Graphic update / no hate pls

Question to the community … why is such a NO to an updated graphics? I searched the forums and I saw a similar question a year ago and all the answer were an aggressive “go to retail !”. Why? I mean, we talk about the visuals, not the gameplay?

I started WoW as a kid and at that time it was like … whoa. I quit, maybe same as many others, after defeating Arthas. Cataclysm, pandas & crap was not part of the story. But also, I understood Blizz as a company.

Anyway … I retuned recently and played booth, vanilla and retail. The classic is same as I remembered visually, but hey … on retail, Orgrimmar looks fabulous. Every city, in time, it develops and grow. Why not our capital? SW looks bad since the Cata update, I can coop with that … but since Ima horde …

Please, do not point me to the retail. Is like you want me to live in the same house forever without no upgrade. Is really what you do?

7 Likes

Yes, actually. That’s exactly what I do.

If something is functional and I’m happy with it, I’m not going to waste time and money to make it look prettier.

8 Likes

Curious, no pun intended. You never upgraded you house in years?!

4 Likes

Nope. I fix things that are broke, I don’t replace things for no reason.

3 Likes

Since TBC will be running on SL client I wish they would allow us to get the enhanced graphics as an option! Like ray-tracing shadows and updated character models.

8 Likes

Honestly, I can’t stand updated textures of retail characters, something in them is so cringe, face expressions and all of that.

19 Likes

This 10chars

No reason? How about in 20 years the wall is falling down, the pipes blows etc. It happens isn any condom, not to mention houses.

1 Like

The walls of Classic aren’t broke. The things that were have been fixed.

2 Likes

I’d have no problem with it, assuming that the new graphics could be turned off if someone doesn’t want updates. Kind of like what they showed for Diablo 2 remaster.

Though I don’t think realistically that’s gonna happen.

5 Likes

Talking about towns, not us, not gameplay.

Exactly. Clastic nor TBC is defined by gameplay,. not graphics. My point.

1 Like

I thought we already had new graphics. I can turn them up far higher than I could in Vanilla, and there’s clearly graphical elements and effects that weren’t available then. What’s up with what we have already?

Not that I bother with any of it, I have everything set to Classic mode.

2 Likes

-wow was never about insane detailed graphics…even current retail graphics sucks if you’ll compare it to other games.
-But wow has unique atmosphere being colorful and simple
if u play for the graphic and not the gameplay? Quit wow.

5 Likes

I vastly prefer the way wow classic looks to shadowlands.

My only wish is that the day night cycle in game was like the original, darker and wilder.

It’s a hard pass from me.

1 Like

Yes pleas darker nights. ANd spare us the snub nosed human looks from retail.

can the vanilla+tbc armor be shown on new models without any modifications? no
will the blizzard do anything that is not minimum investment? no
will they update graphics and put in a togge? no

Sure wow would be amazing on new engine even retail graphics kinda … Mehh … I like to see one day for them remake wow classic on new engine or smth or even better make new realistic game just like gta5 or cyberpunk style graphics if you know what I mean. I don’t really enjoy wow very collorful and very cartoonish graphics thats why I used to play Lineage II or other games then wow. If game has bad/trash graphics I am not going to enjoy it fully as the game that has more realistic graphics ( not cartoonish ) and wow for me always look like its made for kids because of graphics :smiley:

True I hate Retail remake races and how they look, I prefer “ugly” classic version looks then retail… something is really wrong with those retail races and how they look - to me they kinda look like pg13 or very cartoonish I feel like I am playing not wow but disney game made for kids :smiley: ( talking about retail ) Even my friend like more tbc blood elf look then retail belfs and how they made each race look

4 Likes

Becasue old graphics have their charm. Also goal of those classic versions is to preserve the lagecy of the game as close as it was back then. Lastly this allows them to release it without additional cost because not a lot of work is required to make it and maintain it. Making visuals for the game takes the most amount of time, work and people to do and WoW Classic team doesn’t realy have artists.

4 Likes

As long as it wouldn’t end up that horrible looking Dragonball Z kamehameha visuals retail has, then why not. Some darker nights, creepier areas (Duskwood for example isn’t that creepy) and the likes, while still having that familiar cartoonish look WoW is (I personally like it)…

But effects should stay kinda the way they are now. Not too DBZ flashing and all that crap. It just looks hideous :flushed:

1 Like