Gray and White Quality Transmog Options with or Before Dragonflight

Transmog enthusiasts will be happy to learn that Blizzard intends to add Gray and White quality items to the transmog system with or possibly even before Dragonflight, allowing players more options for self-expression. This reveal is one of several insights learned at the group interview with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas, which answered several questions about the upcoming Dragonflight expansion and lessons learned from previous expansions along the way.

The Twill and Unraveling Cloth sets are examples of gray gear which may be added to the transmog system.

Ongoing expansion and customization of it is something we are looking to do certainly by Dragonflight, possibly before then is rolling a lot of the white and grey quality items into the transmog system so that you can choose from a lot of simpler, humbler civilian attire-type looks. We want to keep adding in more options for customization and self-expression.

Ion Hazzikostas, Game Director

22 Likes

8 Likes

FINALLY!! I kept the starter Pandaren robes in my bags for almost 10 years and now I finally will be able to use them for transmog! (this character was Pandaren at first). :heart:

7 Likes

Ooooooooh! I can has my BE zone armour?! :scream:

Be aware that we were served this lie at Shadowlands Blizzcon too though and they later went “You know what?.. Nah.”

3 Likes

Wonderful news!

While they’re at it, I’d like quest reward sets and world drop sets to actually show up in the appearance set tab as well

does this mean the former blood elf starting gear is included too?
might aswell include a vendor for those sets just incase not everyone saved the white gear
before they made the change

yes i can but the starter sets got CHANGED and are not the same ones we had before

4 Likes

You could always create new characters just to unlock the starter sets :wink:

2 Likes

What’s the best way to suggest items to add? PTR?

1 Like

You got better though :+1:t2:

A lot of them are already on vendors thankfully. At least the mail and leather is.

2 Likes

thats awesome still have the 5 main unadorned chain pieces(red/orange for paladin)
in my bank but as mail armor
i believe belf war has/had the green version of which only the chest/boots are available
as a green items sold from the ghostlands rep vendor

until then i will use the lightbringer set+blood knight tabard or the lfr sepulcher paladin tier
which the chest piece has a scarf so you cant mix it with a tabard lol

1 Like

Did they not say that we should be able to acquire the old starter sets? I think they said that just when they implemented the new ones! :slight_smile:

i hope so yes i am always looking for more tmogs

2 Likes

But you never know sometime they remove things and don’t tell us until it’s to late! Blizz is like my grandma sometime sweet and sometime like Lucifer :joy:

THIS IS THE BEST ANNONCEMENT WE HAD IN YEARS! yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

4 Likes

It’s certainly very very high on the list at least.

2 Likes

ducks and now this. I wanna the preorder now.
And if they introuce as new allies tuskarr ill buy the most expensive one

2 Likes

yes that and the light chain armor npc Farsil in falconwing square is selling
you can get the green tmoggable version from quests in silverpine forest/redridge and others
also tmogable version of what Noellene(paladin trainer npc) is wearing pls

2 Likes

This is wholesome and good news about time too :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh my god, finally! Yes!

It’s just such an easy thing to give and it has so much impact.

4 Likes

Finally I will be able to empty the starter gear out of my bank! Years of hoarding justified :joy_cat:

5 Likes