Goldshire kid preying hub? What to do about it?

Blizzard doesn’t condone exposing people. And I don’t like putting my real life to all these drama issues aka my real life twitter and or Facebook. Allthough I’d have no problem sending them PMs or the like about it I suppose. It’s definetly something to try.

Do it then.

Honestly, they should just implement layering in Goldshire and not let you see the other people around that tavern unless you’re in a group with them. If the people cannot see each other, they won’t ERP.

3 Likes

All of the suggestions so far sound better than doing nothing… So sad… Honestly.

That would take some effort.

Then you would have to try that onto more places though than GS.

Stormwind has entire places infested with just ERP.

There needs to be much more done and Blizzard knows. So it’s too much for their “ressources”. Smol indie dev. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ok here’s a real controversial statement everyone

goldshire bad
erp bad

8 Likes

There was a sensation piece about Goldshire on Vice. That was two years ago.

who here /interviewed by vice/

4 Likes

Sadly it ain’t just Goldshire. No matter where you go people will ERP. Just that Goldshire attracts people to do bad while in other places people seem to be more secretive. Yes, I know this because when I role played I’d get whispers… on Vax.

I often go there for a laugh before logging out and I never had that kind of stuff happen. Is it only on female avatars?

Mostly. Female characters get approached by wanting males more often than the other way around. They’re in higher demand I’d presume. Due to the majority of players being of the male s-eex. Allthough the opposite does happen.

I don’t mean to say that ERP between consenting adults is in any way wrong. My personal philosophy is people can do whatever they want, as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone or they start dragging unwanting people into it.

The problem arises when people don’t filter themselves, approaching random strangers asking them to help them ja-ack off etc. These disgusting creatin forget that the game is made to be hospitable to children. Sadly, they’re not careful and will approach anyone, as they only care about one thing…

1 Like

Destroying Goldshire would for sure be a good start. These things at least wouldn’t be happening in the first tavern newly created human characters visit.

1 Like

True, they’d instead be happening in the “Slaughtered Lamb” and “Pig and Whistle”.

I don’t understand this “We can’t do anything” attitude… I personally refuse to believe that Blizzard just doesn’t care about pedophiles sitting in groups looking for children on their servers. The issue just has to be raised.

I have been reporting people in Goldshire tavern for TRPs a lot today, and the process seems to take way too long. The reporting system is so flawed, and it’s like they intentionally made it hard for people to report for addon content, so they wouldn’t bother. Idk. I’m finding this whole situation disgusting.

For my part, it’s less that “it can’t be done” so much as me being devoid of realistic solutions to it.

As i said before just report it via their twitter on a throwaway account.
Then they will act because it becomes a PR thing, you don’t want to have a game with such reputation.

1 Like

It’s not just Goldshire that this happens on, I’m afraid.

I agree with this, Imagine if the news caught wind of it and did a report “World of Warcraft dangerous to children?”.

If that happens it will effect sales so they will do anything to avoid it, thus acting quicker if it is on a public Platform where non WoW users can see it.

that already happened… . . .