Group loot in Mythic+

As I’ve started playing alts I began to notice how inconvenient personal loot is in M+. A lot of the time people are in lower keys for crests or flightstones or simply get loot that they don’t need so you have to ask if they need it or not every time. There are some addons that help with that but still…

Bonus points if the person is from the opposite faction and leaves the dungeon instantly so you lose out on loot that all 5 party members worked for or best case scenario you have to both fly to a dungeon to trade…

I think it’s about time M+ gets some version of group loot for it. I know not everyone likes it but IMO it’d be a much better system than what we have now. Raids have it now so I don’t see why dungeons shouldn’t.

No, group loot needs to go away.

3 Likes

Why?

6 characters required

Because it sucks.

4 Likes

Not an argument

It is most definitely an argument.

Personal loot sucks

No, it’s perfect for m+.

You don’t run in there and then loot a bow when you have no hunter in the party.

4 Likes

Okay I can definitely see what you mean. But what I meant is, the dungeon should drop appropriate loot for the party, but everyone should be able roll on it, and ofc someone who can only wear cloth shouldn’t be able to roll on plate.

So a mix of personal and group loot, I guess.

Then you don’t want group loot.

Well, I don’t want personal loot either.

Which is their loot and they can do what they wish with it. It dropped for them, if they choose to offer it up then that’s their choice, if they leave without doing it’s not 80% everyone else’s in the group.

Don’t try to guilt people with addons, I’ve seen that backfire, when PLH was a thing, set to group announce - it’s very annoying if you’re playing with strangers.

Surely best case is you meet up in Valdraken after listing a new group the public interface and just invite them?

Is that such a hardship? I don’t think so. God forbid you have to talk to another person in an MMO.

Yes there are annoying people out there asking in /w do you need ? Even 5 minutes after we finish dungeon :slight_smile:

The answer is Simple - yes i do - its either a disenchanting mats or 20 gold - ofc i need it.

Dont be a beggar :slight_smile: its not a gentleman behavior :slight_smile:

All this should be solved need expansion with warband loot :slight_smile: now you will be wasting time begging since everything will be for Alts anyway

They need the rest of the party to get that loot… just like in every other group content in this game.

No one is trying to guilt anyone. In most cases, people trade their loot when asked, so long that the person asking made sure that person didn’t need the loot by checking first.

Yes. God forbid I have to deal with one more Russian who can’t speak English and spend 10 minutes trying to trade him instead of just 1.

20 gold over being nice to someone and potentially saving them hours of farming? You are insane. And calling people beggars. Crazy.

This is exactly why a mix of group and personal loot is needed in this game. Because people like this exist. lol

1 Like

And here you have the kind of player who will just need on everything if you get your system…

…and in doing so, they will be exhibiting gentlemanly behavior for your uncivilized self to take inspiration from. /s

A hybrid system would be best for the players. Make sure loot that drops is usable by someone but let people roll for it instead of having to beg.

1 Like

I like the idea. I’ve always thought personal loot sucked

1 Like

Why is this such a problem in the WoW community?
Why can’t you all be nice and respectful to one another?

Play literally any other MMORPG and they either have better loot systems in place, or people that actually talk to one another in instances and have no qualms sharing a lower piece with someone to help them.

3 Likes

And you think group loot brings the best out of people? Have you tried LFR by any chance? People needing on everything, heck bring friends along to need for them so they can keep the item at randsom…just 1 example.

Personal loot aint perfect and will never be. But there I get the item(if), I can bloody do what I want with it than see a 480 person+his friends loot a 430 item and then start an auction for it.

Nice way to reduce player numbers for m+ too…