Greymane Praising Section

:cry:

… Bwonsamdiii!

Well, since the threat is here already… what are we supposed to like Greymane for anyway? Being a flawed character, in a more realistic way than many we get in the game are? Learning loyalty towards the Alliance and the Night Elves after a lifetime of being a bit of an egomaniac? Attacking once, when the opportunity presented itself? Being fluffy?

I’m not trying to be disparaging, just genuinely curious. I never saw much more I liked in him than the chance that he might actually give us some Alliance aggression/dissent/villainy. But since I’ve mostly lost that hope I’ve mostly lost any interest in him.

Mostly realism, to be fair. In the Alliance where most characters are painted as white knights or idiots, he’s a refreshing change.

2 Likes

All of the points you have listed are actually valid :smiley:

Genn is great because of them. He’s acting more human than anyone else. His actions are believable.

1 Like

I guess I have problems seeing his turn towards Anduin as convincing, that makes the “realism” part hard for me. But I guess as a reason it is fair enough. I like Saurfang for the same reason. Probably mostly a question of the narrative headcanon you hold considering his motivation for certain actions.

2 Likes

I like Greymane. He has a fairly balanced character and complex enough personality to be likeable. He really feels like he’s evolved since we first saw him and I like that.

Wish we’d get more of Darius Crowley and Ivar Bloodfang as well. I’m interested in how they’re doing in Silverpine.

5 Likes

Too bad that House Greymane is doomed, unless Tess manages to marry Anduin Wrynn and their child inherits the mother’s surname. Too bad that Tess doesn’t seem to care about politics and just want to have fun with her miserable criminal friends, the Uncrowned.

Genn Greymane’s legacy will vanish. No one will remember him. No one will remember his family’s name. And no one will remember his deeds.

I’m sure his people will remember him.

If Tess marries Anduin we can definitely tell who will be the one in control of that marriage. For your sake I would recommend her marrying anyone but Anduin.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, his cursed and mangy people. All hail King Greymane, the King without a land. I do appreciate how the miserable refugees stick together and support each other. But such delusions of grandeur are pointless.

If Tess marries Anduin we can definitely tell who will be the one in control of that marriage. For your sake I would recommend her marrying anyone but Anduin.

Anduin, of course, who is one of the most brilliant and influential leaders on Azeroth, and is wise beyond his years.

Of course, that will never happen. Anduin will marry Taelia, daughter of the Lich King, heir to the Frozen Throne.

We will remember. Further more, Anduin will probably take Tess’s last name if they marry, looking at the lad. Same with Taelia. So House Wrynn might very well vanish.

3 Likes

Well actually Gilneas and Southern Silverpine are under Alliance control and thus his. With the land itself cleansed and all former land (pre-wall) back under their control the Kingdom of Gilneas is back on the rise!

This is coming from the traitor, how is Kul’tiras getting on? Without the help of us you’d be pigs, Void creatures or slaves.

You can thank us later.

Anduin is a pushover who lets anyone with legs walk on top of him. Tess at least gets sh*t done personally.

2 Likes

We will remember. Further more, Anduin will probably take Tess’s last name if they marry, looking at the lad. Same with Taelia. So House Wrynn might very well vanish.

Given how Velen refers to Anduin as “High King Wrynn” in the comic Son of the Wolf (which takes place many decades after the conclusion of Battle for Azeroth), It won’t be the Wrynn name to fade from history.

Well actually Gilneas and Southern Silverpine are under Alliance control and thus his. With the land itself cleansed and all former land (pre-wall) back under their control the Kingdom of Gilneas is back on the rise!

Forgive me. All Hail the cursed King Greymane. Long may he reign over a blighted wasteland.

This is coming from the traitor, how is Kul’tiras getting on? Without the help of us you’d be pigs, Void creatures or slaves.

You can thank us later.

Hush, Ash Elf. Hush.

Anduin is a pushover who lets anyone with legs walk on top of him.

Such as?

What do you know of Wrynn, Kul Tiran?

1 Like

Blight for the most part has been cleansed actually.

Damn, that roast bud. The only thing that can stand up to that is the Burning of Teldrassil itself.

Genn, Tyrande, just about anyone really. If they got married then Tess will definitely be the alpha of their relationship with each other.

2 Likes

With the help of the Alliance, of course. Genn Greymone does not hesitate to turn a blind eye to the suffering of his allies, but he’s quick enough to run crying to the Alliance whenever it suits him.

Damn, that roast bud. The only thing that can stand up to that is the Burning of Teldrassil itself.

I do appreciate how Night Elf players have started to laugh at the failures of their own race like the rest of us (the normal World of Warcraft players) have.

Genn

Didn’t Anduin tell Genn to shut his mouth at Lordaeron? And Greymane, like the good boy he is, listened to his King’s command?

I generally despise the genocidal Windrunner, but the line “Muzzle your dog, your majesty” put a smile on my face. No one takes Greymane seriously anymore. Deal with it.

But, he is a good boy, so he has Anduin’s blessings to help Tyrande in her little charade in Darkshore.

Tyrande

Who cares about Tyrande? Her own twisted husband told her to keep her mouth shut for once.

Genn Greymane did not turn a blind eye to the suffering of the Night elves, like Stormwind did. He fights in Darkshore, honoring his debt!

2 Likes

Anduin sent his Fleet to aid the Kaldorei in the War of Thorns.

And of course Greymane helped the Kaldorei, he is a guest in their home, he had no choice.

Yes, their aid was significant. Oh, no, they were too late.

Oh, he had a choice. But he also had a debt.

2 Likes

Yes, their aid was significant. Oh, no, they were too late.

Let’s kick the worthless Gilnean scum out of Stormwind, then let’s see if you still think that we are useless.

Oh, he had a choice. But he also had a debt.

No, he didn’t have a choice, most of his people, including his wife, were in Darnassus at the time. I suppose that I should commend the explosive role that they played in the War of Thorns.

Look at all this useless Alliance infighting on a forum when in-game are always uniting about everything and never argue about anything instead…

Compensation I guess…makes sense :rofl:

1 Like