Goldshire kid preying hub? What to do about it?

We have had instances on this server of prisoners being set to kneel and executed by a pistol shot to the back of their head. As imagery goes to play out, that is extremely mature, and quite weighted in real life accounts. We’ve had very graphic moments happen in very public places such as sever campaigns. My point isn’t one of deflection, it’s that you can’t decry one and accept the other, you have to be willingly to uphold all behavior to the same standards if you are truly committed to making an atmosphere on this server that is appropriate to a younger audience, because AD fails in that regard and in more ways than just its sexual content.

1 Like

Aye, agreed on that.

Generally we’re dealing with the idea that sex should not involve children, and is not necessarily something that people should display publically.

Violence is something children are not protected from the views of. Generally, violence in pictures is something that children are exposed to everywhere. Children play soldiers, they don’t play prostitutes.

2 Likes

Whenever I’m reading through threads like this, I’m experiencing deja vu. People keep bringing up the same points over and over until the thread gets locked up by a GM.

Children play soldiers yes, they don’t play execution of defenseless prisoners USSR style however.

Difference is that sexual content is tied to an aspect (sexuality and self image) of you as person and also the predatory underline is what makes it stand out from violence.

1 Like

Aye but the point is, if as has been said before and we are to act in a way roleplayer, are to have a code of conduct that goes in line with the rating of the game. What is an acceptable level of violence or dark themes to expose a younger person to? It is difficult to discuss one with out the other, when all of them need to be accounted for if that is a goal you want to realistically meet

This. And yes, children play with violence of all sorts… At least in my culture they do. Children introduced to sex by wrongful means have harder times dealing with it mentally… There are tons of studies proving this, hence all the laws regarding handling of p-ornographic content and the likes. Also why most kids are introduced to sex through sex-education in the majority of countries nowadays.

Sex is a big no-no. in public spaces.

I don’t get how it’s such a big deal. You can do anything you want privately… Nobody is trying to steal your pleasure. But NOBODY, not kids, not adults… Want to see your kinks, they don’t interest the vast majority of people.

And the fact that the game is played by kids should just be a red flag for you.

We don’t want to see that u’re turned on by cats or whatever else. It is annoying for the rest of us to witness, and completely wrong in a zone that kids want to play violent games and have fun.

Edit: This thread is not about violence. If you want to discuss violence, make a thread. I personally find sexual creeps more harmful to witness for kids than violence. And even if I didn’t, this is still an irrelevant discussion to have on this thread. Derailing the conversation is not helpful.

1 Like

People always make this argument to roundabout defend ERP and the response is always the same:

Yeah, most people agree, overly-graphic descriptions of violence in public channels are bad. But unlike, ERP, there isn’t a designated town where people are completely reckless with super graphic descriptions of violence.

1 Like

Corpse exploding deathknights.
The Undeath camp in hillsbrad.

The argument I see is this:

Violence bad. Sex public also bad. Therefore cat kinks and futas in public okay. . .

It’s practically the argument that because most people who speed aren’t arrested for speeding then speeding is generally okay. Which it isn’t.

Speeding is wrong. Sexual content in public is wrong. over-indulged violence CAN be wrong too. There are limits, and they’re clearly broken by the sexual content, and not as much by the violence.

1 Like

People make the argument because it’s a valid one. It’s not an argument in the defense of ERP, it’s an argument that ERP isn’t the only thing that needs to be focused on to make this server a safe place to interact with people in. As for how dangerous ERP is said to be, keeping it in a designated place where it can be easily avoided seems almost better until it can be dealt with properly, as apposed to it leaking out into all corners and zones of the game.

Plenty if naked breasts in public here in Germany. So it is not like sexual themes are that taboo. Especially in an age where you can get the weirdest stuff in less then 10 seconds of googling.

And this thread has nothing to do with that. ERP and violence are seperate issues, as you yourself say.

So let’s keep them that way?

Make your own thread if you wish to discuss violence. ERP is a seperate issue alltogether.

2 Likes

It isn’t. You’re saying “Yes, A is bad, but B is also bad, therefore everyone should be in total apathy regarding A”.

You’re, hopefully not knowingly, effectively just trying to create apathy towards people flooding a game for ages 12 and up with graphic sexual content. You should probably stop doing that, because it makes you look really wacky.

Like not in WoW, yes.

1 Like

I agree with this. Any reasonable person can see the logic in what’s above… I’d hope.

1 Like

No you’re rather misunderstanding. What I am saying, A is bad, but B is also bad, so A and B need to both be changed and treated equally. My apathy is towards that these problems will not change anyway, and there is little point in trying to make them happen.

Then why are you in this thread?

You don’t care to fix the issue, and you’re trying to create apathy towards ERP with standard issue ERPer defenses.

I only see one explanation here, and it’s not one that makes you look good, my dude.

2 Likes

Because this thread will go silent soon enough. Nothing will happen, and then in a month or two the exact same thread will come about where everyone involved postures about the exact same things, but no one in the debate will actually act on anything they say or actually put an effort into effecting any decent change on the server. All these things are in the end are two sided posturing parties that lead to nothing at all. It’s all they have ever been aswell.

Roguestab has posted very visible evidence of putting effort into changing this. Maybe you should read the thread before saying nobody will do anything.

it’s pretty gross how you’re trying to just keep the apathy pump rolling even when you get called on it, my man. Get out of Goldshire.

3 Likes