Goldshire kid preying hub? What to do about it?

The problem is that many of the accounts are expendable trials that don’t even cost £9.99

If they get banned they can just roll another character with another e-mail

If Blizzard changed how trials work, there’d be a big dent in this problem at least

4 Likes

Well at least if the bans were permanent we could make them lose 9 euros every single day… As things are right now it’s not really worth it to even report this sort of behaviour since they can continue it a week later for free.

No, they’d lose 0 a day - most of the people you see in Goldshire are on unpaid trial accounts

The only way they communicate is via TRP3 - ie. many will have a ((add me if you’re interested)) -esque message, because that allows trials to message each other

4 Likes

Added. However I mostly report the ones actively displaying lewd stuff in their TRPs on high level accounts in Goldshire, since I know the other is an uphill battle.

I report everyone who randomly whispers me however. Yesterday someone whispered me a full emote, and I asked her what she would’ve done if I was a minor… She just appologised… But they don’t always act that way.

Edit: I think people would be surprised that a lot of the people who do this kind of stuff use actual high level characters, cause of their prettier appearances or whatnot. So reporting them would actually punish those people, if they were banned more than a week…

1 Like

Would 'ave thought Lilynore would 'ave turned up wiv this thread.

1 Like

Maybe she is here, secretly amongst us.

Gasp Oh lordy.

Don’t even Dud, she’ll come here and we have the whooooooole :poop:how all over again

1 Like

If Blizzard does nothing I’d hope the community eventually begins to have a 0 tolerance policy for these things… Maybe if everyone just reported it everytime they saw TRPs describing… You know what… We’d eventually reach a point where they were an oddity and not the norm…

Sounds like you went into a den of snakes and expected hens.

1 Like

You already have the maximum number of active tickets.

Rip. This system is a joke. I was in Goldshire for 2 minutes and reported the max amount of people. If a GM or something took 1 minute out of their schedule they could fix this issue in a second… Except I have to report 5 people per day and my tickets are ignored for over 24 hours xD… I’m slowly losing my sanity

Edit: Letting me report 5 people is not enough when there are 50 rulebreakers in one spot…

Destroy the child, corrupt them all

1 Like

The game is raited Teen, doubt some “lewd” text in Goldshire will do any harm.

Despite the fact that the ESRB doesn’t rate online communities.
I think the problem is not the lewd text because /2.
But more the forced and predatory behaviour… which needs to cease.

Well just standing in Goldshire is not breaking the rules. You can not expect the GMs to read minds.

Well yeah, it’s wrong and against the rules and I don’t condone it, but it’s not a new thing. It has happened since BC and probably since Vanilla. I was underage back then and got tons of weird PM’s, my guild told me how to mute them. It’s that kind of place. Best you can do, if you want to try to solve the problem, is to not only give the name, but also screencap the conversation and timestamp it. If you want to go full activist then, yeah, then share it publicly.
Personally I just stay away from Goldshire unless it’s to troll (which is very rare now) and then mute all the weirdos, I find it a lot easier to do, because as I said… It’s been going on for over a decade now.

Shouldn’t go there even if you’re trolling tbh, let that place die

2 Likes

Despite the occasional erp forum defense force appearance you’ll find the majority do have a zero tolerance policy, and we have in the past gone into Goldshire in groups to report the rule breaking TRPs (something that is easier done now thanks to the in built report function); unfortunately as has been mentioned these are lv1 free trial accounts and as soon as one gets banned they make another.

I suspect the majority of these aren’t even Argent Dawn players full time, just horny perverts from elsewhere - the AD ones are usually silly enough to get caught on their mains.

4 Likes

It won’t die. We have to kill it. If Gnomeregan can be sanitised, so can Goldshire be.

1 Like

I can tell you for certain that it won’t die by itself, if you want to kill it, just organize mass report groups or something and keep that up for a good long while. Basically declare a crusade and actively go and fight it, otherwise it will keep going as it always has.