"Group loot" bug

My guild uses “group loot” system in raids, but sometimes loot remains in the boss for unknown reason. Chat message appears, saying that “Player X has won the roll/item” and that’s it. Despite the fact that the winner has free bag slots and stands close (10-15 yd) to the corpse.

Last time it happened was 22-23 Nov in ZG at Bloodlord Mandokir with player Anchors (server: Firemaw)

It’s because the item is “preoccupied” or w/e the error message was. It can happen in 5-man etc. as well. All you have to do is go loot it manually as the person who won it, when it happens.
Point is, you can see the error message as the winner of the roll if you look at your screen. The same way an error message would appear when you’re out of range yet still try to use an ability etc.

Preoccupied? :stuck_out_tongue:

It shows an error message along those lines. It’s not like I can trigger it and check myself whenever I want, just going by memory. It’s basically saying the loot is “busy”, usually coinciding with people still checking what the loot is while the roll is completed for it.

My point is that this is not flagged as a bug for Blizzard.
We’ve lost Ashjre’thul because of it when we face it for the first time, and it’s been 5 months since when it dropped last time . “Ticket support team” couldn’t help cuz “there’s no bug” for em.

No, you lost it because the person who won it didn’t go back to loot it when the error appeared.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.