Goldsinks... Goldsinks everywhere šŸ’ø

Iā€™ve stopped mogging high ilvl gear. I use whites for RP, those are still cheap to mog. Iā€™m back again to the old way of having bags full of RP gear again.

The way gold sinks are implemented in WoW primarily hurts poorer players as opposed to gold goblins.

How much you can play end game content is effectively capped by your gold in your bag. If you are new to the game, or donā€™t want to engage in the player economy, gold income will be quite limited but should give you enough to generally break even on regular maintenance costs like repairs and transmogs (unlocking appearances is a core feature of the game, after all), provided you are at least somewhat frugal.

Iā€™m in this camp. I get by doing a few WQs here and there, and I generally avoid purchasing anything off the AH unless itā€™s very cheap. When I play the game, I prefer to spend my time doing things that actually feel like meaningful gameplay, like Mythic dungeons.

Iā€™ve tried getting into professions but to me they are boring and do not represent compelling gameplay. World Quests are already enough chores for me thanks.

I donā€™t expect the game to shower me in gold. But it wouldnā€™t take much tweaking of the numbers for Blizzard to effectively penalise players who opt to avoid the player economy as much as possible, and instead want to purely focus on battle content. Hopefully things donā€™t slide in that direction.

1 Like

Deep down, thatā€™s the right answer.
Itā€™s a time vs money question these days.

I quit and left my pot behind. I keep getting whatsapps from guildies asking me to give them my pot but i am not going to.

1 Like

Sure, if the queue for rated pvp wasnā€™t 20ish minutesā€¦

^ Thatā€™s your answer right there.
Make use of that.

I just made around 50k today not doing a whole lot.

Well a lot of TWW stuff costs shards and not gold. Thereā€™s that.

Ahh, you are right ! My bad sorry. Read 100/120 when you said 120/100. I take it back.

But I will say I at-least dont buy anything crafting related knowing that I will replace that piece in 2 days.

I treat my WoW gold like I treat my IRL money. If people want it, then theyā€™ll have to come and try take it.

1 Like

Is your real name ā€˜Scrooge McDuckā€™, by any chance? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:eyes:

I canā€™t confirm or deny.

1 Like

Well it is intrinsically linked, so why wouldnā€™t you?

ā‚¬1 = ~13.000 gold.

So long as you can use the gold as a currency for something youā€™d otherwise pay money for, then the gold has an exchange rate.

And you can. Subscription time, Online Store purchases, expansions, and so on. It can all be bought with money or gold.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what you get for not playing the market like the economists.

I never had more than 30k gold since Dragonflight.

Just remember that if you will want to recraft the item later, it will be too difficult for crafter guarantee highest rank with bad materials of the first craft. You will need to replace all materials (recraft 3 times) or something like this. Or, use a lot of concetration

Meh, I stopped crafting because of low expected price. People ask 5-10k tip, it is not that much, Most people with gold are into crafting matts, consumables

The only real gold spend is preparing for raids.

900g is not much in a game where you can make 20k just by spending a couple of hours farming mats.

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/RfzT7ws

@Richardhuntr

tell me which mats I can farm as Priest Tailoring/enchant

+100000000000

Yeah, I have about 25k gold total, and I have to pay 500 gold to repair, and 700 gold to change transmog. I feel like Iā€™m loosing gold without buying anything. How does it make sense for this to be so expensive? I also looked at how much gold I need to buy crafted gear, and I was shocked. I will definitely not buy a wow token, I rather just stay in worse gear, but it definitely does not feel great at all.

I also need to buy consumables, enchants, etc. I donā€™t like, that this game ā€œforcesā€ people to engage with professions and farming gold, unless they pay extra real life money. I really donā€™t view that as engaging gameplay in the slightest.

2 Likes

I gotta admit things cost way more than I expected them to be this expansion. Just finding crafting tools was bad enough. Blizzard really wants to cash in on tokens this expansion. At this point, I donā€™t expect to buy much. It sucks but what can I do? Iā€™m hopeless when it comes to game economies. And Iā€™m not gonna frustrate myself trying.

3 Likes

You cant trade gold for real money. Only one way.

Your analogy is absurd. You will be correct when I can buy a Starbucks cofe with wow goldā€¦ orā€¦ I can trade it like Bitcoin and invest as if it was foreign currency.

1 Like