Grind leveling

Another update - it’s been a while as I’ve had to farm on my main for consumables for AQ but I’ve managed to squeeze in some time for my hunter. I’m not touching the gold I make with this character until I hit 60.

So I’m 40 now and I went to Hillsbrad at level 27-31 farming the spiders for Large Venom Sacs and also grabbing Bruiseweed, Wild Steelbloom, Brairthorn, Mageroyal, Tin Vein and the small amounts of Iron Veins near the elite dwarves.

From level 31-37 I went to Shimmering Flats and farmed the Scorpids and Rocs for Large Venom Sacs and Light Feathers. I also farmed the Turtles because they drop a lot of greys that have decent vendor price and even Basilisks as they share respawn with the Scorpids. Also grabbed any Wild Steelbloom and Iron Veins I saw around the edge of the map.

From 37-40 I moved on to Badlands, tamed Broken Tooth as soon as I entered the zone. I started farming the 39-40 Earth Elementals south for Solid Stone and Elemental Earth as well as mining Iron and Mithril Veins and herbing Goldthorn, Wild Steelbloom, Firebloom, Khadgars Whisker and Fadeleaf. If Badlands was too busy I’d switch to Arathi and farm the elementals there. I was doing this early morning though so I faced less competition.

Still selling any greens with good stat combinations such as “Of the Monkey/Eagle/Bear” as well as +frost/shadow damage items.

So far gold accumulated 1910g

2 Likes

/played 10days 2hours on hunter when lvl 60.
This is with some fun bg’s
Afking when breaks.
And exalted av.
If u go horde… From lvl 12 to 30 u can keep farming windstriders(barren) and harpies (barrens and stoneltan) Preferable 1lvl below u… U farm Light feathers and great xp… And with the gold u farm u buy new gear (invest to earn faster)
U can do this with al kinds of mobs up to 60

P, 's i used vodka Amnesia and music aswel… And u on a roll

I’ve also started doing this… Not quite as strictly as you are but I went to barrens 16-19, got 120 light feathers and they sold for 10g a stack! I’ve sinced moved onto thelgen rock spiders and 19-20 6 large venom sacks dropped 5g each and also the recipe for the pots you make with the venom sacks (forgotten the name) but they are on AH for 200g+ so fingers crossed that sells! Good guide this for anyone starting late/rerolling!

I am spending bits of the gold to keep my gear us up to date as possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve become a bit less strict now that I’m level 46 I’ve decided to try some hunter pvp at 49 so I’ve done a few dungeon runs in ZF and Mara. Even so I’m still making good gold now sitting at 2.9k :slight_smile:

I continued farming Elementals in Badlands until 42 then I felt like a change of scenery as I’d been there for 5 levels so I went to STV and killed some pirates for Volatile Rum and Mageweave cloth, got super lucky on my 5th kill and Hyacinth Macaw parrot pet dropped which goes for around 175g on my server (although it’s a slow seller).

From level 43-46 onwards I farmed the Naga slightly north of Booty Bay (and did some Mara/ZF) and got 2 Golden Pearls within 35 Big-mouth clams and sold them for 71g each then got another around 80 clams later and sold it for the same price. Pretty lucky really to get that many.

I’m probably going to farm the Naga in Feralas till 49 then do some PvP before continuing on to 60.

Glad to hear you found this useful, Attenborough. :slight_smile: You got super lucky getting that recipe you might even want to consider leveling an alt alc character to learn that recipe if you end up farming more sacs it can be quite lucrative if you sell them on raid nights.

1 Like

I had a go at it not only to get skins but to level my pet on a hunter, I was there 15 minutes and got called a bot 3 times. I chose an out of the way place in stonetalon.

1 Like

This doesn’t surprise me. :slight_smile:

I’ve had quite a few high level horde come up to me while leveling, clearly thinking I may be a bot but I’ll often throw them a wave and they will leave me be although I have often strafed in between shots sub consciously to show I’m not one, ha!

The tough life of a Hunter. :slight_smile:

Wow, 2.9k, thats truly amazing!

Would love to some what of a summary when you are 60. As i said before i have just been partly grinding, but im thinking of going all in grindmode with my alt in the future☺️

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.