Goldshire kid preying hub? What to do about it?

*When you were talking with Perroy.

You know that’s not true either.

4 Likes

WoAh that’s shockingly shook

Not everybody who uses a trial account is ERPing in Goldshire.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty obvious that this is some big spin because I don’t think you actually think that content not even on the profile of someone who isn’t even in a guild I am the leader of should be policed by me

A gnomish / thin-lipped angle to take and I think you can nervously repeat it infinitely without making any ground = (

I don’t really care as long as this doesn’t happen while they are a part of my community

If you think anyone who has ever ERPed should be tormented for all time even if they realise their mistake then I think that will be a problem for you instead of me

I try to stay in the mindset that I should never have a conversation online that I would really be devasted to see posted because things always come out and it pays to be transparent

You (?) contacted me on some weird alt linking an entirely SFW profile and then began linking loads of weird furry art I didn’t really want to see on other profiles that they had at one point followed

I messaged them and told them to ask what the story was and tell them that they really shouldn’t be advertising their interest in komodo dragons like that because it is basically embarassing and sweaty which they then deleted

If you think that talking about something really openly in a channel with 900 members is a cover-up, I don’t think you should consider a job in the Secret Services

One £9.99 reoccuring sub, please

The fox & the grapes

There are at least twenty billion people on this server that would love to find a reason to argue at me but not even one will join you in your walk of shame through this thread

Cope

edit: wrong char but u get what I’m saying !

15 Likes

but if they’re on a trial they can’t talk to 99% of people anyway? So I hardly imagine they’re RPing.

1 Like

he says nervously

7 Likes

They can still use /say so they can RP.

but they can only talk to low-levels, they’re ghosts to, again, 99% of people.

Trust me fam you don’t have to play devil’s advocate on this one.

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

And what do you mean by this?

Trials can only talk to people below a certain level, or those they are in a party with.

2 Likes

Oh I see it now, yes. (I was going by what WoWpedia says about it)

Still. That doesn’t mean they are exclusively used for ERP and disabled addons for trials would not solve the problem. In fact, it would make it harder to detect the offenders.

So to begin with i agree with others. GS is one of those really hard to fix problems. But i have a small suggestion.

First off Up the amount of right click reports we can do, then second give us one specifically for “explicit content”. then thirdly they need to do perma IP bans. Kick these people right in the gonads. Because it costs money to get a VPN to change your IP.

I mean that unpaid trial accounts can only be heard by people in their immediate level range. They also can’t whisper people etc.

Sadly this doesn’t happen on EU (or did not happen yet as far as I know) - since Blizzard HQ’s in the USA, therefore NA, they’d rather much focus on those servers than these, it seems. It would be nice to see that experiment implemented on AD too, however.

Screwing everybody who has family members playing or flatmates etc. etc. Blizzard wont do that.

They can and should, they’ve changed some API stuff to keep certain addons from working so disabling it from Trial accounts is plausible and would be a good step in the right direction.

Sometimes I wonder, could we just form kill squards and go into Goldshire with intend to report every nasty thing said, see where that takes us?

edit: lets take it a step further, create a whole anti ERP discord with the sole mission of reporting and hunting down ERPers.

Edit2: and take it a last mile and harass them while we are at it, make the game unplayable for them with spam and what not, FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!

That’s the thing, the only way your gonna fight it is with drastic measures. Which Blizz won’t do because money.

One of the easiest fixes is just to keep condemning it. One thing I’ve seen alot in guilds is the apparant need to make it a key rule that “ERP is fine in private”, which I feel is a bit un-needed and only furthers the acceptance for places/communities like GS.

Either take the agressive stance and just make a rule that its not approved of by the guild at all, or the more passive and just don’t mention it. If a situation then arises with members being caught doing less unsavoury things in public eyes, remove them. Going out of the way to specifically write a rule that “its fine if you keep it to yourself” feels like a un-intended(or perhaps intended) advertisement. And regardless of your personal opinion on it, it has no place within the game itself as a platform.

Second fix is simply to keep reporting interactions you find that do break the CoC/ToA, which in general, ERP does due to the written rules by Blizzard themselves.

3 Likes

would get you banned yourself

3 Likes