling up a druid and i will try and do herbalism for now

2 Likes

Gives advice like this…wonder why faction is dying…

Expulsom is soulbound though?